2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Thanks for the input reps all around. I was just asking about colorways because i'm not that familiar with a lot of them besides the hyped ones obviously. Was just looking for some under the radar options that are pretty clean, that I would not know of. I will check through the list from sole reaver and scope out ebay.

I'm still torn if i should go 11 or 11.5.  found a pair I want in an 11.5  for a good price and that makes me more likely to pull the trigger. Just don't want them to be to big after paying resale you know? Would it be about the same fit as my bred 1's? I went with an 11.5 in those and it work. My foot measured is right between an 11 and an 11.5 and I always struggle on which way to go on releases lol
If you're an in betweener with more recent SB's (new tooling) go with the 11.5. Worst case the shoe will be a little big and you'll go down next time. I'm in in betweener...some shoes 8.5 and others 9. On Jordan 1's I go 9. On dunks I go 9. Other shoes I go 8.5. It depends but I'd rather have a little room vs not enough.

Does anyone have experience with Paypal chargebacks? I sold some shoes via eBay. I shipped the item quickly. Buyer received the item and now 5 days later without one single contact from the buyer I get a CHARGEBACK notification via Paypal. They didn't drop me a msg, they didn't file an ebay dispute...they just straight up did a bank chargeback saying it was an unauthorized charge?

My paypal acct is now of course negative pending the outcome of this mess.  If I sent screenshots of proof of delivery + tracking how likely is it that Paypal will rule in my favor? This buyer also only has 5 feedback total.  I'm pissed about this to say the least.

I say aim high as well

Worst case scenario you have to buy a thin insole to put under the zoom insole to take up some of the space.

Does anyone have experience with Paypal chargebacks? I sold some shoes via eBay. I shipped the item quickly. Buyer received the item and now 5 days later without one single contact from the buyer I get a CHARGEBACK notification via Paypal. They didn't drop me a msg, they didn't file an ebay dispute...they just straight up did a bank chargeback saying it was an unauthorized charge?

My paypal acct is now of course negative pending the outcome of this mess.  If I sent screenshots of proof of delivery + tracking how likely is it that Paypal will rule in my favor? This buyer also only has 5 feedback total.  I'm pissed about this to say the least.
 did you do the signature conformation? im not positive but that might only matter over a certain ammount of $$. was their address confirmed? 

I've never experienced this myself but hopefully you printed the shipping label through paypal and the tracking information is already in paypal.  That might help your case.  Id be interested in seeing how this turns out so if you dont want to post here then please pm me.

did you do the signature conformation? im not positive but that might only matter over a certain ammount of $$. was their address confirmed? 
No. It was $55 including shipping. Unless a buyer specified otherwise I wouldn't do that.  The item cost was only $40.  USPS covers insurance up to $50.  I clicked the SHIP NOW button directly through my ebay account.  It said confirmed. I'm just not sure how one can claim an unauthorized charge when they paid for it, had it shipped AND delivered, AND waited 5 days to file a chargeback + there was NO contact with me via ebay even though the item was purchased via ebay. It sounds 100% shady.

I've never experienced this myself but hopefully you printed the shipping label through paypal and the tracking information is already in paypal.  That might help your case.  Id be interested in seeing how this turns out so if you dont want to post here then please pm me.
Will do. Yeah, I think i'm going to call Paypal and see what this is all about. This just sounds shady to me. 

No. It was $55 including shipping. Unless a buyer specified otherwise I wouldn't do that.  The item cost was only $40.  USPS covers insurance up to $50.  I clicked the SHIP NOW button directly through my ebay account.  It said confirmed. I'm just not sure how one can claim an unauthorized charge when they paid for it, had it shipped AND delivered, AND waited 5 days to file a chargeback + there was NO contact with me via ebay even though the item was purchased via ebay. It sounds 100% shady.
most deff dude. im always worried about **** like this. i found this for you. https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/chargeback-guide#avoiding_chargebacks  although i did not like this statement. "Many sellers factor potential chargeback losses into the cost of doing business."

who the **** does this? what kind of paypal protection are we really getting. im deff concerned now about doing transactions through paypal anymore.

Last edited:

If thats the case, I think the buyer has to ship the item back with tracking and delivery confirmation before paypal will issue a refund.  At this point Im sure theyre just holding the funds until it gets resolved.

Unauthorized charge, I'm assuming, equates to the account being not confirmed or verified, right?

Even if you can prove delivery, doubt PayPal will side with you, unfortunately.

If thats the case, I think the buyer has to ship the item back with tracking and delivery confirmation before paypal will issue a refund.  At this point Im sure theyre just holding the funds until it gets resolved.
I hope so. I will be hitting the buyer with negative feedback once this is resolved.

Unauthorized charge, I'm assuming, equates to the account being not confirmed or verified, right?

Even if you can prove delivery, doubt PayPal will side with you, unfortunately.
Nah. The shipping address is confirmed in Paypal.

Unauthorized charge is when you go directly to your bank & claim it's unauthorized. If someone hijacked their acct (doubtful) then I dont mind refunding them, but they need to CONTACT me AND send my item back first. 

Last edited:
Hm.

I'm 0/life on PayPal disputes started against me, and I've never received one that was valid...that's why I rarely sell on eBay any more.

I sell quite a bit on the Bay and Amazon for my job and normally without a shipping confirmation your screwed. Ebay/Paypal's and Amazon's first priority it to always protect the buyer even when it's absolutely clear that the buyer is totally full of crap. Since you did send it via USPS try sending an email to the customer informing him that your are opening an investigation for mail fraud with his post office. In the future I recommend using signature confirmation especially if a guy has low feedback etc. It's only about 4 bucks and it USUALLY protects you with Ebay/Paypal/Amazon

Hm.

