2024 Track and Field Thread — Olympic Year!!!

5,000 m world record went down yesterday. Absolutely dominant performance. He made it look easy, he didn't look like he was hurting or in pain until the last half-lap. He lapped other world-class athletes. His last mile was 4:02.

Bolt really is the most dominant male athlete since 2000 imo, should've been him and not Lebron to get athlete of the decade

Bolt really is the most dominant male athlete since 2000 imo, should've been him and not Lebron to get athlete of the decade

phelps

on top of the 5 individual events where he was a gold medalist and WR record holder at some point (200 free, 100 and 200 fly, 200 and 400 IMs)

he could legit be a finalist or even medal contender in another 5 (100 and 200 back, 100 and 400 free, 200 breast)

I think he actually held the 200 back WR at one point, of his non Olympic events.. also held the 100 freestyle American record for a bit based on his leadoff relay split

2000 was his 1st olympics at 16, in which he finaled in the 200 fly.. and I feel like he would be the favorite in the 200 IM right now (maybe 200 free too)

should be interesting to see if caster can win in a longer distance

should be interesting to see if caster can win in a longer distance

surprised by this, I figured she would move down to the 4 if anything

10.77 into a headwind in the final, would u have her as the favorite for tokyo as of right now? also u think she's going to go for the 100/200 double?
It’s possible .... I think she can medal in both .... shaune will be tough to beat .,., I wonder what SAFP is up to

yeah unless he's burnt out from NCAA season, his competition in the 100 will mainly be Brommell, Lyles, and a 39 yr old Gatlin. In the 200 it'll really be Lyles since i doubt Norman will try to go for the 200/400 double and i'm expecting him to focus on 400

yea hard not to see dude not being on the team in the 1 and 2

also crazy to me that them high school dudes in texas wouldvd dusted the big 12 final

Yea after Norman’s worlds, gotta assume he focuses on the 4 and the relay

Back
Top Bottom