2025 NBA Draft Thread

Just watched the workout...

Maxey looks like a natural shooter, albeit with a low release. The fact that he can attack closeouts and has a good floater offsets the worries about his shot getting blocked, IMO.

Edwards didn’t look quite as good shooting, but that doesn’t necessarily need to be his strong suit in order to succeed in the league. Handle looked really tight and that combined with his athleticism and strength is going to make him a problem. He should be able to get to the hoop and get decent looks for himself with relative ease. Game just needs some refinement.

Would be a great fit in both Minnesota and Golden State. Really can’t see why Minnesota wouldn’t take him at 1 though. He actually has some defensive upside and he might be able to show it since he won’t have to be one of the team’s top two offensive options.

How was the workout? Wasn't home. Hopefully the video will pop up somewhere.

I just feel like the path to Edwards ceiling (or even middle ground) is much easier than the one for Lamelo's. Just seems like SO MUCH has to go right in order for Lamelo to be what people think he could.

Really?

imo it's basically one thing.

if he becomes a consistent shooter especially off the dribble. it 100% will work out.

that missing piece unlocks his potential.

is he going to learn to shoot? who can say?

and for the record

I wasn't super high on Lonzo

always thought Lonzo was a low ceiling prospect, high floor prospect.

His brother is the opposite to me.

I thought Edwards also lacked motor? An uber athletic guard with defensive potential, not the best shot and questionable motor? I think would their experience with Wiggins would scare them off.

Really?

imo it's basically one thing.

if he becomes a consistent shooter especially off the dribble. it 100% will work out.

that missing piece unlocks his potential.

is he going to learn to shoot? who can say?
I mean that's a pretty big deal though. He's a terrible shooter with an awful shot selection. Been playing garbage ball for the entirety of his life. Not a fan of contact so he's going to end up shooting the majority of his shots outside of the paint.

Taller Tray Young with none of the shooting ability and worse in the paint.

Edwards strength and athleticism is inherently going to get him easier looks. Better shooter than Lamelo, albeit not great. Better defensive potential.

I thought Edwards also lacked motor? An uber athletic guard with defensive potential, not the best shot and questionable motor? I think would their experience with Wiggins would scare them off.
Feel like the motor stuff has been completely overblown with him. Similar to Ben Simmons at LSU.

His coaches rave about him and he's been great in interviews.

Feel like the motor stuff has been completely overblown with him. Similar to Ben Simmons at LSU.
Here's my thing with that, and I'm readily willing to admit it's more an eyeball thing for me than anything else and I wouldn't pound the table to argue it if you felt differently...

Watching Ben Simmons at LSU... Did he really ELEVATE that team? Is he really elevating Philadelphia?

I kinda feel that same way about Edwards. Does he have THAT kinda juice?

But, at the same time, does anyone in this class?

I mean that's a pretty big deal though. He's a terrible shooter with an awful shot selection. Been playing garbage ball for the entirety of his life. Not a fan of contact so he's going to end up shooting the majority of his shots outside of the paint.

Taller Tray Young with none of the shooting ability and worse in the paint.

Edwards strength and athleticism is inherently going to get him easier looks. Better shooter than Lamelo, albeit not great. Better defensive potential.

taller trey young sounds like a really really really good player to me.

tall try young that plays better defense.

sign me up in this terrible draft.

Edwards just seems like best case a Jaylen Brown.

taller trey young sounds like a really really really good player to me.

tall try young that plays better defense.

sign me up in this terrible draft.

Edwards just seems like best case a Jaylen Brown.
I mean did you just choose to leave out half of what I said? :lol:

He has the handle, vision, and shot selection of Tray. HOWEVER, he is a terrible shooter with awful mechanics. Pathetic defensively.

If the jumper doesn't improve SIGNIFICANTLY, what kind of player do you have? A guy that can dribble and pass that sucks at everything else.

Listening to today's Ringer Pod and they had an interesting convo about Lamelo too. Doesn't seem like a lot of the folks they've talked to are on the same page with him being a top 3-5 guy. Apparently his interviews have been really bad too. Said some teams might rather just hit a single/double and get a good rotation guy than swing for the fences with Lamelo and strike out.

Listening to today's Ringer Pod and they had an interesting convo about Lamelo too. Doesn't seem like a lot of the folks they've talked to are on the same page with him being a top 3-5 guy. Apparently his interviews have been really bad too. Said some teams might rather just hit a single/double and get a good rotation guy than swing for the fences with Lamelo and strike out.

KOC is all in on Killian Hayes

Is it possible people are sleeping on Lamelo? That league he played in is no joke. Averaged 17/7/7.

Back
Top Bottom