2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Has anyone here ever ordered any Ice Box's, from laced-up?  Just wondering if you are happy with the purchase and if anyone has found any suitable alternative options.  They are a bit pricey, but I pre-ordered 6 large boxes about 2 months ago, hoping that they ship in August.  I'm trying to organize/display my kicks better and I hate just having stacks of boxes.  I know some take pictures and place them on the outside of the box, but I'm not really feelin that either.  Also, I know some use plastic bins, but that's not gonna give the clean look I want.  Just wanted to get some opinions from you guys on how you display your 'grails'.  I'm actually really surprised I can't find more 'pro' displays around the net.  I've seen others use a regular glass display cases that look pretty good but doesn't optimize/maximize space.

As a side note; I know some of you with massive collections don't have any other choice but to stack boxes and that's understandable, but do you keep a separate section for your favorite's/grails?  

Just seems crazy to have such nice kicks and keep em locked away in the box, I wanna hang em on the wall like pieces of art! (And now that I'm typing this I do remember seeing something like a box with a frame to hang on the wall.....and here it is.....) ( I do like how an Ice Box would keep out the dust, don't think the pic below has glass in front)

sneaker-display.jpg

Thanks in advance to all who reply.....

If you're going to do the container storage route you gotta get the large drop fronts from the container store. It's the only way to do it if you're gonna IMO, they're a hell of a lot cheaper than ice boxes and just about as nice. They go on sale all the time too which actually makes them practical for storing a collection bigger than 10 pairs. Ice boxes are nice and all, just not really worth the price at all.

As far as hanging kicks on your wall like art, that's gotta be some of the corniest **** I've ever seen. Lets put it this way, no one is gonna think its baller that you have shoes in a frame like a ****** Picasso, people are just gonna think you're weird as hell. Save the wall space for the ACTUAL art. People really need to get over this **** sometimes man, they're just god damn shoes after all.

If you're going to do the container storage route you gotta get the large drop fronts from the container store. It's the only way to do it if you're gonna IMO, they're a hell of a lot cheaper than ice boxes and just about as nice. They go on sale all the time too which actually makes them practical for storing a collection bigger than 10 pairs. Ice boxes are nice and all, just not really worth the price at all.

As far as hanging kicks on your wall like art, that's gotta be some of the corniest **** I've ever seen. Lets put it this way, no one is gonna think its baller that you have shoes in a frame like a ****** Picasso, people are just gonna think you're weird as hell. Save the wall space for the ACTUAL art. People really need to get over this **** sometimes man, they're just god damn shoes after all.
IMHO those ice boxes are way too expensive for what they are, plastic shoeboxes. As far as hanging shoes on your walls, or really anywhere outside of private view in ones home, it's a no... If I walked into anyone's house and saw that kind of "art" I'd say it looks tacky/classless. Keep your clothes/shoes in a closet. I'd rather see cheap 1 dollar posters of actual art, or their children's finger paintings than that idiotic ****.

Last edited:
Personal outlet pick-ups from Friday / Saturday....

Chocolate Un-Stussy: $39 -30% F&F Discount = $28 + Tax

Un-Ryu: $44.99 - 30% F&F Discount = $31.50 + Tax

Venom High: $39.99 - 30% F&F Discount = $28 + Tax

The homies had to eat too... Picked up 6 pairs on Saturday and shipped them out and scooped these 3 yesterday.

All at discounted retail + tax.
man everytime i hit the outlet im like "i hope i find some **** like osyrhiz does", crazy pickups man. i never have any luck w SB's at my local, especially nothing in that price range (the occasional $60 Koston 1s is as good as it gets)

IMHO those ice boxes are way too expensive for what they are, plastic shoeboxes. As far as hanging shoes on your walls, or really anywhere outside of private view in ones home, it's a no... If I walked into anyone's house and saw that kind of "art" I'd say it looks tacky/classless. Keep your clothes/shoes in a closet. I'd rather see cheap 1 dollar posters of actual art, or their children's finger paintings than that idiotic ****.
Damn, guys got heated quick. Allow me to clarify so I'm not misunderstood.

1. I do not think the picture I posted looks good, just remembered seeing it and could imagine it done better(I imagine a recessed 'shelf' rather than the protruding frame).  Also, not a fan of the Yeezys either.  (When I said hang them on the wall like art I was slightly exaggerating, just want to display them...)

2. I agree the Ice Box is too expensive for what it is, BUT I have yet to find something similar.  I'm not sure what you mean by 'large drop fronts', but if they are not clear acrylic then it's not what I'm talking about.  If it is, please elaborate, I'd love to learn more.

3. To say 'People need to get over this s***. They are just god damn sneakers after all' ON A SNEAKER FORUM. I can't be the only one who thinks this is a little crazy.  I simply want to display the shoes I like the most(The materials on SB's are practically meant to display IMO). I still wear the shoes I buy, but like many others here, if I really dig something I double up.  I want to properly display my backup until I break it out.  I really don't think it's that crazy. Honestly, I think it is much crazier to have so many that you have no choice but to keep them stacked in boxes, but that's just me.

Appreciate the feedback, hopefully with this clarification I'll get some more positive feedback from others who feel like I do.

I heard retail on those Project BAs is $120?! That's insane. I saw $95 for the black/white though, so maybe $120 just premium? Either way...

Those Koston hybrids look nice Tootsie, what's the story on those for release?

Last edited:
Damn, guys got heated quick. Allow me to clarify so I'm not misunderstood.

1. I do not think the picture I posted looks good, just remembered seeing it and could imagine it done better(I imagine a recessed 'shelf' rather than the protruding frame).  Also, not a fan of the Yeezys either.  (When I said hang them on the wall like art I was slightly exaggerating, just want to display them...)

2. I agree the Ice Box is too expensive for what it is, BUT I have yet to find something similar.  I'm not sure what you mean by 'large drop fronts', but if they are not clear acrylic then it's not what I'm talking about.  If it is, please elaborate, I'd love to learn more.

3. To say 'People need to get over this s***. They are just god damn sneakers after all' ON A SNEAKER FORUM. I can't be the only one who thinks this is a little crazy.  I simply want to display the shoes I like the most(The materials on SB's are practically meant to display IMO). I still wear the shoes I buy, but like many others here, if I really dig something I double up.  I want to properly display my backup until I break it out.  I really don't think it's that crazy. Honestly, I think it is much crazier to have so many that you have no choice but to keep them stacked in boxes, but that's just me.

Appreciate the feedback, hopefully with this clarification I'll get some more positive feedback from others who feel like I do.
I'll clarify too, I'm not heated at all man:smile: sorry if it came out as such. I just feel like the idea of displaying shoes around my home so my house guests can see is silly. That's why I keep all of mine in closets, granted its organized and easy to see just not in public view.

As for the mention of the drop front shoe boxes, the container store has clear plastic and acrylic versions that instead of it snapping shut like a Tupperware around the top they have a hinged door on the front of the box that you can pull down to access the inside. Makes it easier for people with many pairs since the boxes are stackable, yet you don't need to remove anything above the pair you want to get to.

Similar to this box:
http://m.containerstore.com/mt/www....et/shoeStorage/shelf?productId=10024249&N=154

Hope that clarifies/helps bro.

Last edited:
Yeah dude I'm not heated at all, I just personally think that displaying shoes like they are some sort of trophy/art is a bit much.

These are the boxes I was talking about, the ones on the right. They retail for only 9.99 and often are on sale, sometimes even up to 40-50% off. Basically every dude I know that does the container storage uses these over ice boxes, they're high quality, easy to stack, and a fraction of the price.

What I mean by people need to chill out is it seems like some people today forget exactly what shoes are, scraps of plastic, leather, and rubber meant to go on your feet. Albeit nice looking ones. Nowadays some people treat them like they are some sort of gift from god or a symbol of self worth. Thanks to **** like Instagram a lot of people seem to think that the shoes make the man or something, when in reality they don't at all. Just because this is a sneaker forum doesn't mean that everyone on here is some sort of fanatic that eats/sleeps/breathes shoes. I think I speak for most of us when I say that we're just normal dudes that like to wear/collect dope looking shoes. Most come here to help/share our experience with other like minded people, not obsess with shoes like they're a religion. That's all.

Last edited:
Yea that's awesome thanks man. I can definitely use those for the more regular wear pairs but TBH I'm still lovin the look of the Ice Box for a more permanent display. And for further clarification, I want to display the shoes for ME, not randoms who come to my house.  All of us here spend some good money on shoes(except Osyrhiz with his recent pick-ups haha) and I've bought pairs just to display(double-ups).  Planning out a display for what I'm dubbing the smokers pack.  Got the Cheech & Chongs, Skunks, and Cigars(could be expanded to the party pack with all the booze themed kicks).  Any recommendations, or pairs I left out, to add to the smokers pack?  I'll be sure to post pics when it's all finished.

Not into custom shoes, but damn, I would love to drop stupid money on these.  Too bad I don't have stupid money 
mean.gif

Send Help 2

^Really looking forward to this one!^

On the topic of storage. I had a lot of my favorites in the clear plastic container store bins. Then I noticed the fading... All my pairs went back in there original boxes ASAP.

After thinking about it, I'm not sure how much the containers let the shoe breathe either. So between the fact that the containers allow in light that could possibly fade the shoe, and that they could (not saying they did, but could) dry out the shoe, I now just store them in there box. A lot of people say "get over it, it's just a shoe...". That's true, but if I got money in it, I want to protect my investment, whatever it is.

If anyone want to buy them, I think I have about 30 of the large container store bins. Not the drop fronts, just the regular men's shoe bins. I'll give you a smoking deal on them, but I'm sure shipping costs would be up there...

What I mean by people need to chill out is it seems like some people today forget exactly what shoes are, scraps of plastic, leather, and rubber meant to go on your feet. Albeit nice looking ones.
That's the point though, if you just needed something to wear on your feet, none of us would buy the kicks we do.  I feel like some of the materials on SB's are above and beyond what one would need for just a pair of shoes.  The suede on the skunks isn't practical as a real 'shoe' material, it's meant to portray the inspiration.  I would never wear those as 'regular everyday' shoes, I take care of them, as I'm sure most of the people on here do with the kicks they love.  If you have the ability or the attitude towards shoes to just wear a collectors pair like its nothin, just a shoe, than I would guess you are the minority here, not the majority.  But that's just my guess. I respect all opinions and TBH would love to be able to more easily adopt that mindset....I just love some of my kicks too much I guess....

Planning out a display for what I'm dubbing the smokers pack.  Got the Cheech & Chongs, Skunks, and Cigars(could be expanded to the party pack with all the booze themed kicks).  Any recommendations, or pairs I left out, to add to the smokers pack?  I'll be sure to post pics when it's all finished.
Green hemps, bonsai janoskis maybe

you display your shoes when..... you actually wear them
eyes.gif
Agreed, which I do. But I have also doubled-up on a few that I love. I don't think its that uncommon, especially on a sneaker forum.  Just don't want the backups sitting in a box on a pile, I'd rather have em out to look at. Didn't realize I'd be alone on this..

Green hemps, bonsai janoskis maybe
Yes forgot to list the hemps, I have thought about those.  They fit the theme but I don't have an overwhelming desire to buy em. If I did you know it'd have to be the green
pimp.gif
 As for the janoskis, I'm only into dunks but I appreciate the feedback..

On the topic of storage. I had a lot of my favorites in the clear plastic container store bins. Then I noticed the fading... All my pairs went back in there original boxes ASAP.

After thinking about it, I'm not sure how much the containers let the shoe breathe either. So between the fact that the containers allow in light that could possibly fade the shoe, and that they could (not saying they did, but could) dry out the shoe, I now just store them in there box. A lot of people say "get over it, it's just a shoe...". That's true, but if I got money in it, I want to protect my investment, whatever it is.

If anyone want to buy them, I think I have about 30 of the large container store bins. Not the drop fronts, just the regular men's shoe bins. I'll give you a smoking deal on them, but I'm sure shipping costs would be up there...
Thanks for the feedback man.  I have thought extensively about all the issues that come with clear storage.  Do you remember if the clear plastic bins were in direct sunlight? If so this was def your issue.  I've got a wall that gets no direct sunlight all year long that I'm planning on using. As for the moisture, it would be more dependent on your overall room.  The regular plastic bins, as well as the Ice Box, are not air tight, so it wouldn't be much different than the original shoe box.  Long term storage requires some sort of anti-moisture aid in any situation, from what I've read....

Aren't those boxes too small for high tops?  Dunk Lows should fit fine though.
11" x 14" x 7" h is the specs they give on the website for the mens box. Not sure how thick the plastic is, as I am assuming these are the outside measurements of the box, but size 12 dunk highs are about 6.5" tall standing up so they would fit. And the standard nike sb box is 9" x 14", that's for my size 12.  Not sure about larger sizes though...

Back
Top Bottom