2025 NBA Draft Thread

Also, as much as I like him, people going overboard with "Okongwu is the next Bam" stuff too. If he doesn't develop the playmaking ability, he's more like Daniel Theis than he is Bam. Seems like folks are just penciling it in that it'll happen.

Low risk high reward for the Cs in that spot though for that hypothetical trade.

N41D N41D I got another one for you that I saw online....

Dallas gets- Hayward
Boston gets- Gallo ($15M S&T), Seth Curry, #18
OKC gets- #30

OKC basically gets a free pick for playing along. Dallas gets a good sidekick for Luka as long as he's healthy and still gives them cap flexibility for next offseason. Boston gets to fill their bench with good role players.

So Boston gets some cap relief, a nice little draft pick, a solid bench guy on a cheap contract? Robbery attempt if I've ever seen one.

Is that you Danny Ainge? B Sox B Sox

So Boston gets some cap relief, a nice little draft pick, a solid bench guy on a cheap contract? Robbery attempt if I've ever seen one.

Is that you Danny Ainge? B Sox B Sox
Who is Boston robbing? This trade is clearly making Dallas better this year while still giving them future cap flexibility. Hayward is much better than Seth Curry and whatever 18 will be. Gallo is leaving OKC anyways. They get a pick as consolation.

I think Dallas values Curry's shooting a lot.

Did Wanamaker's play in the playoffs warrant him to return?

I think Dallas values Curry's shooting a lot.

Did Wanamaker's play in the playoffs warrant him to return?
I'm sure they do. It's not like Hayward can't shoot though. He was 50/38/86 last year and is a much better playmaker, rebounder, and defender. Legit secondary playmaker that they don't currently have.

I think some team is going to offer Wanamaker more than Boston will be wiling to pay him. He's a solid backup. Decent shooter and defender. Would gladly have him back if all it costs is his $2M qualifying offer though.

Curry, Gallo, and a pick?!?!?!

Lol come on.

You see it right :lol:

The Tatum-Jaylen-Heyward Three Headed Monster experiment is going to come to an end. I don't see any way they give WPG a second big bag to go along with the two bags already invested in the J's.

So not only do you get out of that conundrum, you acquire multiple assets for guys who are actually role players versus a star being asked to play down in his role.

Heyward in all likelihood is walking away from Boston without Boston getting anything back. You've found a way to get 3 assets back in this.

Robbery.

You see it right :lol:

The Tatum-Jaylen-Heyward Three Headed Monster experiment is going to come to an end. I don't see any way they give WPG a second big bag to go along with the two bags already invested in the J's.

So not only do you get out of that conundrum, you acquire multiple assets for guys who are actually role players versus a star being asked to play down in his role.

Heyward in all likelihood is walking away from Boston without Boston getting anything back. You've found a way to get 3 assets back in this.

Robbery.

You think Hayward will opt out of the $34M?

If I was him I would opt in, have a healthy 2020-2021 somewhere to increase my value going into UFA in 2021.

What do you think he'd demand in free agency this year if he opts out?

You think Hayward will opt out of the $34M?

If I was him I would opt in, have a healthy 2020-2021 somewhere to increase my value going into UFA in 2021.

All of that is going to depend on where they set the Salary Cap at.

I think he opts in for his 34. Ainge lets this group go after one more time. But I don't think Ainge will extend him after that. I think WPG walks from Boston after next season.

Which is why I'm viewing that hypothetical trade as a robbery. Two cost effective assets AND an actual role player for a guy who I believe will leave the franchise the following year.

Dont think he opts out unless he wants to secure long term contract for much less.

Weak FA class so some team might get desperate and give him something around the 15 mill range, but very tiny chance he walks from a 1 year 34 mill deal imo.

All of that is going to depend on where they set the Salary Cap at.

I think he opts in for his 34. Ainge lets this group go after one more time. But I don't think Ainge will extend him after that. I think WPG walks from Boston after next season.

Which is why I'm viewing that hypothetical trade as a robbery. Two cost effective assets AND an actual role player for a guy who I believe will leave the franchise the following year.

Yeah he definitely ain't extending him unless Hayward went and took an extremely team friendly deal (which is what I think Ainge was looking for Horford to do). That's also unlikely.

Celtics should just keep their core. The only weakness I saw was depth.

If Rob Williams becomes playable for longer stretches and they add a couple of bench playoff proven contributors/vets through FA they should be fine.

Hit on a pick to add to that depth and you're golden too.

There is ZERO chance he opts out.

Also seems like you aren't really comprehending the deal. It could basically be looked at as 2 separate trades. First is Hayward for Curry and the 18th pick. Dallas is certainly not being robbed here. They are coming away with the far superior player that can help that compete this year while also giving them the cap flexibility to go after a bigger fish the following offseason. Immediately makes them a better basketball team.

Then when it comes to Gallo, it basically would have to be him saying he'd want to come to Boston for more money and more seasons than he would get with anybody else's MLE. Instead of just losing him for absolutely nothing, which in all likelihood they will, they get a pick in return.

You guys are focusing too much on what is incoming to Boston rather than what the others are getting. Are you actually telling me that OKC getting absolutely nothing at all is better than them getting a pick? That's certainly what it sounds like.

tradenba-snap-1603308150872.png

Feels like OKC should get a pick back, but it would be an overpay from either Minnesota or Milwaukee. Maybe a pair of seconds would suffice OKC?

Why did/do I like Tyus so much, but I want to avoid Tre lol

Tyus is the better shooter and better college player.

Tre has gotten bigger and more explosive since the end of the season. Hip issue bothered him all season long and said it was effecting every movement. You atleast know you’re getting good defense from day 1 with him

Back
Top Bottom