Onyeka Okongwu, USC
Patrick Williams, FSU
Paul Reed, DePaul
Killian Hayes, France
Ashton Hagans, Kentucky
Elijah Hughes, Syracuse
Desmond Bane, TCU
Tyrell Terry, Stanford

Vecenie’s 2020 NBA Draft Big Board  3 0  The internationals make their move – The Athletic.png

Watched Arizona/USC last night. I really like Okongwu. Really good defensive instincts. Runs the floor well. Has some decent moves in the post. Pretty good FT shooter, so while he doesn’t shoot 3s now, maybe he can stretch the floor down the line a little bit in a different system. I think he’s a top 5 talent in this draft. May fall back a little if teams don’t need a big. He gets compared to Bam, and I don’t think it’s all that far off as least from what he was in college. Okongwu might actually be a little more polished.

Another disappointing outing from Mannion. He’s a really good passer but he just isn’t hitting the 3s and runners like he did at the beginning of the season. If he’s not doing that, he really isn’t having much of an impact on the game.

Zeke Nnaji was ok. Should project to be a solid energy big.

Josh Green didn’t play.

I haven't watched any Duke games, but my assumption is that he's probably more of a Jahlil Okafor type?
little more athletic then okafor but okafor back to the basket is 20x's more better. dont get me wrong kid has game too but he aint okafor.

little more athletic then okafor but okafor back to the basket is 20x's more better. dont get me wrong kid has game too but he aint okafor.
Yeah Okafor was an elite back to basket player on the college level. Was more so just talking about the big/slower archetype.

Yeah Okafor was an elite back to basket player on the college level. Was more so just talking about the big/slower archetype.
He's a better athlete than Okafor I'd say, but less skilled. He doesn't really have any one elite skill offensively, he just kinda does a bunch of things well. May be a back of the rotation guy, but maybe someone else sees something more in a weak draft.

I was just about to ask is Lamelo stock in the draft still high. Not even sure what’s going on with him at the moment

I was just about to ask is Lamelo stock in the draft still high. Not even sure what’s going on with him at the moment

I think he won ROY over there and he shut it down a minute ago.

with how trash these guys have looked here in the states, his stock isn’t moving down until at least after the tournament

Back
Top Bottom