2025 NBA Draft Thread

EhlMwLSUwAEv9B3

He's gonna shoot 40% from 3 in the league and ya'll gonna learn to like it. Honestly, some NBA team is gonna try to change his form and probably mess up any chance he had at being decent.

I don't want us to take Haliburton. I know we badly need a floor spreading PG to run offense but I like Nesmith too much.
I think he has the potential to be an amazing 3&D player in this league and we need floor spreading AND defense.

We can take a guard with one of our lower picks. Markus Howard's offense is definitely NBA ready but he's short and old so he'll be around for whenever we want, 27 or 38. He could be a good bench guy. A little proper development and we've got an Isaiah Thomas on our hands. The good version. Brinks truck slides Isaiah not Cavs Isaiah. Tyrell Terry would be a steal at 27.

The form is ugly looking, but Haliburton is going to be a knockdown C&S guy with range, that can also put the ball on the floor and hit runners or find the open man. Plays good team defense too. Will be the ultimate glue guy on a really good team. Not sure what more you could ask for if you aren't picking in the top 5 of this, or really any draft.

He's basically what everyone wants Lonzo to be. And that isn't bad.

I think George Hill is a good comp. Don't think he has Lonzo's intangibles or bball IQ.

I think George Hill is a good comp. Don't think he has Lonzo's intangibles or bball IQ.
What exactly are Lonzo's intangibles though?

Haliburton has great vision in both halfcourt and transition and reads passing lanes at an elite level.

Incredibly #HighIQ player.

If he had the ability to score off the dribble he'd be the unquestionable #1 pick. But he doesn't. So he's going to go 6-10.

What exactly are Lonzo's intangibles though?

Haliburton has great vision in both halfcourt and transition and reads passing lanes at an elite level.

Incredibly #HighIQ player.

If he had the ability to score off the dribble he'd be the unquestionable #1 pick. But he doesn't. So he's going to go 6-10.
It's hard to explain.

It just stuck out watching Zo at UCLA.

Lonzo has that pop for some reason.
IMO that "pop" is just better athleticism, but it isn't really functional since he's petrified of the paint.

I'll take the better shooting/craftiness/floater instead.

Pretty sure he's one of the best passers in this draft. Haliburtons IQ is very high, not even from an assist standpoint. He just seems to always make the right play or read on both sides of the ball.

He can honestly fit on any team with a scoring point guard. Warriors should draft him after moving down.

I feel like there's about to be a million trades during the draft.

I should clarify I do like Haliburton, more than any other PG in the draft, yes even Melo. If we took him I'd be perfectly happy.
I just prefer Nesmith. He's got a good frame on him and his shooting is sublime. He's way ahead of the curve on off-ball movement and positioning behind the line. When he gets an open shot you know it's more than likely going in. If he ever learns to shoot off the dribble the league's ******. That's his biggest problem. You run him off the line and he's just barreling towards the paint. I prefer Haliburton in those situations.

I should clarify I do like Haliburton, more than any other PG in the draft, yes even Melo. If we took him I'd be perfectly happy

If we had FVV or a scoring point then I'd take Haliburton too. He cant really break down defenses. Think a better 3pt shooting Frank :lol:

If Hailburton got the weird form why are some ppl so convinced he’ll make shots in the league? Don’t see anything in his game that would say he will be for sure better than Lonzo ...He was probly even a better prospect coming out

Teams should be learning, you need your lotto guards to be able to attack the rim relentlessly or score anywhere on the court off the dribble at this point in the NBA ...Check for all the other types later in the draft that don’t got the BBB marketing :lol:

Feels like the hawks are better off trading the pick for a vet regardless of who is available.
As they should...If they serious bout making the playoffs like they been saying then don’t bring another rookie into mix like last year ...They still gotta get most of their picks from last year up to speed...Hawks need another ball handler/playmaker and another wing defender as insurance for whenver Huerter is hurt

If we had FVV or a scoring point then I'd take Haliburton too. He cant really break down defenses. Think a better 3pt shooting Frank :lol:
I think we'd see good growth from him as a primary playmaker, far more than Frank. Tyrese has a good bball IQ where you know he's not gonna do some stupid ****. But I agree as a secondary playmaker he'd be perfect.

Melo's decision making abroad just makes me not trust him. I don't like inefficiency before you even hit the league.
The defense is just gonna get better. Scrawny Australian Westbrook with better court vision.

Back
Top Bottom