2024 Wrestling Thread | NXT Tuesdays

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From talking to the wrestlers you know or have managed, what have they said about wearing tennis shoes while wrestling? Seems like a pain to do anything athletically in some damn AF1.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm honestly trying to remember what Kofi told me about it. Only pair I ever really remember him having a problem with was the Nike Adapt BB. But he generally wore AJ1's which structurally aren't that far off from wrestling boots anyway. You do bring up an interesting point with the AF1's. They have a huge midsole, which I'd think would cause stability issues, but the Usos wrestled in them for years without issue. I really don't know. Might depend on the individual and their preference for feel.

old enough to remember when Mox had hands like ronda rousey
1719853830108.gif

?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm honestly trying to remember what Kofi told me about it. Only pair I ever really remember him having a problem with was the Nike Adapt BB. But he generally wore AJ1's which structurally aren't that far off from wrestling boots anyway. You do bring up an interesting point with the AF1's. They have a huge midsole, which I'd think would cause stability issues, but the Usos wrestled in them for years without issue. I really don't know. Might depend on the individual and their preference for feel.

I remember he wrestled in Nike FOG on occasion.

I hated when Sanada shaved his beard and started rocking those trunks. ( No #OpInfluence )

We know his charisma was lacking but his look also suffered during his title reign.
Him being the champ hurt business according to Fumi Saito but they have been dying a slow death ever since AEW has been around.

T0INE T0INE

I hated when Sanada shaved his beard and started rocking those trunks. ( No #OpInfluence )

We know his charisma was lacking but his look also suffered during his title reign.
Him being the champ hurt business according to Fumi Saito but they have been dying a slow death ever since AEW has been around.

T0INE T0INE

Sonata would've been better keeping his Cold Skull gimmick when he won the title.

Would've had a distinctive look that added to his non-existent charisma to go along with his solid in-ring work.

As opposed to clean cut/generic trunks look that turned him into random CAW 78.

The problem with NJPW is they kept spamming the same dudes in the main event picture for YEARS.

After the 85th time of seeing Okada, Tana, and Naito matches they start to wear thin.

They did sprinkle some new blood in the main event scene like my mans Shingo, Sonata, EVIL :smile:rolleyes), Omega, Ospreay but those dudes are getting up there in age (Shingo), no one cares about them (Sonata, EVIL) or they bounced from NJPW altogether (Omega, Ospreay).

Now they stuck with aging Naito and can hardly move handsome Tanahashi.

What happened to SHO and YOH? Those dudes seem like they were gonna be the future of New Japanese.

I saw this an of course Vince will get the blame but SB was a grown human man when he did this si he has to take any backlash that comes from this whenever it's brought up.

Vince is a horrible human being.

Yes and no. Racism is terrible and stereotyping is bad, but we also have to have a sense of humor where everyone can get it.

Still, very cringe in today’s world. It’s like watching the Hangover today. Doesn’t hit the same with the humor, but it fit that era.

The most important thing is that we evolve and grow. That’s where Vince failed. His humor, and overall sense of entertainment, was generations behind the times.

Back
Top Bottom