2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Did you even read the question he asked?  We're not talking about sample sneakers as a whole, we're talking about samples for the Freddys! I  have never personally seen a sample of the Freddy that was authentic and above a sample size. Before you make comments understand the context of the answer.
i did read it and freddys had a big amount produced before being scrapped where some samples are simply that a select few pairs made just for preview that never release and have seen sample freddys in different sizes, i know authentic shoes and what to look for

http://market.n-sb.org/nike-dunk-sb...-london-paris-tokyo-supreme-very-clean/11710/

http://n-sb.org/news/15725-nike-dunk-sb-freddy-krueger-ebay-alert

hmm numerous size 10's all legit, right there just proves your statement WRONG

now I cant ever say I seen a 13 but I'm not gonna deny they could exist cause no one knows exactly how many were made and what sizes were made, but there 100% was pairs made beside the usual size 9

so before you quoted my comment maybe you should research or know your material

Last edited:
I need these ******g Shanghai's, need them.  I got burned once on a fake pair, haven't felt safe buying another ever since.  One of my grail SB's.  I'll take a retro, I'll take it.

Happy to see one person glad they're retroing.... Really, the fact that they are isn't a bad thing at all.

If they DO decide to retro Nike SBs, you know they will have subtle differences as the pattern on the bottom of the soles to match today's SBs...

With all this Freddy SB talk, I don't see the want/desire for them. Sure, the creativity is there but give me a simple colorway/pattern like Supas and Mulders with good quality leather over this gimmicky, movie BS. Simplicity is king.

Last edited:
Happy to see one person glad they're retroing.... Really, the fact that they are isn't a bad thing at all.
im on the fence of caring if they retro or not, the shanghais are def releasing, I just hope if more models do retro people just try and act like they got heat lmao cause majority of the people always have an excuse wether they were to young, or blah blah, i bought sbs from day one, and bought jordans and af1s before SB all of which I was 13, 14, 15 maybe even younger, im 26 now, but there are such things called birthdays, holidays, etc you get money somehow or presents. simple fact is people had no knowledge on sbs or werent into them and hopped into the hype way to late

Bro, I'm telling you, I highly doubt you'll find a size 13 authentic pair.

Where's the proof of them being authentic?
I did LC for NSB for a while and came across one being sold on the site. A huge collector in Australia purchased it (trav). All the tags, material, midsole, outsole, insole checked out. The first design was only released in 9. The more common one was released a little later and those were in basically a FSR that escaped the factory.

Here is Trav's pair. He is legit as they come:

http://forums.n-sb.org/thread/quick-about-freddy-krueger-dunks/190703/#2066203

This is also the general guide that has info on them as well.

http://forums.n-sb.org/thread/freddy-krueger-scrapped-version-legit-check-guide/185768/

Reactions: alp
im on the fence of caring if they retro or not, the shanghais are def releasing, I just hope if more models do retro people just try and act like they got heat lmao cause majority of the people always have an excuse wether they were to young, or blah blah, i bought sbs from day one, and bought jordans and af1s before SB all of which I was 13, 14, 15 maybe even younger, im 26 now, but there are such things called birthdays, holidays, etc you get money somehow or presents. simple fact is people had no knowledge on sbs or werent into them and hopped into the hype way to late

The way I see it is if you find something you like you'll find a way to get it. Regardless of it being the OG or Retro pair, you get the jist. I started collecting shoes in general around gold box era, so really not too long ago so I can't say I've been collecting from the beginning though lol. I'm thinking this is just a special retro, I doubt NSB will continue with the retro's after this.

If they DO decide to retro Nike SBs, you know they will have subtle differences as the pattern on the bottom of the soles to match today's SBs...

With all this Freddy SB talk, I don't see the want/desire for them. Sure, the creativity is there but give me a simple colorway/pattern like Supas and Mulders with good quality leather over this gimmicky, movie BS. Simplicity is king.
Bingo. It always seems that the most in your face colorways are the best "heat" by most people's standards; Freddy's, tiffs, skunks, supreme highs, etc. not saying that those shoes are bad whatsoever it's just that some of the cleanest sb colorways ever made get overshadowed by them. I'll take something like Paul browns, lodens, or sharks over those every day of the damn week.

Bingo. It always seems that the most in your face colorways are the best "heat" by most people's standards; Freddy's, tiffs, skunks, supreme highs, etc. not saying that those shoes are bad whatsoever it's just that some of the cleanest sb colorways ever made get overshadowed by them. I'll take something like Paul browns, lodens, or sharks over those every day of the damn week.

Out of the three you mentioned, I only owned Sharks...I would love to see Paul Brown Highs and Lodens again. I do still have my Flashes. =)

I wouldn't mind retros. I sold all my SBs except the red high from the supreme drop. Sure I can just cop da IG but good luck to me trying to find the Shimizu high in an 8.5/9 smh

i did read it and freddys had a big amount produced before being scrapped where some samples are simply that a select few pairs made just for preview that never release and have seen sample freddys in different sizes, i know authentic shoes and what to look for

http://market.n-sb.org/nike-dunk-sb...-london-paris-tokyo-supreme-very-clean/11710/

http://n-sb.org/news/15725-nike-dunk-sb-freddy-krueger-ebay-alert

hmm numerous size 10's all legit, right there just proves your statement WRONG

now I cant ever say I seen a 13 but I'm not gonna deny they could exist cause no one knows exactly how many were made and what sizes were made, but there 100% was pairs made beside the usual size 9

so before you quoted my comment maybe you should research or know your material
So let me get this right.......you post some shots from some guy with some Freddy's that lives in Israel from a sneaker forum that I PERSONALLY SAW pushing fake Freddy's in their "buy and sell"  when the stories of them being scrapped first came about?! Again, WHERE IS THE PROOF THAT THOSE ARE AUTHENTIC! All you said was "I know what to look for on sneakers". Who the f*ck are you?! Bro, I've SEEN fake WTDs that you couldn't tell were fake until you cut them open! Now if you'd do your RESEARCH, the good people over at RIF (you know, the WORLD renown consignment store), had a legit Freddy and guess WHAT SIZE THEY WERE? A sample size 9, going for 3,000. Your boy in Israel is only selling them for 1,000. Why not sell them for more?

Now RIF had the first version. (Don't steal these pictures and watermark them like you always do)

Here's the pictures and link to the story: http://www.sneakerfiles.com/2009/04/10/nike-sb-unreleased-samples/

The second version of the Freddy's RIF spoke about in interviews, and talked about a shop in Mexico having pairs but getting the recall letter from Nike to pull them from their shelves. The owners of RIF said the shop HADN'T GOT TO SALE ANY OF THEM BEFORE THE PULLED THEM. RIF would know because RIF was buying from them. All this talk about shops getting them and releasing them is all rumors with NO actual proof, I'm talking none, not even receipts. The only release that had been proven factual was the release at Nike Las Vegas Outlet release and the 4 pairs they got were 9-9.5 samples! Shops that got the Heinekens and pulled them admitted they sold them before Nike pulled them. All this sh*t is pure rumors and if someone is willing to spend the type of money it takes to get the Freddys based on rumors, it's on them at this point.

Last edited:

So let me get this right.......you post some shots from some guy with some Freddy's that lives in Israel from a sneaker forum that I PERSONALLY SAW pushing fake Freddy's in their "buy and sell"  when the stories of them being scrapped first came about?! Again, WHERE IS THE PROOF THAT THOSE ARE AUTHENTIC! All you said was "I know what to look for on sneakers". Who the f*ck are you?! Bro, I've SEEN fake WTDs that you couldn't tell were fake until you cut them open! Now if you'd do your RESEARCH, the good people over at RIF (you know, the WORLD renown consignment store), had a legit Freddy and guess WHAT SIZE THEY WERE? A sample size 9, going for 3,000. Your boy in Israel is only selling them for 1,000. Why not sell them for more?

Now RIF had the first version. (Don't steal these pictures and watermark them like you always do)

Here's the pictures and link to the story: http://www.sneakerfiles.com/2009/04/10/nike-sb-unreleased-samples/

The second version of the Freddy's RIF spoke about in interviews, and talked about a shop in Mexico having pairs but getting the recall letter from Nike to pull them from their shelves. The owners of RIF said the shop HADN'T GOT TO SALE ANY OF THEM BEFORE THE PULLED THEM. RIF would know because RIF was buying from them. All this talk about shops getting them and releasing them is all rumors with NO actual proof, I'm talking none, not even receipts. The only release that had been proven factual was the release at Nike Las Vegas Outlet release and the 4 pairs they got were 9-9.5 samples! Shops that got the Heinekens and pulled them admitted they sold them before Nike pulled them. All this sh*t is pure rumors and if someone is willing to spend the type of money it takes to get the Freddys based on rumors, it's on them at this point.
RIF LA (a consignment shop) is not god's truth when it comes to SB's. There are multiple sizes available of the Freddy's (Version 2) and they are completely authentic. I think we will have to agree to disagree :smile:.

Shanghai retros looking so dope. I'd love to get my hands on a pair. Only these, FTCs, and team reds do I see as cop worthy releases this year imo.

Loving the thought of retros as well. When I think about it, I really can't think of a logical argument against retros unless it's a selfish reason. most people are just saying their OGs would lose value, or that they want those color ways to remain rare

Here are the non-selfish arguments against retro-ing SBs

1. Making something more accessible waters it down and is the eventual recipe to the degradation of the whole culture. ...Look at JB - they were unable to shut Pandora's box. NSB won't be able to either.

2. If you aren't going to do something right, don't do it at all. Quality won't be as it originally was. Mistakes will be made, etc. Leave well enough alone.

3. Are SBs old enough to resort to retros? Once the gravy train of the retros pulls in, it's like an open invitation to cease innovation and new designs, and rest on the laurels of the pas, while turning out uninspired derivations of past glory. Look at JB and much of the rest of Nike.

The short view is that anti-retro is selfish because people want to protect the value of their older shoes. The long views that it may actually prove retroing to be the more actually selfish path, as people may be favoring a chance to grab a few of the shoes they feti****e and don't want to pay market for at the expense of the future of the brand and associated culture. ...Pretty much every time a company goes down this road, the loyalists from before that direction was pursued wind up upset in the long run. ...Just some food for thought. Are we just naively suggesting we repeat bad history?

You know you made a mistake when John goes in on you like that...

Ha. Even I ain't getting in the way of that train!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom