2025 NBA Draft Thread

If the Wolves are aiming to make the playoffs next season, should they consider training their pick for a legit third star?

Their draft/ player development record is not impressive and there are more questions in this draft than others. If I were them, I would go for a sure-fire star instead.

If you build Simmons a Houston/Mavs type team would he flourish ? And possibly run him at the 4/5 with a stretch big on defense but let him orchestrate the offense ?

If you build Simmons a Houston/Mavs type team would he flourish ? And possibly run him at the 4/5 with a stretch big on defense but let him orchestrate the offense ?

harden and Luka can get 40. A lot of their shot creation is because you can’t check them and they are great PNR players.

Ben ain’t either

Reactions: MVP
harden and Luka can get 40. A lot of their shot creation is because you can’t check them and they are great PNR players.

Ben ain’t either

I feel you. But with how soft the league is if he improved on his FT shooting and bullied ppl to the basket, the NBA would give him calls every single time.

For sure. And you're currently wrong now :lol:

Simmons is a way better defender and a great passer. BI is 10x more skilled of a scorer, he can create offense for others, as frail as he is he's still a good rebounder. BI doesn't need a bunch of "if you give him this he can shine, if, if, if". He doesn't clog up your offense.

BI has shown a willingness to improve his game every single year. Avg 24, 5 and 6 and he's still 23. 17,8,8 are good numbers but when can't/scared to shoot it's not all that good. He's almost big Lonzo. :lol:

It’s a bit dated to look at players this way, but my franchise player can’t average 10 a game in a semi finals and give me multiple single digit games

Simmons, at this point is a cap Sheet killer. Stay away

For a championship contending team? At his price? I think so. It’s a HUGE strain on your cap sheet when you’re paying Simmons tier 1 kind of money

If the Wolves are aiming to make the playoffs next season, should they consider training their pick for a legit third star?

Their draft/ player development record is not impressive and there are more questions in this draft than others. If I were them, I would go for a sure-fire star instead.
They can’t take any more salary since KAT and Dlo will be making max money. Beas due for an extension too

The only NBA offseason thread is locked. Essentially we have 3 active NBA threads:
- An NBA thread on the current playoffs currently taking place, right now.
- An NBA draft thread.
- An NBA 'Victory Lap' thread, which used to serve as the main NBA discussion thread.

3 threads should be enough to facilitate a large majority of the NBA discussions that takes place right now.

The 2020 playoff thread is already serving it's purpose as a place to discuss current playoff games and series:

'Trade' has been added to this thread's title, since obviously trading is a huge part of the entire draft process and draft conversation. Logically, that seems a fitting place for those conversations, being that they're is no offseason thread (and doesn't really need to be).

Any other NBA conversations that don't have anything to do with drafting or trading or the current playoffs, like offseason signings for free agency or whatever doesn't fit those 2 threads:

Open to suggestions, but that's what I think regarding conversations over the next few weeks/months/ moving forward.

Vassell
Nesmith
Hayes
Hailburton
Toppin

One of them will be there at 8. It's why I'm not too tight about moving down in this draft.

Ask ten scouts to rank those prospects & they'd all give you different rankings.

Serious question fellas, after the Bucks loses in the ECSF or ECF and Giannis doesn't want to sign an extension, what would you do if you were the GM?

They can’t take any more salary since KAT and Dlo will be making max money. Beas due for an extension too

If they will get a star, Beas is most likely out of there. If a deal can be done, I am sure they can make the numbers work.

Serious question fellas, after the Bucks loses in the ECSF or ECF and Giannis doesn't want to sign an extension, what would you do if you were the GM?
Trade and get whatever you can. Considering how cap space will be limited due to Rona, only select teams will have space outright. Plenty of teams will be willing to give a lot for Yanni

Back
Top Bottom