2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Low pro B kinda day

Wow I forgot all about these

This post might seem kind of dumb or obvious to others but I had always seen pics of shoes on IG or shoe blogs and wondered how the laces laid so flat. My laces were always twisted and it took me a long time to figure out I was doing a granny knot and not a square/reef knot. It also keeps you shoes from coming undone because it tightens as it gets pulled. Thought I would share in case it helped anyone. 

http://lifehacker.com/5451765/ditch-the-granny-knot-to-tie-your-shoes-more-efficiently
Hah - I can relate, I was randomly tying them both ways up to a few years ago.  Drove me crazy because I avoided round laces because they kept coming undone - but it was completely my fault.  You're not the only one - my buddy is a photographer and regularly has to teach his models how to tie their shoelaces.

There's actual a TED Talk about tying your shoelaces -- one of the few actually helpful ones:

Last edited:
I kid you not, I just discovered this maybe a year ago (I'm 24). Always pissed me off how my laces would go "vertical" on me. Looked really bad on this particular pair of Project BAs, so I just googled something like "how to make your laces lay flat" or something

laugh.gif

Hadn't felt that dumb in a minute.
Lol me too man, I should have looked that up years ago. 

Last edited:

Hah - I can relate, I was randomly tying them both ways up to a few years ago.  Drove me crazy because I avoided round laces because they kept coming undone - but it was completely my fault.  You're not the only one - my buddy is a photographer and regularly has to teach his models how to tie their shoelaces.

There's actual a TED Talk about tying your shoelaces -- one of the few actually helpful ones:

Nice! Definitely helpful. 

Last edited:

I'm OCD that my kicks are laced like this... start with the outside, pull under inside, continue till laced

I definitely notice a difference if I start with the inside lace instead of the outside lace

Last edited:
All this proper lacing talk is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I will watch the vid later. I never knew there was a REASON for my shoes coming undone.

On another note. I have a Dunk and other shoes I want to sell, but i'm kind of over eBay and their fees. I'm not really into the super high prices for selling things but you kind of have to price everything high on eBay to make up for the $ they'll take.

How do yall get the buy/sell stuff in your sigs (yes I'm looking into posting on NT)? 

Last edited:
A friend of mine knows a shop that has a 13 in the BTTF but I'm a 12. I wonder if I can get away with it?

Back
Top Bottom