2025 NBA Draft Thread

Speedy reovery to the kid. Really like his game. Cant stand this release though, but i guess it doesnt matter since he's efficient with it.

1581355710261.png

Watched Cole's last 3 games. Dude is such a chuck. Definition of a volume scorer, missing open guys, terrible defensively, he's got a lot of bad habits. Idk if it a low basketball IQ or he's just a product of his environment.

Every PG in this draft has major weaknesses.

I hope not. He can score for sure, but if you're looking for a point guard that makes others better idk. Kid might carve out a great 6th man career though.

Nico strikes me as a better lead guard from a facilitating standpoint, but his jumper has been pretty underwhelming. Everything about it looks good, but it just doesn’t fall at the clip I though it would.

That's the highest I've seen Okoro yet. If he is as stout defensively as I've read then TWolves should consider him. In a supposed weak draft, you could justify taking him higher. Seems like he could be in the OG type mold? From YT he seems to move his feet pretty well and has athleticism

Didn't realize Deni was shooting so poorly from the FT line. That's a concern but so far he and Okoro seem like should be targets for the Wolves

If the Wolves are serious about the rebuild, they need a rim protector next to KAT. Ideally you'd want these two to be able to share the majority of their minutes together and be a vertical lob threat. Doesn't necessarily need to be in this draft but yeah

B Sox B Sox

I want Lamelo in a knicks uniform.

Thoughts?
His upside/potential is worth it for the Knicks in a draft like this.

Definitely skilled, but I’m not sure how good of a shooter he actually is. Lacks some of the athleticism that his brother has, but is craftier.

If everything goes right for him, maybe he can be like a smaller, poor man’s Luka?

I’d rather have Edwards if he’s on the board, but if he’s gone, why not take Lamelo.

I think Lavar won't be a distraction if Lamelo is drafted by the Knicks.

At least I hope not.

We definitely need a franchise PG. If he's not there when we pick, I wouldn't mind Cole Anthony.

It’ll be a disaster if your 3 best young prospects can’t shoot.
Yeah that's the rough part for the Knicks because it's certainly a possibility that LaMelo or Cole won't be good shooters. Maybe Haliburton? Just doesn't have a high ceiling as you may like.

Just hoping we’re in a position to draft Edwards. I like Haliburton but NBA shooting coaches are gonna mess up his shot somehow someway.

Cole is shooting >40% from the field while shooting a lot

yet I see Knicks people to say not to read too much into his numbers because of their season. Uhhh

Cole is shooting >40% from the field while shooting a lot

yet I see Knicks people to say not to read too much into his numbers because of their season. Uhhh

Thats what I’m tryna figure out. Is he volume scorer because his teammates suck? Or is that just who he is. The games I’ve watched there’s been some really piss poor decisions by him.

Thats what I’m tryna figure out. Is he volume scorer because his teammates suck? Or is that just who he is. The games I’ve watched there’s been some really piss poor decisions by him.

Garrison Brooks is their best player and where the offense should run through. When they went on a little 3 game winning streak recently he was the focal point in those wins. Cole just chucks and isn’t a high efficiency shooter. His assist numbers are piss poor but he does rebound well for his position. He’s done nothing but hurt his stock this year. His debut was his best game all year. He’s not a threat from the 3pt line currently. He went from a top 3 projection to now clinging to the lottery.

Lamelo is better and the Knicks should take him if they have the chance

So....what's it look like?

:lol:
It's a long write up but:

1. Cavs - Anthony Edwards
2. Warriors - James Wiseman
3. Knicks - LaMelo Ball
4. Hawks - Deni Avdija
5. T'Wolves - Tyrese Maxey
6. Hornets - Cole Anthony
7. Pistons - Killian Hayes
8. Bulls - Isaac Okoro