2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Darn, my basketball shoe fell apart last weekend... I need a quick replacement. Can you recommend a pair of mid/high top basketball sneakers? 
Nike Hyperdunk 2014 is a solid shoe without an astronomical price point. If you are into lowtops last years KD's are good and can be found for the low. Also I hear good things about the current LeBron B-Team shoes: Zoom Solider VIII. Schools (high school and college) are wearing them alot.

If money ain't a thang Kobe Xs are money.

Last edited:

Nike Hyperdunk 2014 is a solid shoe without an astronomical price point. If you are into lowtops last years KD's are good and can be found for the low. Also I hear good things about the current LeBron B-Team shoes: Zoom Solider VIII. Schools (high school and college) are wearing them alot.

If money ain't a thang Kobe Xs are money.
I tried on the KD VII, they felt great... I almost bought them for $65 but I didn't b/c I dont wear low tops for basketball.

I'll keep my eye out for those hyper dunks. 

Yo, whose got some bazooka Joes and is 55 fair for vnds. Gonna see pics tomorrow for the signs of wear but it doesn't look like a bad deal compared to other price points. Only thing is don't know if ill wear them enough.

Sounds fair depending on how big that V in vnds is...
I really like my pair, average materials but they are subtle with a little pop in the coloring
Mine get worn on the regular

I tried on the KD VII, they felt great... I almost bought them for $65 but I didn't b/c I dont wear low tops for basketball.
I'll keep my eye out for those hyper dunks. 

Lebron 12s are an amazing high top basketball shoe if you need support. They're around $100 on sites like 23penny and ruvilla. Highly recommend them (plus they're built like tanks, in terms of durability).

Last edited:
Someone should really get me disposables for the cheap and then work out the shippin details with me lmfao [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Today's wear.
Autumn is my favorite season :smokin

Nice wear with the hunters :smokin

But do people really wear their pants out in public like that? I've always thought it was more for the pictures, to showcase the shoe, but I'm not so sure...

Coming from someone who's played games in dunks and Jordan 1s, you'll instantly regret your decision if you play seriously in them
I've played basketball in dunk highs..

Lace em all the way up and actually tie them, you're good to go

Might not be the best for long term professional grade ballin, but he did want a quick fix

Last edited:
Coming from someone who's played games in dunks and Jordan 1s, you'll instantly regret your decision if you play seriously in them

I've played basketball in dunk highs..

Lace em all the way up and actually tie them, you're good to go

Might not be the best for long term professional grade ballin, but he did want a quick fix

I dunno just not enough cushioning for me. Plus it was just harder to do some footwork stuff with the way the soles are.

Overall shoes won't make or break your game but I find they can really help with recovery and durability of knees and ankles

EDIT: I'm also 6'7" and 250 lb so I might be having a higher impact on my lower body than most

Last edited:

Not really, its just that it's 1985 tech, which doesn't hold a candle to now.
Nah... im talking about the construction

the tech is obviously dated, but it's pretty similar to the dunk tech which is constructed much better nowadays.

a GR sb dunk is on average better build quality than even the remastered 1s.

Jordan Brand is running the business model into the ground because sheeple will still buy

Not really, its just that it's 1985 tech, which doesn't hold a candle to now.

Nah... im talking about the construction

the tech is obviously dated, but it's pretty similar to the dunk tech which is constructed much better nowadays.

a GR sb dunk is on average better build quality than even the remastered 1s.

Jordan Brand is running the business model into the ground because sheeple will still buy

I gotta disagree on that. SBs do have slightly updated tech but the quality on the newer Jordan 1s is far better than the recent GRs and QSs

Possibly... I haven't worn a remastered 1, but they looked pretty similar in hand to the 2013 OGs

The newly "remastered" 1s are much better than the 2013s imo.. Pick up a pair of lasers for cheap if you can, they are fantastic :smokin

Possibly... I haven't worn a remastered 1, but they looked pretty similar in hand to the 2013 OGs

The newly "remastered" 1s are much better than the 2013s imo.. Pick up a pair of lasers for cheap if you can, they are fantastic :smokin

I concur...

But to relate this all back into SBs. The newer constructed ones definitely are better than the current run of SBs:

Better leather
More form fitting
Overall construction and mold is superior

Still wouldn't choose to play basketball in any of them tho

Back
Top Bottom