2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Latest acquisition
82FD0A44-B07E-4545-8A9E-929490D1C79A.jpeg

Personally, I like odd looking shoes. I'm also a person that doesn't need to match my shoes with my hat, shirt, pants, and socks so maybe that's why some of ya'll dislike them? Whatever, the reason, it's ok to have different tastes but lets not act like the people that are saying they are hideous, didn't try to buy a pair.

Those Air Max with the clear panels ran huge. Wonder if the e-bay dunks do as well.

I didnt...

Not knowing how Deckers fit is annoying. Need to know if they are like typical Dunk SB’s.

Buying things for the story despite the shoe being ugly is letting Nike hoodwink you.
Picsart_22-12-18_10-06-44-461.jpg

Right off the bat, there are plenty of sneakers that are uglier, or just as ugly, than eBay Dunks that people go crazy for (see pic). Are the Sandy's ugly? Sure. If they randomly released a shoe all cut up with plastic parts and NO BACKSTORY, I'd think they were idiots. However, with the backstory being what it is, that makes the shoes more tolerable.

Those USA Kobe 2's in the bottom right hand corner held the top ugliest shoe award for years before Yeezy's started releasing. I hate everything about those shoes. Now, suppose Adidas were to release them in a special box with a special Kobe commemorative metal hang tag, and a flash drive with old behind the scenes Kobe and Adidas footage or something, and the insole had a picture of him and GG, I'M BUYING THOSE UGLY SHOES BECAUSE OF THE STORY THAT SURROUNDS THEM.

💯
Was just gonna say. Buddy comes in all holier than thou. But he doesn’t even wear shoes. Foh.

What? I've been collecting since '01 and I've never worn my shoes that I actually collect. What does that have to do with anything?

And if I did sound like an elitist or "holier than thou", I apologize. That was not my goal.

I buy shoes to wear. Not trying to explain some crazy back story as to why or how Freddy Kruger grabbed my foot when I was dozing off. I was just pointing out that you are the target audience for a shoe like that but don't be surprised people think it's a trash shoe... because it is. On so many levels. A back story can only hold a design so much and they dropped the ball on how to make these shoes actually look wearable with out looking like a silly *** AF1 from the early 2ks.

Let that man live. Some peeps buy to wear, some buy to collect, some do a little of both… why does it matter why someone buys, or what they do with their shoes? My dude airforce1king airforce1king is a good dude, that’s genuinely into kicks, not some dude that’s around because buying kicks is flavor of the month.
For sure, but he jive came at anyone from 2012+ :lol:

For sure, but he jive came at anyone from 2012+ :lol:

You know what, I can see how that was taken wrong and I apologize. I assure you I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I only said that because 2011 Concords introduced a new wave of "sneaker heads" (emphasis on sneaker heads and not sneaker collectors) into the culture. This new wave didn't have a lot of the understandings of the past collectors who were collecting a decade before them and laid down the blueprint for how the shoe game is today. In the past, there was the whole "rock and stock" mentality. Buy one to wear, buy one to collect. There are PLENTY of OG collectors who have DS collections (DependableJay, pevault, SoleSupreme, etc.). Wearing shoes isn't that big of a deal to me. I am not a sneaker head, I am a COLLECTOR. I don't say this to try and sound cool either. I'm only clarifying why I said what I said. Again, I apologize if I rubbed anybody the wrong way.

Picsart_22-12-18_11-58-54-161.jpg

Those Ferraris are 26+ years old with under 10K miles. The McLaren is 7 years old with only 520 miles. 9 times out of 10, these vehicles are owned by COLLECTORS. There are people who buy things to collect and have zero intent on actually using them as they're intended to be used. This isn't just for shoes and cars. I know someone who collects guns. They have 200+ guns and may have only fired 30 or so. I know someone who collects guitars that cost $2K+ each and some of them he's never played. My step father collects money. Plenty of coins and rare dollars that he chooses not to spend. People who buy game worn jerseys and hang them on the wall. I know of another local guy who buys every single game system ever created, every color, everything. He does not play his NES or Dreamcast, he just collects them. He has a $200K game room. My only point in this drawn out explanation is plenty of stuff can be collected. My 2012+ statement meant this wasn't something that had to be explained to people who were collecting before 2012. However, I now see I could've worded it better without offending others or sounding like I'm on a pedestal and for that, I again apologize. Let's be clear, I don't feel I'm more "superior" than anybody else because of tenure in the game. No matter if we collect or wear our sneakers, at the end of the day we're all here for the same reason, our love for shoes.

Picsart_22-12-18_10-06-44-461.jpg

Right off the bat, there are plenty of sneakers that are uglier, or just as ugly, than eBay Dunks that people go crazy for (see pic). Are the Sandy's ugly? Sure. If they randomly released a shoe all cut up with plastic parts and NO BACKSTORY, I'd think they were idiots. However, with the backstory being what it is, that makes the shoes more tolerable.

Those USA Kobe 2's in the bottom right hand corner held the top ugliest shoe award for years before Yeezy's started releasing. I hate everything about those shoes. Now, suppose Adidas were to release them in a special box with a special Kobe commemorative metal hang tag, and a flash drive with old behind the scenes Kobe and Adidas footage or something, and the insole had a picture of him and GG, I'M BUYING THOSE UGLY SHOES BECAUSE OF THE STORY THAT SURROUNDS THEM.
Many would disagree with half the shoes in that pic

^ Disgusting.

You know what, I can see how that was taken wrong and I apologize. I assure you I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I only said that because 2011 Concords introduced a new wave of "sneaker heads" (emphasis on sneaker heads and not sneaker collectors) into the culture. This new wave didn't have a lot of the understandings of the past collectors who were collecting a decade before them and laid down the blueprint for how the shoe game is today. In the past, there was the whole "rock and stock" mentality. Buy one to wear, buy one to collect. There are PLENTY of OG collectors who have DS collections (DependableJay, pevault, SoleSupreme, etc.). Wearing shoes isn't that big of a deal to me. I am not a sneaker head, I am a COLLECTOR. I don't say this to try and sound cool either. I'm only clarifying why I said what I said. Again, I apologize if I rubbed anybody the wrong way.

Picsart_22-12-18_11-58-54-161.jpg

Those Ferraris are 26+ years old with under 10K miles. The McLaren is 7 years old with only 520 miles. 9 times out of 10, these vehicles are owned by COLLECTORS. There are people who buy things to collect and have zero intent on actually using them as they're intended to be used. This isn't just for shoes and cars. I know someone who collects guns. They have 200+ guns and may have only fired 30 or so. I know someone who collects guitars that cost $2K+ each and some of them he's never played. My step father collects money. Plenty of coins and rare dollars that he chooses not to spend. People who buy game worn jerseys and hang them on the wall. I know of another local guy who buys every single game system ever created, every color, everything. He does not play his NES or Dreamcast, he just collects them. He has a $200K game room. My only point in this drawn out explanation is plenty of stuff can be collected. My 2012+ statement meant this wasn't something that had to be explained to people who were collecting before 2012. However, I now see I could've worded it better without offending others or sounding like I'm on a pedestal and for that, I again apologize. Let's be clear, I don't feel I'm more "superior" than anybody else because of tenure in the game. No matter if we collect or wear our sneakers, at the end of the day we're all here for the same reason, our love for shoes.

I didn't go to school for a reason.. not reading this novel.

So I’m guessing none of y’all have ever put duct tape on your shoes when they were falling apart? Not sure if it’s sort of an homage to taping up skate shoes or not, but it’s a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom