2024 Track and Field Thread — Olympic Year!!!

IATT IATT u expecting both olympic trials for swimming and T&F in June to be good?

for US, should be.. just because what it usually takes to get on those squad competition wise.. like only certain guys can get away with not fully fully resting or preparing

but we’re seeing some stuff in both sports currently from non Americans that should mean good performances come Olympic time

It will be

Could be 3 ...: the issue is shacarri might face the big race jitters but she has the tools .... Shelly always wins the big races

yup.. if Shelly is running 10.84 now, I feel good about her showing up in Tokyo

but US team on the whole going depend on a lot of guys and gals who might not step up due to lack of experience

they should be good for all of the relays but as far as individual races a lot of young folks

hell I wonder if grant holloway somehow sneaks on the 4 x 4 given he ran that sub 44 at Florida and we’ve seen him step up whenever asked

I think this will probably be one of the most interesting Olympic Trials for Team USA. NCAA kids have been going pretty hard all year whereas most Pro's are just getting started. Sprints and Jumping events are pretty stacked. As always it's gonna come down to who performs the best when it matters the most.

I'm hoping I actually make the High Jump field so I don't have to watch this ish from home. The renovations to Hayward look pretty damn good. Factor in spectators and athlete's having to wait an extra year due to Covid and you got one helluva show.

Travvon Brommel ran 9.77 about an hour ago ... might be the favorite to medal if not get gold in Japan

788759d5c4434230-red-ruby-shine-rick-is-about-to-go-full-on-king-leonidas-in-this.gif

He chased them down .... wow

if dude had a better first 110, good lord

this dude ain’t even powering off of the turn and then accelerating down the back stretch

he has a terrible start.. and doesn’t run the curve well or power through.. and it’s like the last 80-70 meters he decides he‘s going really run

best I got is swimming.. But in swimming you got a hard stop at the turn AND you can use your underwaters to build into a last 50 (Phelps being a perfect example)

but even if you’re running the 4, you start building before it looks like this dude starts his accelerating.. if you’re running a back half race

like i get closing well.. but in the semis this dude ran his back half 100 at 9.57.. in the final he was like 6th or 7th through like 110-120

Fanbuellah ran the back half yesterday in 9.44 i think. Oneof the wildest things ive ever seen

Laird is hurt again. sucks he was so committed to this year n now prob wont be in top form at all for olympic season butttt... not knowing if the olympics were even gunna happen, I get it

Anyone watching the women’s ncaaa championship on espn 2?

was not expecting that 10.74

Back
Top Bottom