2025 NBA Draft Thread

Just peeped Lamelo's splits internationally.....35/24/73 on high volume. I love players who can pass, but idk i might be out on him.

There's a clear ceiling here and I think we all know how important it is for your PG to be able to shoot. No one likes a high volume point guard who cant shoot.

Is he a more athletic Rubio? Less athletic Simmons? Rondo? All guys who are atleast above average defenders. Can he play similar defense?

I’ve always been skeptical of his shooting ability. He shows off range that looks fun on tape...but every time I’ve seen the stats...from Hs to aau to the nbl...the percentages are poor.

Melo needs to improve his shot selection. He takes a lot of bad shot and difficult shots. That's part to blame for his FG%

He takes a lot of bad shot and difficult shots.

It definitely plays a part. I dont really care about his form, players had terrible forms and still hit shots. You would think his % would be higher since he's able to penetrate and finish in the paint a lot better than his brother.

I’ve always been skeptical of his shooting ability. He shows off range that looks fun on tape...but every time I’ve seen the stats...from Hs to aau to the nbl...the percentages are poor.
To be fair, Ice Trays was the same way, and it looks like he may be turning the corner a bit...We’ll have to wait and see with Lamelo.

Y'all tried to make me a villain a month ago when I suggested drafting a guard who was average athletically and a poor shooter no. 1 was crazy...

Trae shot 36% on 10 attempts at OU, 47% in the EYBL going into his senior year. Don’t do this.
32% in Big 12 play, 27% in SL, and then 32% as a rookie (And yes I acknowledge that these are still better numbers than Lamelo is currently shooting). Similar to Lamelo, he always displayed great range, but the shots weren't always falling at a great clip. This year, they are, and it's showed how dangerous of a player he can be if he can maintain that kind of shooting.

I know people act like I'm crazy anytime something that could potentially be deemed as negative is said about Tray, but in this case, it was really just showing that perhaps Lamelo could similarly improve as someone that plays a style that resembles his own, in Trae clearly did.

Once again, free throw percentage is the best predictor of how well someone will shoot at the next level.

Lamelo should be a better shooter than his brother, but Trae is the best shooter since Steph, comparing him to someone like LaMelo is honestly insulting. Trae has been an elite shooter since AAU/HS. It's much easier to honestly score in the NBA then it is the NCAA, which is why you have seen Trae's shooting numbers return to those levels since Oklahoma.

If your a GM drafting someone and hoping that they'll be worthy of the selection if their shot gets up to Trae's level is basically asking to get fired.

32% in Big 12 play, 27% in SL, and then 32% as a rookie (And yes I acknowledge that these are still better numbers than Lamelo is currently shooting). Similar to Lamelo, he always displayed great range, but the shots weren't always falling at a great clip. This year, they are, and it's showed how dangerous of a player he can be if he can maintain that kind of shooting.

I know people act like I'm crazy anytime something that could potentially be deemed as negative is said about Tray, but in this case, it was really just showing that perhaps Lamelo could similarly improve as someone that plays a style that resembles his own, in Trae clearly did.
We only call you crazy when you say crazy things, like when I said Trae should be a 35% shooter in the league, you then said at that rate Luka should be a 45% :lol:

A teenager shooting 36/86 on extremely high volume college isnt “turning a corner” if he becomes a decent shooter in the league, no matter how you slice up the college schedule man :lol:

Back to Melo, if I’m a GM with my job on the line every year, I’d struggle taking a guard with average-decent athleticism with those splits.

Going to wait to see what these college PG prospects look like after about half the season or so before I can judge how Lamelo should be stacked up against them. Don't have enough familiarity with any of them yet.

Knicks fan here.

Tell me who would be the only choice for us.

Wiseman?
Anthony?
Hampton?
Ball?
Edwards?

Knicks fan here.

Tell me who would be the only choice for us.

Wiseman?
Anthony?
Hampton?
Ball?
Edwards?
The Knicks still in talent acquisition mode so they should take the best player available picking that high...They not in the position to think about fit or need

But depending on if they see Frank and DSJ in their long term plans, they gon be thin on backcourt players

If yo measures out with at least a 7 foot wingspan then that is very likely :lol: :smh: ... Think he can go higher in this draft long as he maintains the numbers and the Terps are a top 10 team all season
He definitely bulked up over the summer which is good to see. Need him to just be consistent with the inside/out game.

Back
Top Bottom