2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

(Please watch the video)

I'm not a Bulls fan at all but seeing D. Rose be that touched by getting his own sneaker is so dope! Now with all that said I ask you:

Question #1: What sneaker in your collection holds the greatest sentimental value to you and why?

Question #2: What is the one thing that you feel like your local skate shop is missing?

Question #3: What is the GREATEST STEAL/DEAL you've ever been able to get on a sneaker? Where'd it happen?

Question #4: Are sneaker events any good anymore in your opinion?

(Please watch the video)

I'm not a Bulls fan at all but seeing D. Rose be that touched by getting his own sneaker is so dope! Now with all that said I ask you:

Question #1: What sneaker in your collection holds the greatest sentimental value to you and why?

Question #2: What is the one thing that you feel like your local skate shop is missing?

Question #3: What is the GREATEST STEAL/DEAL you've ever been able to get on a sneaker? Where'd it happen?

1-Don't have a specific sneaker, but I'll say the Jordan 3s-6s because they remind me of my childhood a lot.

2-They don't ship/have an online store...and the owner seems to have no desire to have one.  I guess he thinks it's too much of a hassle.

3-#humblebragquestion  My last purchase, the Auburn Bos for $29.20 shipped from the Riverhead outlet.  What makes it even greater for me is that I previously placed orders online TWICE for close to retail and both times I didn't receive them.  Honorable mention: Purchased the Banned 1s for retail ($125) from NDC by calling them the night they dropped in an outlet in Oregon.  WHY did I only get one pair.... 

4-Never went to a sneaker event, probably never will...

Last edited:
I just can't help myself, My biggest steals/deals are...

ALL DS
Eminem 2 for retail plus shipping $115
DMP 7 pack $129 plus shipping
Jordan 1 phat low bred 7 dollars :pimp:
Cdp carmines $59
2010 Eggplant foamposite $49
2010 Air max 90 infrared $49

Oh, and to not derail the thread... :nerd:

Nike SB hyperstrike blue levis $59

:smokin

I just can't help myself, My biggest steals/deals are...

ALL DS
Eminem 2 for retail plus shipping $115
DMP 7 pack $129 plus shipping
Jordan 1 phat low bred 7 dollars :pimp:
Cdp carmines $59
2010 Eggplant foamposite $49
2010 Air max 90 infrared $49

Oh, and to not derail the thread... :nerd:

Nike SB hyperstrike blue levis $59

:smokin
Yo... I'm mad jealous right now. Repped.

Well black thought im glad you asked...

2) Having staff that actually know wtf they're talking about/ less cocky staff... i remember when i used to skate walking into a skate shop had a totally different vibe than it does now. 

3) Kobe grinches for $100 (employee store)

2001 royal blue jordan 1's for $80

2001 columbia 11's $120 

#1 most sentimental are space jams. I missed them when they originally dropped back in 2000? and really wanted them so my wife put in work doing her homework of all the spots carrying them.

#2 customer service. They are always outside sitting around goofing off and drinking. Then if you want something they are all long faced about it. Im clean them out one day.

#3 maroon vi 19.99 at sports authority. Played tennis in them for a few weeks and they got trashed in a month.

#4 never attended one. Dont plan to either. The sneaker community is too selfish. I like working on cars and the car community is really big on helping one another these sneaker events id imagine are full of resellers.

1. Probably my aqua fuel mids, just because they were my first SB before I really started getting into this addiction.

3. Both on eBay:
VERY good condition BTTYS Kentucky's for around $65 shipped
Great condition Shanghai 2s for around $60 shipped (although they came with no insoles, cut straps, and no box, condition of the actual shoe was still good)

4. Honestly I've never attended one because I've always had the impression that it was full of cats trying to sell for FC prices and/or uncontrollably flex their "limited" kicks. I could be wrong, that's just what I've decided from seeing pics/vids

Last edited:
Repped Carolina. Derby's are an awesome shoe
Good for you. Repped.
Nice.  These were the kicks that got me into SBs.
Go DUKE tho...lol
Repped! LMAO!
Thanks everyone, appreciate it. 

HALF Thank you to muzikfrk75 since he's a dook fan. (just kidding bro. In your shoes, I'da done the same thing to you on the spoiler!)

My answers:

1. I probably have 3 shoes that qualify here in a 3-way-tie  (assuming I have to still have the shoe for it to count. So many middle school shoes would have qualified, haha). One is the Air Agress Force 1999 (David Robinson used to wear them). First year of high school I was last one cut from the team so a football player could play. This was after the first practice too. Did me dirty. Busted my *** the next year and made the squad in those shoes. Tons of hooping memories in those. They are tore up, but will never get thrown away.

Second pair would actually be the SB Nori Mids. First pair of shoes that my girl ever bought me herself. Flipped it on her over a year later when I proposed and used that box as the ring box. Corny, I know. But being though she always supported my "habit," not knowing much about shoes herself, she picked those out for me totally on her own without any guidance, so I'll always dig those.

Third pair would be my Jordan XIII in White/Grey/University Blue. Did some serious hooping in those as well. Plus 13s are my favorite Jordan, and when they retroed these I was in school at UNC and Raymond Felton used to rock em. Had his uni on smash with those.

Sorry, I know I cheated on that question.

2. Fortunately, both of my locals are pretty straight. My only gripe is despite introducing myself a few times, they rarely remember me. I think it's because I don't really skate, so I can't blame them but so much. But I know when they pull me up in the system they see I drop serious loot there, so I would hope I make a better impression than the 13 year olds who hang out there all day without spending any money.

3. SB Poisons for $35 off a buddy.  SB Angel & Demons for $40 from an outlet. Jordan 1 Low Phat (Sonics Championship) for $15 from outlet. <---- not nearly as impressive as a lot of y'alls. I know Osyrhiz going to kill us here with his outlet.

4. Never been, probably don't intend to. If I did, it would only to be on a hunt for a few pairs I really want. I could care less about "wearing heat" there or carrying around boxes to sell, or haggling with 15 year olds. I find it really interesting that most of us in here have said this. I think that answers the state of sneaker events today probably right there.

1. I have a couple of shoes in my collection that mean a lot to me. It probably starts with the Easter 06 AF1, I graduated high school that year and was always a huge AF1 head. It was definitely worn many many times but I just can't seem to throw them out even tho I'm not really into Forces as much now. Some of the other's I will probably never part with are Mar's 4s I graduated college in 2010 and met spike lee in the air port that same weekend. He actually signed the shoe for me and it was probably one of my coolest experiences ever.

2. I live in Ohio so my local skateshop is actually Martini. I love the shop to be honest and wouldn't change much if anything. I love the way they conduct their business and they do a great job of looking out for their customers. My old local shop Phase 2 Skateboard Shop in Milwaukee was okay at best but I would say I prefer dealing with Martini because I feel like they conduct their business in a more professional manner.

3. I worked at Footaction/ Footlocker for nearly 2 years September 2009- April 2011. During that time the company was having a bit of a downturn and we were having Employee Appreciations nearly once a month. Even before I worked there I was getting my shoes at a discounted rate because my homeboy worked at FA. Here's a couple of shoes I remember buying while working there (I will only list shoes I bought on the 50 because otherwise the list is OD)

1. Flu Game 12- 80 bucks (2 weeks after release)
2. Nubuck 12s- 45 (6 months after release)
3. Shadow 1's (which rotted on shelves) 60 (2 weeks after release, then 40 several months down the line when I bought a back up pair
4. White and Red 12s- 2 months after release for 80
5. Silver Anniversary Jordan 1, half of whatever retail was
6. Eggplant foamposite 100 (actually traded these for a pair of DS Marge SB highs to a NT)
7. Freshwater Griffey- 80
8. Air Max 90 infrared- 50x2 ( I love this shoe)
9. Black and varsity red Jordan VI -75 1 month after release (wish I would've bought more)
10. white and varsity red jordan VI- 50, several months after release
11. Jordan 1 Pack Chicago and Boston- 75 (a couple months after release)
12. Jordan 60+ pack 7s- 100 (long after release)

I know I got a lot more but I can't remember everything lets just say I was eating great back then

4. I can honestly say I have never been to a single sneaker event ever. I've been collecting sneaks for roughly ten years and its just not my scene. Only a couple of my friends are actually sneakerheads I prefer not to talk about kicks too much but I genuinely have enjoyed the hobby in the past. As many have said my time has come and gone. I find myself less and less interested in Sneaks but SBs keep me going just because its something different.

Last edited:
*** Aqua 8's... Saw my sisters boyfriend rocking a pair of Grape V's when I was 2nd grade... From that moment, I knew I needed me some Jordans... Took me 2 years to save up enough money to finally cop some Sky Jordan Aqua 8's in the 4th Grade..... I will never forget that day...  
*** 1. DS OG Air Jordan 1 Royal for $100 off Craigslist

2. DS Espo's for $130 from a friend

3. NDS Red Supreme Highs for $170 from Stash (Yes, that Stash)

4. NDS Forbes for $30 from Buffalo Exchange

5. DS Sea Crystals, Homers, & Jedi's for $39.99 from Leesburg Outlet

Got my hands on both the Concord 11 and Bred 11 at the Nike Outlet in Elizabeth NJ back in the early 2000's when they first retroed (whatever year it was - I'm not a Jordan encyclopedia). Paid about $90 per shoe if I remember correctly.  

When I see that chair GIF in the recent pictures section, I know John is involved and hes normally dropping some knowledge lol

Last edited:

Some of my fondest memories are of my carefree teenage years in the early to mid-90s. Shoes from that era constitute a bunch of my collection. I love when I find an obscure AF1 I actually owned back then - like nubuck black, silver '95 highs. So, there are a couple of randoms that are up there like that. '96 ivory snakes have some meaning for me, as do OG Columbia 11s. Three shoes I don't own that would be major sentimental faves would be original white, royal Flight 90s, 1993 Air Trainer Max white, grey, pruple, and air Darwin highs the OG white, black, and teal-ish CW.

I'm in the Q.U. The spots in the city are uppity and not personal enough. I'm head nod cool with a lot of dudes who are like VIP status at some of those spots and could probably shoehorn myself into the pseudo-celeb downtown cool guy club if I wanted to, but it never really seemed worth it to me.

Many of the spots in the outer boroughs are often kind of bare and overrpiced.

First gen retro 3s for 39.99 in 1994. Face box Fire Red Vs, Black Metallic Vs, Infrared VIs for like 59.99 after release. But, in actuality, those are only major steals in retrospect - at the time it was just like getting a shoe for half price or on clearance. Any shoe that is worth a ton seems like a steal if you got it for retail, but I'm thinking more along the lines of price vs. value AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.

I've had some pretty good luck there, but my best might have been a bulk buy of AM1 Viotechs, AM1 Safari, and AM Burst Storms for a combined $350 or so. That was about 2 years ago.

Everybody hates on these young kids at these events, but I think in a lot of ways those kids are less deserving of the hate than the middle generation cats. If you're like 15 and hustling kicks and stuff - you are learning real business skills and doing what is best available to you get some cash of your own -- it beats working at Burger King. If you're 21 and still like gassed over being sneaker cool, that's when it starts to get sad. So, while it's not my scene, I just chalk it up as "not my scene" and move on. There are lots of things that aren't my scene, ya know. Serious question - can you sell stuff there for wild prices? ...Because, if so, I may have to get a table, bump stuff off and then just replace it for half the price over the next few months.

Last edited:
Everybody hates on these young kids at these events, but I think in a lot of ways those kids are less deserving of the hate than the middle generation cats. If you're like 15 and hustling kicks and stuff - you are learning real business skills and doing what is best available to you get some cash of your own -- it beats working at Burger King.
QFT. It's no different than those of us who used to hustle candy in grade school, just on a slightly larger scale. I can't hate on someone who's trying to figure out the system and work it in their favor.

Supposedly unite footwear posted a pic on their instagram of the spring 14 nike sb line up but now the pic is deleted. Did anyone see it by any chance?

OG Jordan XIII Black/Red, got them as a graduation present back in '98 from my now deceased father. They are beat to hell, but I can't throw them away.

Maybe have a girl or two on staff? Not really close with my local, unfortunately

Getting a pair of Penny II for $50 out of a local footlocker, they were a full size too big, but I was determine to make it work. SMH when I look back, but they're probably my all time favorite shoe beside some Jordans.

I've been to several,but it has changed over the years though. I've never bought anything but I've made some money here and there met some cool down to earth people. Now mostly I go for the people watching (if I can get in for free), but it's gotten too big and they don't even serve alcohol anymore.

What do you guys think a good deal is on a pair of Nontourages? Saw some for $200 on fleebay. I'm looking for a size 12 or 13. 
If i lived in Grand Rapids I would take part in this.

tie: the old white/cement 3 cause that was the shoe I rocked the summer I turned 21 and was bar hoping/clubbing 4 nights a week with my friends. It was the best summer of my life. Partied all night, and my uncle let me work at his t-shirt design/print shop during the day and paid me cash. my other shoe would be the yeezy 2 just because I am a huge Kanye fan from waaaay back. went to tons of shows before he got popular, and I was super stoked that my slow computer and internet actually got me a pair even though I am all the way in Hawaii, and was cruising on beers while watching the NBA game and Pacquiao fight lol

A memorabilia section of old vintage stuff. I am lucky enough to have a 'man cave' in my house loaded with autographed and game used stuff. I have an original Hosoi board from the 80s and the signed Lupe FIasco board from a while back. I wish my local shop had the first ES kostons and muskas with the stash pocket up for display. (my pops threw away all my old pairs when I went to college cause they stank and had shoe goo all over them... wish that never happened SMH)

first year in college, went to a thrift shop and found black/red OG XI's for $8. still wearable. also, the trades I was able to get for the yeezy ones when they first dropped were pretty remarkable looking at how much they are worth now.

Hell no. I took my wife to one and felt embarrassed that I had the same hobby as some of those kids and losers there. This thing called 'shoes' has become a fad for kids. As a teacher I see it in the students, but IMO it won't last, so we just have to ride it out 8)

Back
Top Bottom