2025 NBA Draft Thread

Sure. What's the market for a big that can't stretch the floor and costs $18M though?

There were basically no takers for him at the trade deadline.
“Bad” contracts get moved every year, somebody’s run running 5 could get hurt. You run with all 3 to start the year, bringing big O off the bench. Hawks stay healthy & tread .500 he’ll have a market.

I certainly didn’t look at the Hawks when healthylast year and think they needed more offense.

I think Lavine and 4 is roughly the ballpark for Simmons.

You ain't building **** around Lavine and being competitive.

LaVine is a 2nd option at best and a tier below Simmons. Simmons can be a legit franchise player.

I do think Ben should try to improve his playmaking abilities. He's an excellent passer, but he does not orchestrate an offence.

LaVine is a 2nd option at best and a tier below Simmons. Simmons can be a legit franchise player.

I do think Ben should try to improve his playmaking abilities. He's an excellent passer, but he does not orchestrate an offence.

Franchise player? Hell no

I rather fire management and coaching than let them have any more input on personnel if I were the Sixers.

Ideally, it would be ownership first. Coaching second, management third. But Ownership and management are much harder battles to fight.

I think so solely based on how he played without Embiid.

what decent teams did Ben Simmons lead teams beat? I’m not building around a guy with 3 foot range that isn’t an elite 1 on 1 player. And he won’t shoot. And he’s good for giving you 8/8/8

Reactions: MVP
Haliburton. Easy.
Looks like my big O prophecy will come to fruition :pimp: Deni or probably Haliburton be in play also. Great spot to be in.
Think the Hawks are good in the frontcourt. Need another guard, not sold on Haliburton, but he would fit well there.

Yea when I look at our squad I think guard is the next area we need an injection of talent in. I like Hueter but if we really trying to transition to a team that can at least contend around the bottom seeds again I don’t see us doing that with him as starting guard. Think he’s a very good role player at best as of right now

haliburton might be the move.

I think Killian Hayes is my favorite prospect in the draft.

But maybe it's because he reminds me of D'Lo.

How many games did Lavine-Wiggins-KAT play together because that’s what I’m envisioning a DLo-Edwards-KAT trio would play like.

It’s a bit dated to look at players this way, but my franchise player can’t average 10 a game in a semi finals and give me multiple single digit games

Simmons, at this point is a cap Sheet killer. Stay away

Yea when I look at our squad I think guard is the next area we need an injection of talent in. I like Hueter but if we really trying to transition to a team that can at least contend around the bottom seeds again I don’t see us doing that with him as starting guard. Think he’s a very good role player at best as of right now

haliburton might be the move.

And Haliburton would be starting in this scenario?

It’s a bit dated to look at players this way, but my franchise player can’t average 10 a game in a semi finals and give me multiple single digit games

Simmons, at this point is a cap Sheet killer. Stay away
Cap sheet killer seems like a MASSIVE stretch.

And Haliburton would be starting in this scenario?
I wouldn’t expect it immediately. If we do draft him I’d still start Huerter right now cause he would need time. Just speculating on if he can become that guy if we take him, could be worth the chance.

Cap sheet killer seems like a MASSIVE stretch.
If him and Lavine are max-level guys - and unfortunately, they probably are - I'd rather pay Simmons than Lavine.

But wouldn't pound the table and argue all day about it either way.

If him and Lavine are max-level guys - and unfortunately, they probably are - I'd rather pay Simmons than Lavine.

But wouldn't pound the table and argue all day about it either way.

It’s not apples to apples but Simmons is making almost $100 Ms more than Zach.

I know who I would like pay

Back
Top Bottom