I'm 0/life on PayPal disputes started against me, and I've never received one that was valid...that's why I rarely sell on eBay any more.
Makes sense. I feel you. This is why I'm not a fan of paypal.  Where are other good places besides eBay? Craigslist in the DMV is super dead. In Miami I sold everything on Craigslist.  PM me other places you sell if you think it'll distract from this thread.  I appreciate the input everyone.

I sell quite a bit on the Bay and Amazon for my job and normally without a shipping confirmation your screwed. Ebay/Paypal's and Amazon's first priority it to always protect the buyer even when it's absolutely clear that the buyer is totally full of crap. Since you did send it via USPS try sending an email to the customer informing him that your are opening an investigation for mail fraud with his post office. In the future I recommend using signature confirmation especially if a guy has low feedback etc. It's only about 4 bucks and it USUALLY protects you with Ebay/Paypal/Amazon
You mean without a signature confirmation? I've never heard of that on a $40 purchase.  Thats crazy. I will PM you. I'd like to know more about this investigation for mail fraud.  I'm interested in actually doing that.  Thanks!

I ALWAYS add sig confirmation. 

Let it be a $20 package, or $200. A few bucks won't kill anyone and it gives you that peace of mind. 

Hey guys just joined today, been lurking for a while now. Has anyone ever ordered from www.got-kicks.com? I did some recon on his contact email and he's on linked in as a sneaker reseller. Anyway I ordered some cheech and chongs from him and hope they are legit.

Let it be a $20 package, or $200. A few bucks won't kill anyone and it gives you that peace of mind. 
You're the first person I've ever heard say this-I can't even remember a time where I received a package that required a signature outside of some outside UPS/Fedex/DHL stuff.  Lesson learned though. Unfortunately, hindsight is 20/20.

You're the first person I've ever heard say this-I can't even remember a time where I received a package that required a signature outside of some outside UPS/Fedex/DHL stuff.  Lesson learned though. Unfortunately, hindsight is 20/20.
Yeah, its really unfortunate but with the way people are nowadays, I dont see a point in risking it. 

At least its not a huge hit. 

This x 1,000! 

Best advice you could give anyone selling on Ebay/Amazon or anywhere really. Without it you might as well forget about fighting any buyer complaints. 

I'm so tired of people telling each other that PayPal will always side with the buyer.

I had several chargebacks from scumbags on eBay ranging from $70 to $600. I have lost exactly 0% of the disputed funds.

Step 1 call ebay first, PayPal if you didn't use ebay
Step 2 explain the situation simply -> now is not the time for excessive detail
Step 3 tell the agent you are afraid you are being scammed and you are asking ebay to support you as you can prove your case here and now on this phone call
Step 4 provide information : shipping addresses, tracking numbers, signature confirmations, whatever they want from you
Step 5 talk them back over the evidence "So if I have his signature, how can he claim it was not authorized? Doesn't he owe me the items back if he took his money back - I dont offer returns. This sounds like a case of buyers remorse."
Step 6 agent may close the case I your favor right here, escalate it to a manager, or attempt to have the buyer return the items (they will have something like 10 days to do so)
Step 7 dispute is closed in your favor

This all implies you did nothing dishonest and used proper tracking and signature confirmation in accordance with ebay and PayPal policy. Read the full sections on Seller Protection if you're selling something of high value, but know these issues are part of the risk and headaches of online sales. Protect yourself from the get go and you only have to step through the hoops if **** hits the fan.

Last edited:
I'm so tired of people telling each other that PayPal will always side with the buyer.

I had several chargebacks from scumbags on eBay ranging from $70 to $600. I have lost exactly 0% of the disputed funds.

Step 3 tell the agent you are afraid you are being scammed and you are asking ebay to support you as you can prove your case here and now on this phone call
Step 3 provide information : shipping addresses, tracking numbers, signature confirmations, whatever they want from you
Step 4 talk them back over the evidence "So if I have his signature, how can he claim it was not authorized? Doesn't he owe me the items back if he took his money back - I dont offer returns. This sounds like a case of buyers remorse."
Step 5 agent may close the case I your favor right here, escalate it to a manager, or attempt to have the buyer return the items (they will have something like 10 days to do so)
Step 6 dispute is closed in your favor

This all implies you did nothing dishonest and used proper tracking and signature confirmation in accordance with ebay and PayPal policy. Read the full sections on Seller Protection if you're selling something of high value, but know these issues are part of the risk and headaches of online sales. Protect yourself from the get go and you only have to step through the hoops if **** hits the fan.
He didn't use signature confirmation.

You don't need it for something so cheap. Read the policy.

You could even try claiming mail fraud and get the money back from USPS.

I'd talk to ebay :wink:

Last edited:

Step 4 provide information : shipping addresses, tracking numbers, signature confirmations, whatever they want from you
Step 5 talk them back over the evidence "So if I have his signature, how can he claim it was not authorized? Doesn't he owe me the items back if he took his money back - I dont offer returns. This sounds like a case of buyers remorse."
Step 6 agent may close the case I your favor right here, escalate it to a manager, or attempt to have the buyer return the items (they will have something like 10 days to do so)
Step 7 dispute is closed in your favor

i agree with this. do the best you can to protect yourself even if it cost a few extra $$ . not worth the headache

Back
Top Bottom