2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

What are some good things to clean suede with? I think JM works well with leather, nubuck, durabuck and most other materials but seeing what it does to suede definitely scares me if I were to use it on that material

I saw a video of a dude doing a pair of bordeaux VII and It looked like it worked but I seriously doubt the suede stayed soft. I'd be extra pissed if it changed the color like those WPF.
Yeah, I dont exactly have extra cash flowing now anyway. So this was a treat for me and I was pushing it...

DUDES USING SCRUB BRUSHES AND ACIDIC CLEANERS ON SUEDE!

I SEE THIS THREAD IS FAR FROM HITTING PUBERTY STILL!
roll.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Really wish I had read this last week...bought the JM pack AND premium brush specifically to use on suede...I don't even want to use it now...smh

What are some good things to clean suede with? I think JM works well with leather, nubuck, durabuck and most other materials but seeing what it does to suede definitely scares me if I were to use it on that material

You want to get one of these kits, it's available from pretty much any shoe care aisle in a supermarket, drugstore, or shoe store that's not a boutique or mall sneaker store. What you do is rub the block on the dirty part and the block will rub off bits and absorb the dirt, then you take the brush and brush off the residue from the block.

It's basically a big eraser and brush, which is why people have suggested using an eraser.

I work for eBay out here in Utah. Transferred from the PayPal side (Arizona). To hopefully put the fees in perspective, I'll first say I don't like em at all but you've got to pay to play. While PayPal is an eBay company, you've got to realize the many different businesses that use PayPal. PayPal is a pmt processor. Plain and simple. Visa and MC charge fees to businesses that use them too. The fees are high, but PP and eBay provide a backup insurance policy for you (buyer and seller proptection) and is safer than going thru Craigslist. Consider the fees for your safety lol.

Going back to the sneakers though, I can't wait for the UNC to arrive as I really am feeling that CW.

Last edited:
This is basically what I predicted back when the Diamonds got white hot, I hope Nike pumps out 2 or 3 months worth of not so hot shoes so resellers lose their shirt and people leave SBs to those of us that actually want them.

Outside of a couple of past era releases, SB as a whole has NEVER been worth trying to resell. I've tried to explain this to many resellers I've seen outside some of my locals and they don't get it. IMO, this brand only matters to a certain crowd. It pretty much has NO appeal outside of that crowd. I watch them show up release after release, and buy then struggle to resell. Losing money left and right. I mean YOUNG KIDS, losing $10-20 off everything they buy. They just don't learn.

CHEAP *** DUDES IN HERE WANT EBAY TO SELL THEIR STUFF FOR FREE....

THEN THEY THINK THEY CAN CANCEL AUCTIONS TO FORGO FINAL VALUE FEES AND ACT LIKE EBAY ISN'T GOING TO FLAG THE WHOLE TRANSACTION....
mean.gif

Well the SOMP's are nubuck and this really jacked them up. I think the answer is DO NOT USE A BRUSH. Maybe a moist microfiber towel and rub lightly at the stain/dirt. Mine were spattered with stuff, so I'm not sure if that would have worked for me either. I honestly think the SOMP's nap comes off waaayyyy too easily...

I saw a thread yesterday on NSB titled "How to know if a shoe will get hyped?" ...I won't copy/paste his whole original post but pretty much sums up new people who have no clue trying to flip SB's.
mean.gif

LMAO!!!!

Yeah it was weird. Even after about 16hrs dry time the panel still looked "dirty" (wet?) and felt very rough. Obvious color difference than the rest of the shoe. More purple with white nap. 

I def. want to double up on these so Im still holding out on a SOMP trade. But I really want that supple suede feel to come back and look a little more pink. 

Just bummed though. Literally just picked these up 2 days ago. Havent had a chance to wear em 
ohwell.gif
I never used JM products or any other shoe cleaner only Lincoln EZ cleaner... 60 yr old cobbler put me on to this product 10yrs ago and I never looked back.

I normally use water/stain sealant after cleaning... you can get at any shoe shoe, target, walmart etc 

Entire process is no more than 1.5hrs 

So heres the result of jason markk on my new WPF after about 30hrs of drying time and a few minutes of gentle brushing.. FML. Not crazy noticeable on feet but def not the deep pink hue and really not soft like it should be.

bleach em... could have some dope UNsomps on your hands 8)

I actually have a key chain bottle opener that I got from Politics for free when I was honest and pointed out that they rung me up for a shoe that was $20 cheaper.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, I'm already starting to see grey in my beard when I let it grow out a few days. And I know for a fact that at least one person threw up on their SOMPs.
I was using your post as a general statement. definitely not a personal one.

nerd.gif

Since everybody's on the topic of cleaning, what would be the preferred method of cleaning SOMPs?  I imagine mine will start getting dirty soon with how much I'm wearing them.
+

*pressure is key*

DUDES USING SCRUB BRUSHES AND ACIDIC CLEANERS ON SUEDE!

I SEE THIS THREAD IS FAR FROM HITTING PUBERTY STILL!
roll.gif

And I thought people had known not to smother and/or drench their sneakers in cleaning solutions...

Back
Top Bottom