2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

My impressions so far (I'm new this year):
The post is pretty long, so I deleted most of it. But this was pure comedy. I haven't set foot in the majority of those threads..... and after reading this, I still won't :lol:.

Hahaha the leather is pretty soft a lot better then the jpacks I'd put it just under the motor helmets but smoother as you can tell by the pics. The suede is pretty good as well, I can't believe it's not butter level, much better then your recent GR Suede better then snake eyes and again better then jpack suede. Not as yellow as scorpion yellow :tongue: but still IMO retail worthy :wink: definitely a second scooper at disco :D
I'm glad you mentioned the snake eyes, when I first saw these Scorpions I thought the suede looked like the snake eye suede quality-wise, glad to hear it's better! Thanks for the pics of em :smokin

this is probably the best section on NT. Do yourself a favor and stay out of the JB section if you value your sanity. =P

Jordan Brand: An all out melee between hypebeasts, kid wannabe resellers, and angry OG heads who keep talking about how they used to try on sneakers in stores.  Be prepared for awful spelling and entirely too many memes.  

Kobe thread: Kids, but most of them play basketball and kinda know what they're talking about.

Air max: Very euro, and very suburban.  Good manners though.

Lebron thread: Probably the biggest concentration of current NBA fans.  The LeBron thread is, well, full of people who love LeBron.  

KD thread: If you like kicks made out of crap from michael's fabrics in neon colors and eat lunchables, this thread is for you.

Reebok thread: an outgroup with an axe to grind.  kinda like a pissed off sneaker hells angels.  you will see multiple posts of the Jordan crying pic.

Asics thread:  half good dudes who really look out for each other, half arrogant pricks who slam anything you buy.

SB thread:  People who like sneakers, but wish it was resellers instead of Nazis in "Inglorious Bastards."  They have a fetish for sleepers and budget buys.

New Balance thread:  Quality fiends, they also seem to prefer basic colorways and design

Ronnie Fieg thread:  For people who mock Ronnie just as much as people who like Ronnie.  Kinda like Kanye.

Adidas thread:  Asian, European, with bent toward fashion as opposed to athletics.  They get hard when they hear things like "tubular" and "primeknit" and "moc" 

Concepts thread:  I've only really seen east coasters on it.  Pretty heavily Boston, too. 
What are your thoughts on the General section?
nerd.gif

SB thread:  People who like sneakers, but wish it was resellers instead of Nazis in "Inglorious Bastards."  They have a fetish for sleepers and budget buys.

Funny how things change

I remember back when there were no release dates just months, and anything that was deemed hype never sold for box price

I think I paid 200 or 250 for De La Hi's from FTC for example, but that's how every big release was, either u knew somebody or u weren't getting sh*t

Still on board for those scorpions, now it's just a matter of deciding between white laces or the black ones. Thanks for the pics and the lace swaps solereaver, super helpful. 

For those in Chicago area (I'm vacationing), current stock at Belmont Skate. Some older pairs marked down to about $60 (really scattered sizes). No idea about sizes, if they ship out, etc. as service and organization was basically non-existent.

But they have a lot of releases from the past year. Might be worth trying to call them or having someone throw an oop if you spot something you are looking for (I can't do it - headed home soon :frown: ).

Last edited:
saw the la familia in person yesterday.. instantly wanted them. they only have half up and down from my size though. perfect summer shoe

Just saw a review video of the Holy Lows and the reviewer commented that the ankle, quilted area, isnt as padded as usual SBs are. Hopefully the material causes the shoe to fit tight. Thought id share the info.

Last edited:
Just saw a review video of the Holy Lows and the reviewer commented that the ankle, quilted area, isnt as padded as usual SBs are. Hopefully the material causes the shoe to fit tight. Thought id share the info.

It doesn't at all. There's limited padding so the shoes run big.

Funny how concepts charged 15 for shipping and then takes 5 days to ship them. They came up off the shipping charges forget the kicks 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom