2025 NBA Draft Thread

The Wolves do not need more draft prospects. they don't develop their players well. They need to cash in for established players.
Ideally, yes however finding defensive minded low usage but non negatives on offense isn’t exactly easy to find

If they aren’t able to cash in as you say then they definitely don’t need to draft more offense

Ideally, yes however finding defensive minded low usage but non negatives on offense isn’t exactly easy to find

If they aren’t able to cash in as you say then they definitely don’t need to draft more offense

Yeah...someone like Covington would be great...oh wait..

Someone’s going to pay Beasley when they canvass the landscape fully.

Minny still in best player available mode, they are not good ...They gotta make up for taking culver last year
In a draft like this, it is more difficult to glean who is bpa

If they miss out on Edwards is there a clear pecking order? Is Edwards the consensus #1 lock? Idk

In a draft like this, it is more difficult to glean who is bpa

If they miss out on Edwards is there a clear pecking order? Is Edwards the consensus #1 lock? Idk
Whoever is on top of their board just pick em, I’m saying they can’t go into the draft looking for a specific type of player when thei don’t have much but an offensive big and PG...they are the western conference Hawks

Culver’s mechanics are so awful and he needs to able to shoot cause he doesn’t have enough sauce to get by
Him and the Zhaire Smith are head scratchers from recent drafts...They weren’t special in college and had nothing specific you can point to as being a lock for the league...You could see the bust potential from a mile away

Culver’s mechanics are so awful and he needs to able to shoot cause he doesn’t have enough sauce to get by
Evan+Turner+Chicago+Bulls+v+Boston+Celtics+R6_IPCWdLHSl.jpg

EYE still want to know what people saw in Culver last year. He was basically a homeless man's Evan Turner.

Whoever is on top of their board just pick em, I’m saying they can’t go into the draft looking for a specific type of player when thei don’t have much but an offensive big and PG...they are the western conference Hawks

Him and the Zhaire Smith are head scratchers from recent drafts...They weren’t special in college and had nothing specific you can point to as being a lock for the league...You could see the bust potential from a mile away
Say Edwards, ball and toppin are off the board

Is there a real difference between the remaining players? I’m honestly asking, regardless of what Minnesota might think

If there isn’t, then I’m going with okoro, Deni over say nico and Cole despite the fact that nico and Cole could be “better”

I was hoping culver could become Walmart levert but he just doesn’t have the sauce or the athleticism.

I kind of knew zhaire was going to be a super project. this dude was a big man on every level in HS. and he’s like 6-3 so he won’t be able to become a airplane mode. He always gave off best case scenario Shannon Brown vibes

I was hoping culver could become Walmart levert but he just doesn’t have the sauce or the athleticism.

I kind of knew zhaire was going to be a super project. this dude was a big man on every level in HS. and he’s like 6-3 so he won’t be able to become a airplane mode. He always gave off best case scenario Shannon Brown vibes
Caris a bonafide scorer man. Would've put up much bigger numbers if he weren't in Beilein's balanced system. Never got those vibes from Culver.

Caris a bonafide scorer man. Would've put up much bigger numbers if he weren't in Beilein's balanced system. Never got those vibes from Culver.

I get that but I was speaking more towards the playmaking. I’ll probably take the L. But draft express compared him to Dekobe

Funny thing is if the Lakers had kept the #4 pick, I wanted Culver. But that's only because the payoff of a good wing these days is huge.

Funny thing is if the Lakers had kept the #4 pick, I wanted Culver. But that's only because the payoff of a good wing these days is huge.
Second sentence is very much true. The biggest issue I had with Culver though was the combo of poor shooting (with not so great form) AND a lack of top end athleticism. Just don't think your ceiling is going to be very high if you don't have at least one of those at the wing position. Especially if you are going to be a high pick. Outside of those two things, he was a jack of all trades master of none. With that said, his shooting can improve a bit and he can potentially be a solid contributor.

Going into the draft, I thought DeAndre Hunter was for sure better than him as far as wings go, and that Cam Reddish had a much higher ceiling if he can figure things out. Higher bust potential than Culver if he didn't. The one thing Reddish did show me in his disappointing season at Duke was that he had a good amount of defensive potential. Bigger and better athlete than Culver. Even if you suck offensively, if you can provide decent wing defense, you are going to get minutes early in the league.

I agree with half

If Hunter and Reddish can keep improving defensively, I don't think they needed to draft a big. They traded back for Dedmon already or they could find a big in free agency. Harder to find those versatile wing defenders who can also do stuff on offense

Back
Top Bottom