2025 NBA Draft Thread

Nobody values the top picks in this draft. They aren't going to get anyone worthwhile that moves the needle.

Their pick in the 2021 draft that Golden State holds is the far more valuable trade chip.

Playmaking bigs have ALWAYS been looked at as a major asset though. It's nothing new.

Eh...you can argue that scoring have always been looked at as a major asset for PGs, but today, it has changed from a cherry on top to being a requirement. I think the evolution of the big man will follow a similar path in the years ahead. Just a personal opinion.

Nobody values the top picks in this draft. They aren't going to get anyone worthwhile that moves the needle.

Their pick in the 2021 draft that Golden State holds is the far more valuable trade chip.

You are probably right for a Beal type of player, but for someone like John Collins or Isaac? I'd say it's pretty realistic. I wouldn't overestimate the IQ of some of these GMs either.

Eh...you can argue that scoring have always been looked at as a major asset for PGs, but today, it has changed from a cherry on top to being a requirement. I think the evolution of the big man will follow a similar path in the years ahead. Just a personal opinion.
Teams have been taking swings at bigs in the top 5 forever hoping to get a difference maker. Playmaking =/= just setting up others.

Since 2010 you had the following playmaking bigs taken in the Top 5 that actually hit big- Boogie, AD, Embiid, KAT, Porzingis, Ayton, Jaren Jackson, Zion. Almost one per year.

Tons of others also drafted in the top 5 during that time with hopes that they could be- Favors, Kanter, Tristan Thompson, Valancunias, Thomas Robinson, Anthony Bennett, Cody Zeller, Alex Len, Jahlil Okafor, Dragon Bender, Marvin Bagley

All of these guys were looked at to have some level of playmaking potential and teams were very much ready to take a swing on them at the top of the draft.

Teams have been taking swings at bigs in the top 5 forever hoping to get a difference maker. Playmaking =/= just setting up others.

Since 2010 you had the following playmaking bigs taken in the Top 5 that actually hit big- Boogie, AD, Embiid, KAT, Porzingis, Ayton, Jaren Jackson, Zion. Almost one per year.

Tons of others also drafted in the top 5 during that time with hopes that they could be- Favors, Kanter, Tristan Thompson, Valancunias, Thomas Robinson, Anthony Bennett, Cody Zeller, Alex Len, Jahlil Okafor, Dragon Bender, Marvin Bagley

All of these guys were looked at to have some level of playmaking potential and teams were very much ready to take a swing on them at the top of the draft.

I'm sorry but it seems that we are in a disagreement here, Embiid, Porzingiz, JJJ and Ayton do not qualify as playmaking bigs. By playmaking, I mean having high IQ, having the ability to run plays and being an a good/ above avg passer. Not a good passer for a "big" but a good passer in general. I'm talking Al Horford, C Webb, and Divac types of players. With Point guards now taking on more of the scoring duties, I can see bigs being expected to share the playmaking load.

What in the hell is that? WHY?

2340EDAD-0E51-4533-8703-DC0DC2232C26.jpeg

You are probably right for a Beal type of player, but for someone like John Collins or Isaac? I'd say it's pretty realistic. I wouldn't overestimate the IQ of some of these GMs either.
If the Hawks are smart Collins shouldn't be available until at least the next trade deadline...They have to see what their full young core squad looks like

Was high on Vassell for the Knicks, idk after that release. These trainers stay messing up careers tryna change forms.

Back
Top Bottom