2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

along with a four- leafed clover or a keg stitched on the bottom corner
roll.gif

@Siye87  is correct. It wasn't limited and the Dooms weren't SUPER hyped, and to go more in depth they were amongst one of the first SBs to have a release date when there were NO release dates for SB. It was July 24, 2007 if I remember correctly. Now, when you start searching for this dunk Airmatic, understand that it was dropped in 2 different color Nike SB boxes. I believe it's the ONLY color way (non retro/non revamped) to EVER have done that. Dooms were dropped in a Purple box and a Gold box. Why? Well, The horror pack that included the Jason Dunk High (which looked totally different before it was changed), the Freddy Krueger Dunk Low and the Night of the Living Dead Trainer was supposed to release around Halloween but New Line Cinema handed Nike SB a cease and desist. So in a panic, Nike SB scrapped the Freddy and totally changed the look of the Jason Dunk High. They didn't have to change anything with the Trainer from what I remember (that sh*t was trash anyway). They released the new look Jason High, the horrible Trainer and to replace the Freddy they threw more Dooms into gold boxes and shipped them out. Now for pricing question, I think that 250-275 is a VERY fair price. If you wear a smaller size though I've seen them go for less than that. Good luck on your search, he's my favorite rapper so I fo sho' had to get my pair.

"Do a deal for kicks and get rich quick" - MF Doom, Gazillion Ear (Born Like This album)

Edit: I goggled the release date and I was correct.

Release date link: http://www.kixandthecity.com/release-date-reminder-nike-sb-dunk-high-mf-doom-july-24th/

Restock news and Gold box link: http://theshoegame.com/articles/nike-dunk-high-sb-mf-doom-restock.html
I actually had no idea the horror pack was linked to the Dooms. I can't even remember if I knew about the two boxes. Mine were gold though. 

I definitely remember there were rampant knockoffs of these though... as with most SBs at the time. So you gotta be careful when purchasing.

It's really too bad I'm so rusty. I used to be able to do solid legit checks back then for SBs but now I can't remember what to look for at all. I may brush up on it again, since it was an immensely helpful skill... not just for myself but so many others as well.

I'm curious about something though.... Do they still create counterfeits as often as they did in years past? It seems to me like that practice has died down significantly (thankfully). 

I actually had no idea the horror pack was linked to the Dooms. I can't even remember if I knew about the two boxes. Mine were gold though. 

I definitely remember there were rampant knockoffs of these though... as with most SBs at the time. So you gotta be careful when purchasing.

It's really too bad I'm so rusty. I used to be able to do solid legit checks back then for SBs but now I can't remember what to look for at all. I may brush up on it again, since it was an immensely helpful skill... not just for myself but so many others as well.

I'm curious about something though.... Do they still create counterfeits as often as they did in years past? It seems to me like that practice has died down significantly (thankfully). 
Idk about dunks but with stuff like yeezys and certain jordans there is some super high quality almost mirror replicas of some shoes, scary stuff. Yeezys are almost perfect now from what I hear

@Siye87  is correct. It wasn't limited and the Dooms weren't SUPER hyped, and to go more in depth they were amongst one of the first SBs to have a release date when there were NO release dates for SB. It was July 24, 2007 if I remember correctly. Now, when you start searching for this dunk Airmatic, understand that it was dropped in 2 different color Nike SB boxes. I believe it's the ONLY color way (non retro/non revamped) to EVER have done that. Dooms were dropped in a Purple box and a Gold box. Why? Well, The horror pack that included the Jason Dunk High (which looked totally different before it was changed), the Freddy Krueger Dunk Low and the Night of the Living Dead Trainer was supposed to release around Halloween but New Line Cinema handed Nike SB a cease and desist. So in a panic, Nike SB scrapped the Freddy and totally changed the look of the Jason Dunk High. They didn't have to change anything with the Trainer from what I remember (that sh*t was trash anyway). They released the new look Jason High, the horrible Trainer and to replace the Freddy they threw more Dooms into gold boxes and shipped them out. Now for pricing question, I think that 250-275 is a VERY fair price. If you wear a smaller size though I've seen them go for less than that. Good luck on your search, he's my favorite rapper so I fo sho' had to get my pair.

"Do a deal for kicks and get rich quick" - MF Doom, Gazillion Ear (Born Like This album)

Edit: I goggled the release date and I was correct.

Release date link: http://www.kixandthecity.com/release-date-reminder-nike-sb-dunk-high-mf-doom-july-24th/

Restock news and Gold box link: http://theshoegame.com/articles/nike-dunk-high-sb-mf-doom-restock.html
dope info, im still on the hunt for my size in a non-rape price...

i didn't know there were fake dooms made..

I would pick up those saint pattys LOL. Need that green. Who feel like getting pinched cause we all dreamin right now. Hoping, praying, wishing lol.

dope info, im still on the hunt for my size in a non-rape price...

i didn't know there were fake dooms made..
I totally regret selling my pair.  Only reason I did was that these ran a little tight and I ended up getting my tts which wouldn't  fit me being that I have a wide foot.  Maybe one day it'll be in my hands again. The dooms are definitely considered one of my grails to have in my collection. I believe there's a thread around here somewhere that shows the differences between an authentic pair and a fake one.

You and I are the same size. I will only say this once.

When it comes to SBs... finding a 6 is finding that 1%. I have accepted the fact that not only do I have to work like a dog to find my size... but if and that's a BIG IF I do, I will most likely have to pay up the *** to obtain them. 

On the very rare occasion I will be able to pay retail on a hyped QS. Even rarer still, I will find that long neglected/forgotten single Dunk SB for a ridiculously low price.

In general... it isn't worth gambling with such a rare size. Learn to pay a bit more and to cop early. This will help keep your sanity in the long run. 

GIRL PREACH!!! siye87 siye87 We around the same age too! I was born in 86 :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I had to explain this to my homeboy in regards to the price I paid for Tiffs.....

and I feel you, I'm still going to try and work him lower. if he doesn't budge a hundo it is (which ain't bad). Say! you wear a 6 , is that your size in other kicks as well?? I got a 6.5 in tiffs and I'm tryna see if a 6 will be too tight/uncomfortable

John00 John00 That's a little harsh on the Trainers, sure they don't mesh well with what SB has done, but it's pretty good if you're a fan of trainers, and the build quality was decent too. I break my pair every now and then though, so I'm a little biased towards the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom