2024 Wrestling Thread | It's Wednesday. You know what that means...

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Over / Under she drops in @ NXT No Mercy on 9/1?

Her pop gonna be wild when she shows up, aura for days 😍

Change your avy, imposter

1721023616456.png

Agreed.

This Mami/Dominick Guerrero/Liv storyline prolly gonna last for maybe the rest of the year though.

Trips gonna drag the Mami trying to get her revenge on Dom and Live for at least a couple months where she finally Dom and Live finally get their comeuppance at Bad Blood.

Then from there, Mami feuds with.......CITB?

Not many other viable options with BTB on sabbatical. Mami doesn't need another match with her anyway.

That storyline is just WWE being WWE.

Again, the biggest pushback is it HAS to end in a physical battle between RHea and Liv and we know that is as much of a mismatch as there could possibly be.

So the story can be entertaining (to some) but when they have to battle it's going to take a LOT to take Liv seriously in that match.

Dude on Twitter really beefing with Val Venis that he’s looking to buy the trademark/copyright for “Val Venis” so Val has to change all his socials :rofl:

Also Jey needs a new push or he needs to team up with Jimmy or Cody again after Codeman drops the belt to me on Saturday.
I can see Jey in the running for US champ after Knight takes it from Logan.

But AEW stans want me to care about 2 dudes going at it for an hour when their beef was only 3-4 weeks developed?

Wrestling is a soap opera for dudes. Always has been. From Ric Flair, to the million dollar man to the Sgt slaughter vs America story, storylines and being invested in why people are wrasslin’ matters. If i just wanted to see graps I’d watch NCAA or the Olympics.

The turn on Rhea at SS about to be nuts. Remember Rhea beat the crap outta Dom before. This storyline will continue till survivor series where it might be new JD vs old JD

IMG_0388.jpeg
IMG_0389.jpeg

That storyline is just WWE being WWE.

Again, the biggest pushback is it HAS to end in a physical battle between RHea and Liv and we know that is as much of a mismatch as there could possibly be.

So the story can be entertaining (to some) but when they have to battle it's going to take a LOT to take Liv seriously in that match.

Similar to when Liv was the champion and feuding with Ronda.

At least she has been presented better as champion (thus far) how this finishes will be the interesting part.

Liv should be one of the main women vying for those midcard titles whenever Trips introduces them.

But AEW stans want me to care about 2 dudes going at it for an hour when their beef was only 3-4 weeks developed?

Wrestling is a soap opera for dudes. Always has been. From Ric Flair, to the million dollar man to the Sgt slaughter vs America story, storylines and being invested in why people are wrasslin’ matters. If i just wanted to see graps I’d watch NCAA or the Olympics.

The turn on Rhea at SS about to be nuts. Remember Rhea beat the crap outta Dom before. This storyline will continue till survivor series where it might be new JD vs old JD

IMG_0388.jpeg
IMG_0389.jpeg

Is this what they call "doing tricks on it"?

I liked Rhea's character better when she was a killer world champion more than the soap opera love triangle stuff

No offense to the gooners
any love storyline in wrestling is ******* stupid. im not sure why wresling still does these outdated things and who they do it for

djlunchbox djlunchbox

Stories are needed in wrestling to give fans a reason to care about the upcoming match.

However, when the match the company wants us to care about is a physical/skill/technical mismatch, it's hard to look at the story as anything other than JUST a story.

If this was a midcard womens story between Liv and Dakota Kai, then it would be easier to get into. But with arguably the best woman in the world and Liv Morgan? Nah man, WWE do better.

Great listen. Case Case djlunchbox djlunchbox

Episode Description
30 Years of Extreme: The Legacy of ECW

In this episode, Fumi Saito & Justin Knipper delve deep into the history of Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) and its profound impact on the wrestling world. Join us as we explore the origins of ECW in the early 90s, Paul Heyman's takeover, and the creative revolution that followed.

They discuss Heyman's early career, from his teenage years as a wrestling photographer to his influential role at Studio 54. Learn about the transformation of Eastern Championship Wrestling into the hardcore haven known as ECW and the key figures who made it legendary, including Sabu, Terry Funk, and The Dudley Brothers.

Discover how ECW became a breeding ground for future stars like Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, and Rey Mysterio, and how it influenced modern wrestling promotions. Fumi & Justin also reflect on the unique culture, creativity, and spirit of ECW that still resonates today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom