2025 NBA Draft Thread

Ben is probably making an all-nba & all-defense team at 23 years old.

I’d imagine he could absolutely fetch a top 5 pick & Zach Lavine who has accomplished nothing in his career.

He's an all world defender for sure, I wouldn't classify him as a 2 way player when his offensive game is so limited.

Screenshot_20200821-074001_Chrome.jpg

People laughed when I said BI was going to be the best player from that draft.

He's not really. He's been the same dude he was since he was at LSU.

As harsh as I am on Simmons, I disagree. I think he took multiple steps forward this year.

He's learned to play aggressively when Embiid went out and figured out how to get to the line more. He's not nearly as passive as he used to be.

He's also improved as a defender and is a 1st team defensive player.

He improved his scoring around the paint.

He took 2 threes this year as opposed to one last year and none the year before.

Yes, the last point was sarcasm.

But for real, everyone is too focused on what he doesn't do that they're overlooking what he's doing .

Think the Hawks are good in the frontcourt. Need another guard, not sold on Haliburton, but he would fit well there.

As harsh as I am on Simmons, I disagree. I think he took multiple steps forward this year.

He's learned to play aggressively when Embiid went out and figured out how to get to the line more. He's not nearly as passive as he used to be.

He took 2 threes this year as opposed to one last year and none the year before.

But for real, everyone is too focused on what he doesn't do that they're overlooking what he's doing .
He started to improve around December when he started playing PF more often

😆 you can't make this up. Every single category is virtually the same.

Screenshot_20200821-074438_Chrome.jpg

He shot a couple 3s but his attempts outside the paint have actually decreased.

I'm Not Huge on Simmons but i would Do Lavine & the 4th for him in a Heartbeat. Simmons is just flat out better & still fits their timeline

17/8/8 with the best perimeter defense in the league while playing in a less than ideal situation isn't anything to scoff at, IMO. I'd definitely rather have that than Brandon Ingram. Not a slight to BI either.

Why didn't they try and trade for Ratsull?

I believe the entire Sixers delegation was wanting that since last year but Brown thought Ben was a PG and Brand thought Al Horford was a better target.

Back
Top Bottom