2025 NBA Draft Thread

Is it possible people are sleeping on Lamelo? That league he played in is no joke. Averaged 17/7/7.

He's getting the most hype out of any of the prospects so I don't think so.

He has obvious holes in his game, and they can be pretty prevalent if you pay attention to him for a whole game.

Edwards ceiling at the lowest is a Donovan Mitchell type player IMO

I think that but more so nobody has wow factor strengths nor you look at and say he's a for sure All-Star/All-NBA etc.

For sure. Anthony Edwards looks the part though. That’s why I wouldn’t blame a team tryna swing for the fences and reach for a raw prospect like Hampton or Killian in this draft.

Lots of the so called “safe picks” this year though, which is perfect for a borderline or playoff seeking team.

Swinging for the fences with the top pick is how Anthony Bennett and Kwame Brown went number one . But going safe is also how Ayton went over Trey and Luka , it's tough

Is it possible people are sleeping on Lamelo? That league he played in is no joke. Averaged 17/7/7.
Putting up counting stats playing his garbage style of basketball on 38/25/72 splits on the worst team in the league where he had free rein to do whatever he wanted. Nah.

I mean did you just choose to leave out half of what I said? :lol:

He has the handle, vision, and shot selection of Tray. HOWEVER, he is a terrible shooter with awful mechanics. Pathetic defensively.

If the jumper doesn't improve SIGNIFICANTLY, what kind of player do you have? A guy that can dribble and pass that sucks at everything else.

Yah I disagree with all that other stuff, really like lamelo as a paint finisher in a more spaced nba. Has nice touch on the floater, and good with both hands, has a lot in his bag finishing wise.

And I don't think he's pathetic defensively, I think hers going to be a solid NBA defender, and maybe even a really good one.

He has great instincts and size, he has the stuff you can't teach on defender just needs more discipline. By virtue of being 6'6 he'll already be better than try young.

Yeah if the shooting doesn't come around he probably won't be good, I never said he had a high floor.

He just very obviously has the highest ceiling and I don't.understand the point of picking in the top 5 if not to get a player with star upside.

And the rest of them dudes I just don't see it.

Here's that Lamelo discussion from the Ringer pod. I still see him going top 3. Just might not be to one of the teams currently slotted there.

Last edited:
Here's that Lamelo discussion from the Ringer pod. I still see him going top 3. Just might not be to one of the teams currently slotted there.

Who tf is the dude on the right? He's claiming Ball and Hampton's draft stock could be suffering because they went to Australia rather than playing American college ball? idk if I'm buying that at all, especially considering the circumstances of this year

Who tf is the dude on the right? He's claiming Ball and Hampton's draft stock could be suffering because they went to Australia rather than playing American college ball? idk if I'm buying that at all, especially considering the circumstances of this year
Chris Vernon. Does media for the Grizzlies. He’s the barbershop to KOC’s blog boy.

seems dumb to me.

tryna hit "a double" or single with a top 3 pick.

okay i guess.

i dunno, doesn't make sense to me, i guess maybe i cans squint and say fine do that if you're GSW. but everyone else is buggin.

charlotte loves james wiseman, okay lets say you take Lamelo and he busts....

are you in tears because you missed out on a above average starting center,

the most replaceable position in basketball?

seems dumb to me.

tryna hit "a double" or single with a top 3 pick.

okay i guess.

i dunno, doesn't make sense to me, i guess maybe i cans squint and say fine do that if you're GSW. but everyone else is buggin.

charlotte loves james wiseman, okay lets say you take Lamelo and he busts....

are you in tears because you missed out on a above average starting center,

the most replaceable position in basketball?
I get the whole perceived ceiling thing, which is why I believe he goes top 3 to someone. Don't see it being Golden State or Minnesota though.

Lamelo is flat out the worst non-big shooter that will be drafted in the top 3 in the last 20+ years. In a league where most teams already have high usage PGs, I totally get why he may not be at the top of everybody's board.

Part of me is starting to think that video of Lamelo taking set jumpshots was done on purpose. Lamar did say he wants his son in Detroit or NY. Maybe that camp is tryna move down.

No one realistically shoots like that unless it’s after a workout and you’re just throwing the ball at the hoop. Yet alone uploads a video like that.

Really have a hard time believing this dude can't be a successful 6th man in the league. Full bag offensively. Elite finisher at the rim, great in catch and shoot, and can get his own look whenever he wants. Has basically been playing 1 on 5 for the last 4 years. At 6'3" 190 he's solidly built and not a complete ****** like some of the other score first guards that come into the league. Should be able to at least hold his own defensively. Exactly what the Celtics need at 26 or 30.

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 11.30.18 AM.png

I need to watch more of Riller.

As a Laker fan, I'm liking the options of Malachi Flynn, Cassius Winston, Devon Dotson, and Tre Jones at #28. Just say no to Nico Mannion. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom