2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

DS Send Helps in flawless condition should be around $200-$240 (equally beneficial for both seller and buyer)

Anything under $200 would be considered a steal IMO.

R.Kelly prices are over $300 tho.....

On another note, I hit the local outlet once again....

Great deal for your female or man friend if applicable...

PM me if you need help....

LoL R Kelly Prices!!! REPPED

So is that 3m or is that how the material actually look?? I go back and forth on these, IMO this pic makes them look kind of weird..

I believe it's 3M, in other pics the pebbles/dots don't look as prominent.

BP 'marketing' is priceless, I'm gonna laugh if the QS releases, then I'm gonna buy them :tongue:

Just touched down in Orlando.
On vacation for my birthday week..
Decided to Un-DS these

Just was there on vaca a couple weeks ago. Lots of nike outlets and factory stores down there, make sure you check em out. Have fun!

Also like john said, legally bp cant release their version if there is a cease and desist. If they release their version, expect the qs to come out. And if their shoe was gonna be a bp only shoe (like the supremes) they woulda been braging about that along time ago

F BP. Absolute pass if that dogsh** name is anywhere on the shoe. I'd jump on a non-branded release in a heartbeat though

edit to add: I don't really see the appeal in the branding. If I were the shop and Nike asked what customization I want on the special release- insoles laces and locks all day long! box is sweet too if there's a story

Last edited:
Phone orders for the ftc dunk .. via sneakersteal .. .available for phone order now $98.00FTC SKATE SHOP, 707-803-4824

Glad y'all are exposing BP for the naked emperor they are. I'm not feeling the design anyway, with or without their branding.

Side panels not being red has always been my gripe since I initially saw the WOFs. So close Nike, so close....

now I'm kinda confused -- which version is releasing and which is the QS?

Hoping the GR/one that's dropping is the one w Nike SB on the tongue, not the one w the ugly BP logo.
Someone please clarify cause I've had my eye on these for a while

now I'm kinda confused -- which version is releasing and which is the QS?

Hoping the GR/one that's dropping is the one w Nike SB on the tongue, not the one w the ugly BP logo.
Someone please clarify cause I've had my eye on these for a while
The iso's are getting the BP heel branding and wont come out at other shops. The qs, releasing at shops that carry qs's are getting nike branding.

Brooklyn projects' twitter reads like a 20 year old trying to give life lessons to kids. Complete bull-****!

Last edited:
Question #1: If Kanye West ever collabs with Nike SB, would you be interested to see the result? Would you make a valiant effort to cop?

I would neither boycott the release nor chase it disproportionately because of its affiliation with him. If it's a nice design with quality materials, then I'm interested. If it's not, I'm not. There are artists with whom a collaboration would make me want to have that pair as an extension of my relationship with that artist, but Kanye is not one of them. ...Make a Kool G Rap SB or something, then I might have to cop regardless.

Question #2: If you were put in charge of Nike SB for a week what changes you would make to the business, if any, and why?

I don't know. I haven't given this much thought and I'd only want to propose ideas that are actually somewhat viable. I think a lot of people would a more blown-out Nike SB web platform, and online releases to coincide with in-store releases. But, I don't really want to be in charge of the business because then I have to think about doing what serves the business's needs first, and often times that is what is at odds with what best serves the consumer.

Question #3: What is the best marketing plan/build up you've EVER seen put behind a shoe? What about the marketing package got you to pay attention to it? What brand was it? Did the shoe live up to the hype?

I think there almost needs to be two categories here, one for professional marketing campaigns and one for grass roots marketing. In terms of creativity and execution, the Orchard Street Dunks idea was amazing. And, of course the shoes don't live up to the hype - they're crappy customs. But, that's not what makes them awesome - it's being part of that story that's so dope. So, on the grass roots level, that would probably get my vote. On the produced side, I think the Bo Knows campaign narrowly edges out the I'm not a Role Model campaign. "Bo Knows" is to this day, as iconic and advertising phrase as "Where's the Beef," "Time to Make the Donuts," or anything. The concepts were innovative. The ads were innovative and well produced. It pulled in the celebrity cameos. And, all along the underlying truth was present in one of the most awe-inspiring and compelling athletes of a generation. And, yes, the shoes lived up to the hype. I had the OGs when I was a kid and they were marvelous.

Question #4: If you could create a dunk (3 at the most) for a historical figure who would it be and why? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided below.

FORMAT:

1.) Name of historical figure and dunk high or dunk low?

2.) Nickname of dunk?

3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop.)

4.) Explain the story behind the Dunk SB.

5.) How would it be released?

Wow. I'm not sure. It would have to be a historical figure for whom it would make sense to immortalize with a shoe, and a skate shoe to boot.My first thought is to go with something more literal, like a physicist, but that led my mind to wander because I didn't want to pick the most obvious, like Newton or Einstein. Physics touches on astronomy, which led me to think about a pretty important dude with a ready made message and design branded into some of his most famous works - Carl Sagan. Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot" has some incredibly moving prose about the need to preserve and cherish Earth and a common interest among all of humanity. That's a pretty good message generally, plus it seems the SB Dunk has a tendency to unite a wide group of sneaker folks. So, why not...

1. Carl Sagan Low
2. The Pale Blue Dot
3. All black, plush suede upper, white midsole, black sole. Black laces, alternate laces are white. Insole is black with the following quote printed in white - For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. Along the heel area of the upper, you will see an imposition of the "pale blue dot" picture, with very faint color.

4. The "Pale Blue Dot" is a photo taken from Voyager 1 nearly 4 billion miles away, in which Earth appears as nothing but a barely perceptible pixel. Sagan wrote a book called "Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space"
5 Release Date: November 9th, Sagan's b-day.

...Ask me again tomorrow and I'll make up something totally different. These make your own idea things are fun, but I don't take them all that seriously. I just go with the first idea to pop into my head.

Back
Top Bottom