2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

jkitty jkitty intersecting choice. I saw those on-sale at so many shops a few months after they came out in NYC. But ever since then they've dried up I guess

unseen unseen I felt the same way about Sharks, but they've grown on me in the past few years.

I'm curious, since we always reminisce about the hits SB had, what are 3 SB's that y'all never understood the hype for/thought they were ugly? Top make it a bit difficult, they have to be blue box era or older. It gets a little too easy after that...
I'll start it off:
1. Dr. Feelgoods (Distinctly remember trying to force myself to like them because I usually like green, but I just couldn't do it)
2. 720s
3. Morks

Great topic.

1. Barfs (I know that’s the point. So in that regard they did a great job, making such a ugly shoe.)
2. Statue of Liberty
3. Marge Simpson’s ( homers are of course a classic, these... not so much.)

Last edited:
4CF6D5EE-7626-437C-8ECE-15704FBC3DE7.jpeg

I’m including wet floors because when they were revealed I thought they were ugly(freshman year of HS iirc). Since then, I’ve warmed up to them, the rest are still ugly to me.

05DB272B-DEFC-4CAA-9658-C8CCBBDCAF4D.jpeg

51FB823A-D684-423E-85C2-935DAABF5F7B.jpeg

01388B26-800D-4DCB-B7AF-98A85954E6C8.jpeg

I absolutely despise holy grails btw (ms pacmans are ok)

3DA47D3E-BA52-4C7D-B0FF-468DCB4B44CB.jpeg

There’s nothing wrong with these next 2 but I never got the allure of WPF. As for gulps, I didn’t like them when they first dropped, but now I think they look good with green laces.

54BA66A7-E009-4437-901B-5E46E542096C.jpeg

These next few shoes are ones that I don’t find ugly but I can see why others would. You can also add DotD in there

486EC00D-9DE4-4FD1-85A3-348B89EB788F.jpeg

Kind of the opposite of your question but made me think of the gold box BP lows.. it seems everyone hates them yet I’m still searching for a pair :lol: :lol:
2F3D4446-DE84-4690-B2EB-E4312E4FA0FE.jpeg
My understanding is that even Dom hates these.
Supposedly they were color blocked/created by one of the Brooklyn Projects Managers.
Eventually fired/left, depending who you ask...
Dom never cared for the colors, too Flashy/Bright for his taste, but Nike liked them, so they released as is.
Every other Brooklyn Projects Collab has been 100% Dom; with Nike’s approval of course.
Trickstar, Slayer, Walk of Fame, Paparazzi

I'm curious, since we always reminisce about the hits SB had, what are 3 SB's that y'all never understood the hype for/thought they were ugly? Top make it a bit difficult, they have to be blue box era or older. It gets a little too easy after that...
I'll start it off:
1. Dr. Feelgoods (Distinctly remember trying to force myself to like them because I usually like green, but I just couldn't do it)
2. 720s
3. Morks
2556A8C4-9551-45E1-BF51-7091E72CA2D4.jpeg
016C9CB9-C974-4027-8538-ABFAB61AA15B.jpeg
DDC10EC7-6B10-4F87-9E27-3BEFDDDE76BA.jpeg

Oh man, this is a great question. I’ve always hated the Ginos and never understood th hype around them. That perforated mid panel is awful. Jedi lows are complete garbage and look terrible. Wet floors just never did it for me.

i feel like many are missing the point of ninjatoes ninjatoes question. he asked about hype surrounding an Sb, not our opinions on whether it was ugly or not. i mean this is an overly subjective topic but some of the aforementioned models can readily be justified, while others dont even meet criteria since there was/is limited hype around them.

for example, and not that i agree or disagree, but liberties.. if youre an NY head or a fan of NY specific themed ideas, i understand why one would hype this up. its bright, guady and tooling is off, but i copped because im very NY through and through.

jedis... im not a SW freak at all, but i can totally get that some nerds in here would gass up the F out of them merely based on fandom. its in the same vain as freddys. i think theyre terribly corny, but i GET why people like them and hype surrounds them.

again, i bring it back to sharks. i think the blocking is valid, but havent been educated why theyre so coveted. aesthetically speaking, theyre run of the mill just like BTTYS, except that BTTYS has hype based on correlated fandom of said colorway. im not a blue and red combo fan so perhaps i am negatively biased, ie. gundam 98s.

can some of you learned Sb heads in here shed some light on barfs and sharks.

unseen unseen

For me, barfs are a pair I’ve been hunting for years with no luck. They rarely pop up DS or in my size at all. The fat tongues NEVER pop up in my size- I’ve seen them once and missed them.

A lot also has to do with materials and shape.. both were during the prime of nice leather/ suede/ nubuck with much better shape and comfort compared to today’s TRDs.

I better answer to ninjas question from me would be skunks, Heinekens, and mulders. Pairs most covet/hype/love, but do nothing for me.

I'll start it off:
2. 720s
3. Morks
1. 3 Bears Hi
2. 3 Bears Mid
3. 3 Bears Low

Back
Top Bottom