2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

The risk of them falling apart if they are DS

I want barfs..but for that reason not getting them
All are made with a rubber sole. Only issue is the glue drying off and disconnecting from the shoe. Simple fix with rubber cement.

I have/had plenty of silver box SBs that wear perfectly fine today.

Ive been looking at a lot of older DS stuff lately, is it really that likely they'll fall apart? I mean I know it's a risk, but I thought dunks were a little less prone. I don't have anything that old besides my Irons. Should I be worried about wearing those? Ive worn DS pink box stuff with no problems.
You'll be fine, bro. I still wear my Takashi's and Supreme lows from '02 and haven't had any issues.

I'm so happy I got both sizes to try. These run so small. I couldn't even get my foot into the 12 and that's my true size. Quality is banging and comfort is very good. I lived in Ithaca for 4 years and absolutely had to have them.

The risk of them falling apart if they are DS

I want barfs..but for that reason not getting them

Ive been looking at a lot of older DS stuff lately, is it really that likely they'll fall apart? I mean I know it's a risk, but I thought dunks were a little less prone. I don't have anything that old besides my Irons. Should I be worried about wearing those? Ive worn DS pink box stuff with no problems.

They won't fall apart.

I have dunks from 1999 that still wear easy and Jordan 1s from 1994 that wear fun as well.

The rubber midsole is stitched on so they won't fall apart

Dunks are very similar to Jordan 1s, because of the rubber midsole/outsole they won't crumble like airmax's and some Jordans that use polyurethane/EVA and similar foam materials like that and plus they are also stitched to the shoe like mentioned above. That's why you see people who have OG 1s from 84 that they can still wear today.
Biggest problems with old DS dunks would be paint possibly chipping and cracking. 02 supas are a perfect example.

Still shocked they haven't replaced EVA midsoles with foamposite material. Would be so much better. Slightly heavier but at least they'd hold up.

I still haven't made it over to the two shops that have them.... so far out of my way

The red IWs are fire

OG SBs are damn near indestructible.  I have a pair of Gino IIs that I bought in 2002 and they're still in one piece.  I beat the hell out of them too.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom