2024 Track and Field Thread — OLYMPICS!!! - Day one this friday

still can't believe poland didn't make it to the finals, somebody there gotta answer for using the B team, resting their best cost them big time

yea,. You can only get so cute with that shh

like the US where they had a bunch or drops in big meets because presumably they only had a handful of practices together

I didn’t realize Prandini was 29, I thought all of them were 23 and under :lol: good for that group, they needed that good after disappointing in their solos. Jamaica’s handoffs definitely costed them, but Shelly had said the other day they don’t even practice relays cause they don’t feel like they have enough time.

first time Jamaica's men ever failed to medal in the World Championships.
JA men's track and field been on life support since Bolt retired.

Terry ran her heart out. JA woulda catch her if they had even 10 more meters but alas thats not how the game goes. Shelly Ann fumbled the hand off. If not for that JA woulda tek it

I don’t get why JA ain’t have shelly 2nd or on anchor

and woulda thought shericka would be either 1st or 3rd

I bet they're gonna do hand off drills a lot more now.

but I’m looking at it from a strategic perspective

we saw how well shericka ran the curve in the 2.. and we saw Shelly Anne’s straight in the 1

woulda thought they want to maximize those aspects

but I’m looking at it from a strategic perspective

we saw how well shericka ran the curve in the 2.. and we saw Shelly Anne’s straight in the 1

woulda thought they want to maximize those aspects
JA has relied on talent/general dominance in the sport for so long they didn't feel they had to strategize lineup positions. Finally bit them in the behind.

Back
Top Bottom