2024 Wrestling Thread | It's Wednesday. You know what that means...

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Once again it goes back to this "insider phrasing" debacle. That's not a no-sell. Whether you agree or disagree, the fact is that is selling in today's day and age. The "OMG, he's out on his feet" and "muscle memory" is selling.

Another fact wrestling fans just won't seem to accept: The Canadian Destroyer is a modern wrestler's DDT. Was a devastating finisher 20 years ago, but just another move in every wrestler's repertoire.

Once again it goes back to this "insider phrasing" debacle. That's not a no-sell. Whether you agree or disagree, the fact is that is selling in today's day and age. The "OMG, he's out on his feet" and "muscle memory" is selling.

Another fact wrestling fans just won't seem to accept: The Canadian Destroyer is a modern wrestler's DDT. Was a devastating finisher 20 years ago, but just another move in every wrestler's repertoire.

I see a lot of people mixing up "bump" and "sell" too

Can’t see Rick Starks being anything more than Carmelo. Would definitely be good addition for NXT though.

Can’t see Rick Starks being anything more than Carmelo. Would definitely be good addition for NXT though.

Would easily flourish in NXT. Would be a way better champion than that goober Ethan Page.

Would probably a solid IC/US midcarder. Being bffs with one of the top guys in the company would help out a bit too.

I feel Logan Paul has so much hate that he doesn't have to do the flippy stuff. That's a choice that he makes. He already has people caring about him but when you barely wrestle you might feel like you need to do the crazy acrobatics.

Of course. Dude didn’t “earn” what he was given. Let’s be honest, he was brought in to tap the demo he reaches. No different than his bum of a brother boxing jobbers then running his mouth when he wins. It’s all for clout.

He’s jealous of Roman? What a surprise a loudmouth like him is jealous of the biggest star in the business. But he hasn’t earned the right to get even 1/5 of the praise Roman. He’d understand that if he grinded like most wrestlers have.

I’m glad he’s somewhat done. He held that title hostage for too long. I don’t buy that mentality that he gave the US Title more prestige.

Of course. Dude didn’t “earn” what he was given. Let’s be honest, he was brought in to tap the demo he reaches. No different than his bum of a brother boxing jobbers then running his mouth when he wins. It’s all for clout.

He’s jealous of Roman? What a surprise a loudmouth like him is jealous of the biggest star in the business. But he hasn’t earned the right to get even 1/5 of the praise Roman. He’d understand that if he grinded like most wrestlers have.

I’m glad he’s somewhat done. He held that title hostage for too long. I don’t buy that mentality that he gave the US Title more prestige.

Your reading comprehension here is very #LowShirai.

Sounds like he’s acknowledging the fans are only invested in his acrobatic spots. And he’s using Ramen as an example of someone that doesn’t have to risk his body unnecessarily to get that same level of investment from the crowd. He’s not jealous of Ramen’s spot but rather his in ring storytelling ability.

There’s a clip of him and the Deadman talking about this and the psychology of fan never being satisfied with those aerial spots.

Sounds like he’s acknowledging the fans are only invested in his acrobatic spots. And he’s using Ramen as an example of someone that doesn’t have to risk his body unnecessarily to get that same level of investment from the crowd. He’s not jealous of Ramen’s spot but rather his in ring storytelling ability.

There’s a clip of him and the Deadman talking about this and the psychology of fan never being satisfied with those aerial spots.

Before Roman had to take some time off (and came back more over than before)...
he was in a bunch of matches with big dudes, taking a lot of heavy bumps. I felt like part
of it was Vince wanting Roman to pay his dues - and he did.

I get that I’m saying Roman doesn’t have to do that because Roman has already established himself through YEARS of being in the business to earn him not having to do the flippy high risk stuff.

Logan can’t expect for people to like him without him giving them a reason to invest somewhat in him as a character.

I still believe Logan doesn't need to do the flippy stuff because PEOPLE ARE emotionally invested in him already. He can just look at the fan participation during his matches he would see the fans DO "acknowledge" him.

Again, that is amazing considering he hasn't even wrestled 20 matches. Take advantage of it Logan and save your body.

No Need to be jealous of Roman. Hell , people should be jealous of him since he has so much heat within such a small window of time.

you get it.

but that account posted is from one of many wwe cultist that live to hate watch aew

they better hold on to their butts because wwe is headed that way with triple k's direction.

its just the business evolving.

I can agree that so many people have it in thier arsenal that it IS a common move in 2024.

The issue is how often , especially in AEW, the move doesn't even REGISTER. Too often is it used, defensive wrestler IMMEDIATELY gets up and continues as if nothing happened.

That is hard to watch.

The whole gentrified version of "Fighting Spirit" (Thanks to Inoki and later bastardized by Kings Road) really kills any sort of realism that a match could be giving it's audience.

Just not acknowledging that a move took place jn a battle is just nonsense no matter where it happens.

Back
Top Bottom