2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Mints looking :pimp:

Was just about to cop a pair right now... i think that pic sealed the deal for me. :lol:

and whats funny is when they do release those shops will probably charge around what sneakeryeti is charging after tax and gas you spend getting their etc etc price will probably be the same
unless your local spot sells them for MSRP (130 before tax) and isn't one of those shops that mark up their shoes, then yeah i'd just wait too
smokin.gif
THIS.

I also think that it's important that people really support their local shops. Skate shops are closing down left and right, they NEED support for real. Just be patient guys and check your local spots.

^^ Agreed.

Even though I don't skate anymore I still try to spend money at my local spot when it comes to shirts and kicks of course.

Last edited:
i wasn't thrilled with the materials on the mints - they're one of those pairs that seems to look better on foot then off

I also think that it's important that people really support their local shops. Skate shops are closing down left and right, they NEED support for real. Just be patient guys and check your local spots.

This!!!
Can't be stressed enough.

Many local skate shops are not doing that good right now. If they are a higher tier SB account that can get quickstrikes, support em! They are few and far in between these days and the number is shrinking. Nike sportswear mom and pop shops and franchise stores are feeling it too cause' Nike is forcing extra crap on them that doesn't really sell.

Just picked up my pair from my Cardinal Skate Shop in my area. They charged 150.00 before tax. He only does this with quickstrikes now.

The owner Jason is gonna do phone orders, (757) 306-0550. Not sure what shipping is though. Here's the facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cardinal-Skate-Shop-Virginia-Beach-VA/175831727911

I got a 10.5 and he told me he just sold the 11 before I came in. But he should have other pairs from 9 to 13 from what I heard.

I'll post some on feet pics pics tomorrow when the sun is up.

Last edited:
This!!!
Many local skate shops are not doing that good right now. If they are a higher tier SB account that can get quickstrikes, support em! They are few and far in between these days and the number is shrinking. Nike sportswear mom and pop shops and franchise stores are feeling it too cause' Nike is forcing extra crap on them that doesn't really sell.
Just picked up my pair from my Cardinal Skate Shop in my area. They charged 150.00 before tax. He only does this with quickstrikes now.
The owner Jason is gonna do phone orders, (757) 306-0550. Not sure what shipping is though. Here's the facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cardinal-Skate-Shop-Virginia-Beach-VA/175831727911
I got a 10.5 and he told me he just sold the 11 before I came in. But he should have other pairs from 9 to 13 from what I heard.
WHAT?!!? Togusa you from the 757?!?!? I spent alittle time out there. Is Soul Brother still up and running? It's crazy to see Cardinal doing phone orders. When I was there they didn't do any of that. DOPE INFO TOO! Support skate shops people!

Last edited:
Yep. In the 757. SoleBro is still kickin. That's where I got my black levi's dunks from a week or two back. Picked up the obsidian/red lows there too.

Last edited:
THIS.

Totally agree and rep'd, very happy to support local businesses.

***Just found out my local spot got the 3m's, have a feeling I missed out, ugh***

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. In the 757. SoleBro is still kickin. That's where I got my black levi's dunks from a week or two back. Picked up the obsidian/red lows there too.
That's good. Are there any new shops opening up in VA?

Last edited:
None that I know of out here. Cardinal and SoleBro are the only two main SB accounts in this area that get strikes and the good GR pairs.
Yeah, that's the way it was when I was there. I alway thought that Norfolk needed MORE shops.

These just in.

GR OF THE YEAR IMO!!

I might have to quadruple up on these since they're sitting.... . I def. see myself running these into the ground!!!

This!!!

I'll offer a different opinion. A lot of local shops jacked prices and pulled shady crap when the SB game was hot and heavy. Hell even in your example, $150 for a shoe that has an MSRP of what, $108? Only on a QS? If they charged MSRP back in the day, they probably would have loyal customers who would be still visiting their shops. I use to purchase all my SB from 1 shop. They also treated me well (always held shoes for me and charged MSRP). This started with the bisons release. I also purchased many other items from their shop to show my appreciation. The SB game got hot and their prices went through the roof. They quickly forgot about their loyal, long time customers. Not how you do business, in my opinion.

A lot , not all, shops treat customers poorly when they sold out of everything that Nike released sold out in 5 minutes. Now when the SB game has cooled, we are expected to forget when they jacked up prices on anything Nike SB released. No thanks. Part of the reason I left the SB game and never came back....

I'll offer a different opinion. A lot of local shops jacked prices and pulled shady crap when the SB game was hot and heavy. Hell even in your example, $150 for a shoe that has an MSRP of what, $108? Only on a QS? If they charged MSRP back in the day, they probably would have loyal customers who would be still visiting their shops. I use to purchase all my SB from 1 shop. They also treated me well (always held shoes for me and charged MSRP). This started with the bisons release. I also purchased many other items from their shop to show my appreciation. The SB game got hot and their prices went through the roof. They quickly forgot about their loyal, long time customers. Not how you do business, in my opinion.
A lot , not all, shops treat customers poorly when they sold out of everything that Nike released sold out in 5 minutes. Now when the SB game has cooled, we are expected to forget when they jacked up prices on anything Nike SB released. No thanks. Part of the reason I left the SB game and never came back....

A lot of shops still marking their shoes up though. I heard of heads paying 160 plus tax for the Levi dunks when they msrp 95 (104$ after tax in Florida)

I say support the shops that do the customers right. Even though my local spot kept all the blue Levi dunks for themselves ill keep supporting them for the legit prices

I can see where you're coming from. Keep in mind its a 20 dollar increase. The box price on the 3Ms is 130.00. There are other shops charging much more than that for the 3Ms. Cardinal doesn't jack up prices like crazy. Everything else he keeps retail. He'd rather put money into boards, wheels and hardware. They take care of their customers.

Every shop has their own policy. It really stinks that Nike SB doesn't crack down on prices. If a Nike Sportswear or urban account did prices like that, they'd lose the account in a snap.

I feel bad that in some places, shops lose sight like they did in your area, barry. But my shop takes care of their customers. I'd gladly pay 20 extra if it means they can keep the wheels turning. Its not as easy for mom and pop shops and franchises like it is for the big chain stores. The skate shops that have an actual park are the ones that really do good. Just dont have them where I am.

Last edited:
I can see where you're coming from. Keep in mind its a 20 dollar increase. The box price on the 3Ms is 130.00. There are other shops charging much more than that for the 3Ms. Cardinal doesn't jack up prices like crazy. Everything else he keeps retail. He'd rather put money into boards, wheels and hardware. They take care of their customers.
Every shop has their own policy. It really stinks that Nike SB doesn't crack down on prices. If a Nike Sportswear or urban account did prices like that, they'd lose the account in a snap.
I feel bad that in some places, shops lose sight like they did in your area, barry. But my shop takes care of their customers. I'd gladly pay 20 extra if it means they can keep the wheels turning. Its not as easy for mom and pop shops and franchises like it is for the big chain stores.

Great points.

Not all shops around me screwed customers during the massive SB hype of several years ago, but the shops that did are getting what the deserve now. Funny thing is, back in the day there were very few shops that carried SB(I am showing my age, but it was during the 2nd series of Dunk SB). They viewed Nike SB as a joke. Once the SB craze hit, shops couldn't get an SB account quick enough. I was friendly with the local SB rep in my area. He told me many stories of skate shops laughing at him when he approached them about selling SB. Six months later, those same shops quickly became interested in carrying Nike SB. Also, Nike SB turned a blind eye when shops started jacking prices. SB became a dirty game.

For the shops that have stayed true, I 100% agree with supporting them.

uhhh, isn't they supposed to be on foot then off?

i'm saying, when you just look at a picture, they don't look that hot, and even in person just holding them, but when you actually put them on they look good on foot. c'mon now

i think they look hot when lookin at em... must be fire on feet..

no disrespect man

They are man its all good. I posted a pic on foot.... some ppl were saying they weren't feeling em in person so i was just saying they look better on foot
if u sport a really simple fit then the mint really pops

These just in.
GR OF THE YEAR IMO!!
I might have to quadruple up on these since they're sitting.... . I def. see myself running these into the ground!!!

Nice pickup. Love that pair. Wearing mine today. Gonna double up when I see a sale. Bunch of places restocked already.

un-ds
minty!

Thanks for the on-feet pics. My camera skills not as good as yours.. but here are the 3M's. They're pretty high-res. So if you click the 'original' option below the pic you can see a pic full size.

You'll be able to spot the blemishes up close.

I had to answer the door and you can already see the left pair is creasing. Seems like the same 3M material used in the white XXX AF1's this year. All in all, I'm happy I got these. Can't go wrong with 3M!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom