2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Question #1.) If you owned a shop how would you handle future HYPED NIKE SB releases?

Question #2.) What is your worst experience when dealing with other people in the sneaker community?

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB what would your version of the St. Patty's Day 2014 SB look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do up to 5 different SB dunks)

FORMAT:

1.) Name of  dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?

2.) Nickname of dunk?

3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)

4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.

5.) How would it be released?
1. I would have a raffle. Not an in-store raffle either. There will still be a chance of problems if I did that. It would have to be an online raffle. You put in your size, name and email/phone. Winners would be picked at random and notified of the time they should come to pick them up. I understand some regulars might be upset if they miss out but it's only fair to do it that way.

2.I haven't really had any bad experiences. I get most of my shoes online so I don't often deal with lines and people and I have 0 desire to attend one of those sneaker cons. Most people that are truly interested in shoes I almost never meet face to face and the only forum I'm on is NT. I don't comment in JB forum often, General is just a chill place for lulz and everyone in here is cool.

3a. They'd be "Celtic" nike dunk high premium SBs.

3b. See 3a
laugh.gif

3c. Tongue would be a gold normal mesh. Green suede upper on the heel/wings, lace hole area and toecap. Toebox, side panels and ankle/achilles would be gold leather with connected celtic knots etched on the surface that show up all shimmery when the light hits them right
pimp.gif
. Gold pebbled swoosh, gold midsole, green sole. Inside of the wings would be gold ripstop. Laces would be gold with alt. green laces. Insole would be green and have a gold celtic cross. There would be also be a gold celtic cross laser etched on the heel.

3d. Inspiration is all over the upper
laugh.gif

3e. They'd be an unannounced release but there would be like 15,000 pairs. If you're watching your skateshops twitter or show up that day you'll get a pair.

P.S. Nike I thought that up in about 10 min. You know you wanna hire me. I got ideas for days. Srs not srs super srs.

P.P.S. Welcome back @John00.

Mine only came with 2 laces, jelly

Yea i wasnt expecting the waxed white laces, dont know when ill actually unDS them now, theyre so clean definitely want it to be a special occasion, at first i wanted to wear them into the ground now that i have them I can chill.

Yea i wasnt expecting the waxed white laces, dont know when ill actually unDS them now, theyre so clean definitely want it to be a special occasion, at first i wanted to wear them into the ground now that i have them I can chill.

Love'em with the white laces.

Glad to have you @John00 back. That tiff release was a complete **** show.

1) raffle only to avoid mobs with a limited window to sign up (1 hour total). I would let my regular customers secure their pair without entering. I would release them after the official release date (claim some sort of shipping issue like many shops do) then charge average resale prices to non-regular customer that I know will only shop at my store when the next hyped release comes out.

2) My worst experience is seeing people lined up on a Wednesday missing 4 days of their life in a line for a pair of shoes. Truly sad.

3) I think the St Patty highs were pretty much perfect. I need to pick them up before they disappear.

Anyone know if fake Thai Temples exists? Maybe have scored a too good to be true deal pending pics.

Thanks.

Question #1.) If you owned a shop how would you handle future HYPED NIKE SB releases?

Question #2.) What is your worst experience when dealing with other people in the sneaker community?

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB what would your version of the St. Patty's Day 2014 SB look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do up to 5 different SB dunks)

FORMAT:

1.) Name of  dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?

2.) Nickname of dunk?

3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)

4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.

5.) How would it be released?
Answer #1) I would implement a pre-order system for the first full size run, then a totally random drop on the leftovers. Or a raffle system on the leftovers. No camping whatsoever would be possible. 

Answer #2) The hype and greed has become overbearing. I thought I would strike out on the Tiffs, but having done research for over 2 weeks I thought I would have atleast a fighting chance. Nope. It seems like people either got none or multiple pairs to flip, in general. This wasn't the culture I remember back in 05-09 when I did most of my collecting. Sure, resellers still existed but new releases weren't hyped to the max and prices were usually very tame. 150 or less was common place but now new hyped shoes seem to reach 200+ on Ebay. Beasting appears to be the norm now and it makes it excessively harder for collectors with very limited resources (lack of local stores, etc etc)

Answer #3)

1) Celtic Knots - Dunk Hi

2) Knots or just the full Celtic Knots

3) A predominately green shoe with canvas as the main material used. White midsole and I'd like to see gold thread woven in the canvas as well. Swoosh would be metallic gold with gold laces. Inner lining may be gold as well. I'd also appreciate a stitched Celtic knot on the heel. Perhaps a mesh tongue and insole with just a mosaic of Celtic knots would be nice. 

4.) Well, the Celtic knot is a very artistic and recognizable symbol of the Irish people. They can be very intricate and detailed, I personally find them to be fascinating. 

5.) A true quickstrick release. Stores will get them at random times and can release with no set release date (but of course they would start shipping atleast a couple weeks or so before st. patties day. :smile:

Some of my other recent pickups that have been trickling in. Im on love with the florida lows for real. Do wish the gator was more pronounced. Although i havent seen them in person they seem to be on par with tiff his in that aspect.

I always wanted to design a sb witht the Paris low concept. Either a painting from Da Vinci or Van Gogh printed on canvas and cut differently so no one pair is the same .

Last edited:

Man I've been wearing boots every day for over a week
mean.gif

I can't wait till all this crap is off the streets and we get some sunshine.
yeah man tell me about it. the tiffs are still in the box. i think i may actually get to wear them tomorrow. 

Next idea for a St Patrick's Day themed dunk

1.Dunk Low
2. The Hibernian Arms
3. This would be a pair with embossed leather overlay in a deep gold to simulate a tin ceiling, the rest of the materials would be a deep rich mahogany brown, white midsole, gum brown sole, Green/Orange Nike SB tongue tag.
4. I'm going for the look of a traditional pub here with a name that you might find in any Irish section of an American city.
5.Standard release, nothing special I'd rather get the shoe out there than make it a challenge for people to find.

yeah man tell me about it. the tiffs are still in the box. i think i may actually get to wear them tomorrow. 
that struggle. takes me a lot longer to get through my kicks than people in cali since Chiberia is determined to look like the Himalayas 7 months a year. Been rocking my Military IV beaters since October with few exceptions.

was anyone able to find the yoth coin?

they're a couple bucks for like 50 of them on ebay
just gotta be careful you order the right size cause someone here ordered the wrong size and they were the size of dollar coins :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
i got some, theyre not exactly the ones that came with the shoe but they look like this i can send you some too

I'm sending a few guys in the thread some (shipping tuesday sorry for the delay, havent been off in like a week now). I have one set left if you want it.
nice! , where'd you get your laces/aglets btw? those are lookin
smokin.gif

backtolifekicks.bigcartel.com They are 25 for the set but they are universal as long as the lacetip isnt super fat like lebron 11s, and they are machined out of decent aluminum theyre pretty well made so i think theyll last. Honestly in response to some who were saying theyre too much, i think theyll last for years, and id be willing to pay even more for lacelocks for WPF CNCPTs drop. I think theyre cool little things to make my shoes a bit different.

On another note, i met the "crane" stance kid from the other pic of YOTHs with the aglets, its pretty weird to me the pictures are ciruclating how they are, but i do remeber laughing pretty loudly the first time me and my friend saw it on his instagram, I get theyre trying to show off the shoe but its such an awkward pose it doesnt make for a very good picture and you gotta ballet your ankle and ish.

Last edited:
backtolifekicks.bigcartel.com They are 25 for the set but they are universal as long as the lacetip isnt super fat like lebron 11s, and they are machined out of decent aluminum theyre pretty well made so i think theyll last. Honestly in response to some who were saying theyre too much, i think theyll last for years, and id be willing to pay even more for lacelocks for WPF CNCPTs drop. I think theyre cool little things to make my shoes a bit different.

On another note, i met the "crane" stance kid from the other pic of YOTHs with the aglets, its pretty weird to me the pictures are ciruclating how they are, but i do remeber laughing pretty loudly the first time me and my friend saw it on the instagram, I get theyre trying to show off the shoe but its such an awkward pose it doesnt make for a very good picture and you gotta ballet your ankle and ish.

PM'ed you about the coins
how sturdy are those aglets; is there a chance of them falling off? i'd hate to lose one randomly and not notice :wow:

Last edited:
gah, missied out on some of the snake eye releases. one of the reasons graveyard shifts suck. work all night and sleep all day

Back
Top Bottom