2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

This was just 7 years ago.....crazy how things change in front of us and we miss it...
52B9E9AD-5A3F-4D7B-BCBF-BC8977E35978.jpeg

What are the Blue/Yellow ones in the third row?

Oh no doubt. I'm just saying that it isn't people on NT paying a couple hundred bucks over retail that's causing this.

Fair. When I saw 10 year olds in SoHo in Supreme and Off White, I knew where this was headed. I try to get the shoe then move on if I don't. Not worth the stress or headaches.

I feel like the majority of posters in this thread could benefit from taking an introductory economics course and grasping not only the concept of supply and demand but also what happens to the price of consumer goods when the fed pumps however many trillions of dollars into the economy in such a short amount of time.

But what goes up must come down. And the bigger the bubble, the harder it will burst.

Things are going to get ugly. It might not be today. It might not be tomorrow. But it's going to happen.

Do you guys still sell shoes on eBay or is it strictly through Goat/StockX and social media groups?

Nowadays it is more about “how did you get them” than “where did you get them.”

it’s more about being impressed the person has them than impressed by the sneaker.

it’s more about having them and that’s it then having them and knowing the story behind them or the significance of them.

When you used to see pics of guys with multiples it was “man that guy loves this shoe,” and now it’s about “man that guy is going to make $5k”

Doesn’t mean it’s wrong now, but it is different.
sneakers are corny now. I still have crazy love for collecting shoes/gear but it’s impossible to deny how lame the game/people associated w/it have become.
It's a lot of the same lame hypebeast stuff that has always been prevalent. It's just happening on Instagram instead of Myspace now.
But in the past most people in line were EXCITED to buy whatever pair they’re in line for, excited to wear them once in hand.

Now half the people in line are discussing resale, looking at StockX on their phone, and aren’t that excited to actually own the pair. It’s like a job to them. Eff all that. It IS worse, from a sneaker lovers perspective.
Sneaker collecting is 90% dead.
Sneaker reselling is in.

And when I mean sneaker collecting I mean getting stuff you actually like not because it's a hype release. If you have classic pairs like bo jacksons, air maxes, nike sb's, agassi's, asics, etc whatever the case may be that you bought because you LOVE that sneaker or something that brings back a memory that to me is a sneaker collector.

If you are someone whose sneaker collection only consist of Travis Scott's, Off-Whites, Hype Nike Dunk/Sb's, Jordan 1's with no other sort of other mix in your collection YOU ARE NOT A SNEAKER COLLECTOR-SNEAKER FIEND. YOU ARE A VULTURE.
tenor.png

tenor.gif

I feel like a lot of these issues would be at least better if people knew how to take the loss and move on. People just can't let it go. I really wanted the Safaris, entered something like 9 raffles, SNKRs, local raffles, etc, and when I didn't win I saw that what they were going for and refused to pay resell for them even though I wanted them badly.

i refuse to believe anyone over 30 wants those Grateful Deads to actually wear so everyone complaining is complaining they can't flip(majority).

unless you take Ecstasy and live in your pajamas, then maybe you really want them.

the only releases that sting are the classic low tops really. but even then who cares, i'm moving on to custom options. making Colorways of classics i'll never pay resell prices for.

I feel like the majority of posters in this thread could benefit from taking an introductory economics course and grasping not only the concept of supply and demand but also what happens to the price of consumer goods when the fed pumps however many trillions of dollars into the economy in such a short amount of time.

But what goes up must come down. And the bigger the bubble, the harder it will burst.

Things are going to get ugly. It might not be today. It might not be tomorrow. But it's going to happen.
Bro this is Niketalk, the place to discuss our hobby or culture. What it used to be. Mods used to take action against people discussing reselling, but its probably more prevalent here, just through pms. Simple fact people wanna exploit sneakers now, you didn't have these many people back then.

The economics changed our community, seems like its been financially gentrified in a way. People paying high prices will keep out longtime collectors who get fed up, and those who cannot afford the resale on items that didn't have such high demand. On top that its frustrating reading comments like shops are gonna sell or backdoor their stock or rig raffles to people they know on Twitter. There seems to be a new group of people who ain't really interested in what some Niketalkers are. They are interested in the green more. The new group are part of the fad, temporary popularity, hype, likes, gratification. That's what changing.

i said this before as well, its not just Dunks. guys are having trouble getting New Balance GR's for months. some of it is supply issues as well, but it's not exclusive.

nike did there job right. they seeded all those NBA players and whores(kardashians etc) with the bttys, then covid hit and everyone's got free time. oddly enough i don't see anyone wearing dunks still lol

i said this before as well, its not just Dunks. guys are having trouble getting New Balance GR's for months. some of it is supply issues as well, but it's not exclusive.

nike did there job right. they seeded all those NBA players and whores(kardashians etc) with the bttys, then covid hit and everyone's got free time. oddly enough i don't see anyone wearing dunks still lol

I’ve had this argument I think 100 times. Are dunks really the most popular sneaker right now or are they just the hardest to acquire with the most resell?

I NEVER see people with dunks on their feet. Granted I don’t go out much anymore (social distancing) I just don’t view Dunks as a shoe many people have in their collection. NT’ers don’t count, we make up maybe 1% of people who care about sneakers.

the pain in here is real.
and there are millions more like us.

and this emotion of failure and "next time" or "finally" is what sells.
that GOT EM' screen is a hell of a drug. like forreal. that wasnt an accident.

and forreal the fact that we get bombarded with the marketing so hard the shoes aint even special.
youve seen them at least a million time by now. youve read everything about em and tried for them in every possible.
so by the time you do actually see them in real life or even get the chance to buy flipping is so attractive.
they done burnt us out on the shoe tryna get us so hype for it. folks rather have the money.

unless youre a die hard or REALLLLLY wanted em. then you trade your first born and your wife for them and be happy.

Nike just gonna keep eating.

**** is burnt the f out.

as am i.

signed,
whydoidothistomyself

Back
Top Bottom