2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

How is $135 shipped on these brand new Nike Sb Ron Burgundy?
I would go for it

Vibe in this thread has been kinda weird lately.. Lets mellow out a bit guys. Try and keep it cooler than a polar bear colony.

Got home from work and I see these bad boys waitin. Big shouts to mwhstuff for posting the shop, and Dcypoe81 for pointing these out!

I had to pass on em' way back but had to pull the trigger on em after getting those birches in hand. Always get worried when I order kicks from the UK. Them brits never double box anything lol

Just glad to help an SB head. Always keep my eye out or older shoes over here in the UK and post them up

Honestly, the resellers (and, I'ma keep it 100, I do it every now and then) aren't really the main problem. Those are dudes pushing dime bags. The folks moving weight and screwing it up on an institutionalized level are the shops charging well over box - essentially reselling at the primary distribution point - as well as the even shadier managers who either sell their shipments to resellers in bulk or operate shadow ebay accounts and sell their stock for aftermarket prices from jump, while shutting out their local base. In the grand scheme of things, some people buying 3 pairs doesn't really impact the overall picture nearly as much as the "white collar crimes" going on.

Truth. What really gets me annoyed is the stores charging well over box just because they can.

+1 Nice :pimp: ,
I agree, week before the release this thread was :nthat:
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

... Everything was going so smooth, but lately its been off, people arguing with the mod's, the concords were so destructive to this thread everything  got derailed like when scarface found out manny was sleeping with his sister... Hopefully you, togusa, john, BIP, osyrhiz, dycpoe and the others  can help get this thing back to pre concord release

No doubt! Things will mellow out I'm sure. Cooler heads always prevail in this thread. Repped.

I'm with you on that first statement. Love the pickup,love the shoes. I love everyone's collection in here. Makes my collection look tiny.

Repped. Thanks man!
Yeah....let's stop the bickering guys.

Speaking of collection, togusa I'd like to see your collection same with osyrhiz I bet they're pretty impressive.

Yessir! Repped.

Gonna be honest. My collection is peanuts compared to some of the old heads. I didn't start seriously collecting shoes until my money was right a few years ago. There are only a small amount of pairs that I'd like to go back and get at some point. I can't hold a candle to cats like 00', Cyress, Dcypoe and Civic to name a few. You'd rip my head off knowing the dunks I passed on for some GR AF1s lol. Gonna leave at that and try to motivate myself to go jogging now..
Sounds like we took similar paths lol. Had to watch so many goodies knowing I couldn't drop the bread. My money won't be right to me until I can live without a financial care, but I'm in a good place. I've always been frugal, but since November I've gone in like crazy lol. Figure I'll slow back down next month after the bday.

Honestly, the resellers (and, I'ma keep it 100, I do it every now and then) aren't really the main problem. Those are dudes pushing dime bags. The folks moving weight and screwing it up on an institutionalized level are the shops charging well over box - essentially reselling at the primary distribution point - as well as the even shadier managers who either sell their shipments to resellers in bulk or operate shadow ebay accounts and sell their stock for aftermarket prices from jump, while shutting out their local base. In the grand scheme of things, some people buying 3 pairs doesn't really impact the overall picture nearly as much as the "white collar crimes" going on.
Very few people realize this. If Nike flooded the market with enough pairs coupled with these shops selling for MSRP, there wouldn't be so much potential for the aftermarket to profit from shoes. At the end of the day, they're just shoes. Miss one, onto the next. I'll eventually land Concords, but I have my limit. The people who are too impatient to wait it out or those who feed the "beast" by paying the prices have only themselves to blame. Why complain when you made the choice, no gun held to your head? Either pay up, wait for a better deal, or move onto the next. Some act so brand new to this.

I think they're all part of the problem. Nike, retailers and resellers and people who pay resell prices. Nike only makes a certain amount of pairs, retailers/resellers get a hold of them and charge a crazy markup, and then certain consumers who want the shoes end up paying resell prices to get them.

It's a vicious cycle. In a perfect world, everything would be a GR and we all get the shoes we want. But we know that is not going to happen. Plus there are those jerkoffs who only buy something because they are super limited, QS, ect. :smh:

man, I remember rocking dunks like this my senior year...

I was thinking about it today... what collab/high end dunk lows have the thin nylon tongue?
- KICKS/HI
- DENIMS
- KERMITS

what else?
-KICKS/H: Aloha's? If so, they had a suede tongue.

-DENIMS: Are you talking about the CL release which released in a 3 pack? Black Highs, Blue and Olive lows? If so, they had a denim tongue.

Not sure about Kermits as those never appealed to me.

As far as the nylon tongue era goes, they were prevalent on all Co.Jp dunks from the late 90's-early 2000's as well as some Foot Action Exclusive's from 2001-2002 such as Mulder Highs, Cool Greys, Vaders, Storm Trooper, Blue Patent Lows & Red Patent Lows.....

Last edited:
Let me ask you a question. Do you think it's wrong for someone to cop a shoe as "trade bait" (i.e. with the sole intention of using those shoes to get another pair that they really wanted)? That question is good for anyone else to answer, of course. I'd like to hear what people think about that. And also, if you had the opportunity to make a trade that would end up benefiting you much more than the other party (say, you bought a DS pair of McRads for retail, and someone offered you some DS Cheech and Chongs - or any other Dunk that you like - for 'em), would you be ok with doing it? 
I don't think it's wrong for people to cop things to use as "trade bait" but I do think it's sort of pointless. Look, lets keep it trill, NOT MANY PEOPLE that are claiming to cop things to use as "trade bait" are actually making trades. Most people use "trade" as a code word for resell. The only person I've seen cop something for trade here on NT and they actually made a trade, was a guy that traded the Yeezy 2's for a DMP Pack, South Beach Lebron 8s and a BUNCH of other stuff that was crazy. SO many of these newbie's get f**ked over making trades it's not even funny. Fakes are SO great these days and the culture so full of scammers, making trades are a super hassle unless it's one of your homies.

Now, if I could make a trade that I felt like benefited me more then the other person would I make it? YES! But, if the person agrees to make the trade, then they probably value whatever I'm giving them more then they value what they're giving up. For example, if I had a pair of Galaxy Foams and you offered me some SBs that I'd been looking for I'd be MORE then happy to give you those monstrosities. Now with that said, most would say that that trade would be stupid but I DON'T VALUE/LIKE FOAMS at all, so me getting what I love and you getting crap (in my eyes) seems great to me. 

Thanks for the deal info. Repped.

Damn I remember that trade. Most epic trade in history right there. I'd swap a pair if dinosaur dung for that heat any day.

Just glad to help an SB head. Always keep my eye out or older shoes over here in the UK and post them up

No doubt. Thanks again man.

Last edited:
I agree with John.

Some thoughts on trades.

Trades work in a tighter knit community. In the Team AF1 thread, I've done many trades from doubles. Not too long ago, I traded one dude a pair of carotene jewels for a pair of '96 black patent lows. We each had extras of pairs that were hard to come by. Trades also work well if you have access to a specific niche of something at a good price. At one point, I've had up to 8 or 9 pairs of OG Black/Red XIs in my possession. I've since sold some and traded others. But, all that has happened with people I trust... all people I've met on the internet (few of my actual boys care at all about sneaks), but people with whom I've developed actual friendships.

In a good trade, both parties think they are winning. And, I might even suggest that if you don't care if the other person is getting screwed in the deal, then you probably don't know that person all that well, and are taking a bigger risk than you think by engaging in the transaction and should maybe rethink doing it at all, as perhaps you are the one about to get taken advantage of. There's not a single person I've done a trade with who would not trade with me again. Having legit sneakerfriends is a pretty valuable resource in this hobby, and burning bridges just isn't worth it if you plan to be around for the long haul.

BTW, there are also plenty of times when instead of buying something and then trying to trade, we'll just contact the person directly and let them know about the link. That happens here too. We've even done things where somebody is selling off a chunk of a collection and we'll just "draft" out the listing among ourselves and say, hey, I'll lay off those if you don't bid on these. Anytime me and one of my sneakerfriends get into a bidding war, we both always feel bad and dumb. He's like, yo, if I knew I was driving up the price against you, I would have just called off the dogs. And, then I'm like, "Yo, if I knew you wanted these, I would have let you have them - I already have a pair anyway."

I agree with everything that was just said. 
To add maybe im just paranoid or maybe its just common sense but i just dont trust people with something like that, especially over the internet the only way i would trade is if its one of my buddies or of im meeting dude in person so you know theres going to be no nonsense. I feel like its way too easy to get screwed over by people on the internet.

Although I agree with some of what was said, I traded a pair of Fighter Jet foams that I scooped below retail for some silver Flightposites last week so trades are cool in my book. :lol: :wink:

Thank god!! those are not worth 135 nothing...those actually hit outlets not to long ago...I would pay 65 or less for those..Just my 2¢
I think you may be thinking of a different shoe. The Ron burgundy's came out in 2009 I don't think they'd be hitting outlets now lol...

I agree with John.

Some thoughts on trades.

Trades work in a tighter knit community. In the Team AF1 thread, I've done many trades from doubles. Not too long ago, I traded one dude a pair of carotene jewels for a pair of '96 black patent lows. We each had extras of pairs that were hard to come by. Trades also work well if you have access to a specific niche of something at a good price. At one point, I've had up to 8 or 9 pairs of OG Black/Red XIs in my possession. I've since sold some and traded others. But, all that has happened with people I trust... all people I've met on the internet (few of my actual boys care at all about sneaks), but people with whom I've developed actual friendships.

In a good trade, both parties think they are winning. And, I might even suggest that if you don't care if the other person is getting screwed in the deal, then you probably don't know that person all that well, and are taking a bigger risk than you think by engaging in the transaction and should maybe rethink doing it at all, as perhaps you are the one about to get taken advantage of. There's not a single person I've done a trade with who would not trade with me again. Having legit sneakerfriends is a pretty valuable resource in this hobby, and burning bridges just isn't worth it if you plan to be around for the long haul.

BTW, there are also plenty of times when instead of buying something and then trying to trade, we'll just contact the person directly and let them know about the link. That happens here too. We've even done things where somebody is selling off a chunk of a collection and we'll just "draft" out the listing among ourselves and say, hey, I'll lay off those if you don't bid on these. Anytime me and one of my sneakerfriends get into a bidding war, we both always feel bad and dumb. He's like, yo, if I knew I was driving up the price against you, I would have just called off the dogs. And, then I'm like, "Yo, if I knew you wanted these, I would have let you have them - I already have a pair anyway."
Well said... REPPED

Back
Top Bottom