2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

...wore these basura (only Spanish most sneakerheads know) shoes again today.

#walter

edit:
@mints reminded me that sneakerheads also know "fuego"

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with ebay links, we're all trying to help each other out. The fact that an NTer might think that they have some hidden information and get gassed bc they lose an auction that ended up being shared on NT is absolutely CHILDISH. Those are the same people who bid $90 on an auction and cry OMG HOW'D I GET SNIPED AT EXACTLY 91.00?? EBAY IS HACKS!

I also don't have a problem with the ebay links. Sometimes some really good deals are posted and it helps spread awareness to market prices out there.

TBH I don't have the time I use to have to comb ebay everyday for sneakers I may have forgotten about or are on my wish list but not super important. Those links almost always come in clutch.

Who cares if someone post an ebay link. People helping people. The world needs more of this

I think in the past it wasn't allowed because people were posting their own links advertising them. I'm for posting them and against in certain situations, such as why they weren't allowed before. Helping someone on NT is always welcome.

I don't have a problem with ebay links, we're all trying to help each other out. The fact that an NTer might think that they have some hidden information and get gassed bc they lose an auction that ended up being shared on NT is absolutely CHILDISH. Those are the same people who bid $90 on an auction and cry OMG HOW'D I GET SNIPED AT EXACTLY 91.00?? EBAY IS HACKS!

Hmm not necessarily true. For example, I was eyeing red lobsters that I was planning on buying very soon, messaged the seller trying to work out a price since his was high (flightclub prices). The link for the 11.5 was posted here and a day or so after someone else bought them. I'm not saying that because the listing was posted here someone bought them, but just noting it. Another pair will come by again sooner or later, it's no biggie. Seller also said he sold them for even more than what he had them listed, I find it hard to believe someone would offer $50 more than what he listed them for lol but it wouldn't surprise me.

I agree with you there about those that complain about being outbid by $1..should have bid more if you really wanted them. Move on to the next pair.

Walter..

Last edited:
Hmm not necessarily true. For example, I was eyeing red lobsters that I was planning on buying very soon, messaged the seller trying to work out a price since his was high (flightclub prices). The link for the 11.5 was posted here and a day or so after someone else bought them. I'm not saying that because the listing was posted here someone bought them, but just noting it. Another pair will come by again sooner or later, it's no biggie. Seller also said he sold them for even more than what he had them listed, I find it hard to believe someone would offer $50 more than what he listed them for lol but it wouldn't surprise me.

I agree with you there about those that complain about being outbid by $1..should have bid more if you really wanted them. Move on to the next pair.

Walter..
That's my point, nobody can make that claim about any link that is posted. Ebay in itself is a popular enough platform. Sometimes there are deals sometimes there aren't deals. To me it just seems like sometimes a losing bidder/buyer needs a reason to complain as to why they didn't get the sneakers they want at the price they want. It just happens and should be left at that.

Regarding the eBay links...

It is definitely appreciated and I don't mind it. As long as they're not being posted to fill space and pass time. And if it's legit steals.

And if it's Buy It Now. I'd be lying if I said I never got sniped on an auction due to it being posted in here.

The sniping is exactly my point. Drives up the auction for no reason. Nothing worst then watching an auction for several days only for it to be posted in here with 52 min left and the entire thing is blown up

That's my point, nobody can make that claim about any link that is posted. Ebay in itself is a popular enough platform. Sometimes there are deals sometimes there aren't deals. To me it just seems like sometimes a losing bidder/buyer needs a reason to complain as to why they didn't get the sneakers they want at the price they want. It just happens and should be left at that.

Ecactly.

Regarding the eBay links...

It is definitely appreciated and I don't mind it. As long as they're not being posted to fill space and pass time. And if it's legit steals.

And if it's Buy It Now. I'd be lying if I said I never got sniped on an auction due to it being posted in here.

Which is why it should be you doing the sniping my friend [emoji]128540[/emoji]

Arguing about ebay links again? Well it's nice to know that no matter how much time I spend away from here it never changes.

No arguing this time, just discussion.

Walter..

Last edited:
When I came back into this thread earlier this year I was surprised eBay listings were being posted up. I believe years ago there was a zero tolerance for eBay listings being posted..correct me if I'm wrong?

Idk how I feel about it, I check eBay myself on a daily basis, but I don't need anyone potentially driving up my "steal" buy or having a pair I plan to buy soon get put on display for lurkers that don't hunt on their own or search.

Walter..

Maybe I'm in the minority but I appreciate the eBay links...shout out to the peeps that provide them on a regular...I, too, check eBay on a regular, but if a listing gets snatched up before I can get a hold of it due to a link being provided in here, then it just wasn't meant to be....on to the next...the hunt for a rare gem is part of the fun....even if it's sniped by an NT lurk king.

@DanVSMan  Here's your cue ^^

We really need to sticky this info somehow...
Without rehashing too much old **** (because frankly all that nonsense was a HUGE waste of everyone's time considering the fact that I was 100% right) here is Meth's official response (although he deleted the post, I found the original content in a quote):

"It's actually not explicitly stated in the forum rules that users are prohibited from posting links to live ebay auctions:  http://niketalk.com/a/rules-of-conduct

The overarching rule here, which you've correctly identified, is that we don't want spam/self-promotion within the discussion forums.  

So, that's really the one criterion we're looking for in these cases, and it cuts both ways:  users aren't allowed to post live listings if we have any reason to suspect that it's done for the purpose of self promotion/spam, and users aren't allowed to "point others in the direction" of auction listings if we have any reason to suspect that it's done out of self promotion.  

The rule was never created to give people a "leg up" on ebay auctions.  In fact, NikeTalk has value because we've established a tradition of sharing information generously.  That's what has made NikeTalk such a great resource for our fellow members and guests.  

If someone is posting a link to an authentic eBay listing simply to be helpful - and not for some ulterior motive - that's actually fine with me and it's not outlawed by our rules of conduct.  

If there's doubt, we err on the side of caution and since eBay has done a poor job combating counterfeits, we will remove listing links to protect members from spam and fakes.  Otherwise, the priority is to ensure that our members continue to make use of our forums to share useful information and help each other out."

Again, I'm not going to be commenting further on any of this. Those who are regulars in the thread know my stance on it. 

Last edited:
Folks did a better job containing all their thoughts to one post
wink.gif
Interesting to note: This particular thread was started by a user who people seemed to be generally displeased with due to a habit of creating many unnecessary new threads regularly. 

Yep, things do move along at a faster rate now even from when I joined in 2011. But it's not such a bad thing though is it? Sure, there's plenty of "fluff" but just shows that there are more people involved in this thread than before.

I suppose this being sometimes the only avenue for sneaker talk for many, I find it interesting to see discussions form, and I jump in from time to time. At times the topic very random, but that's what makes this thread special. There isn't much arguing, there's plenty of respect here and I think that's why we all keep coming back here. And there's always SB's lol

Fast Times do look good, but I think I'll be passing. Perhaps a 2015 regret for passing on?

Walter..

Back
Top Bottom