2025 NBA Draft Thread

Can someone please tell me besides length (height) what Cade does better than Suggs

Suggs is the better athlete (not close)
Better handle
Shooting (wash)
Better on ball defender
Not sure how shooting is a wash when Suggs has significantly worse splits in a much better situation.

Suggs is also 4 inches shorter so he offers less defensive versatility.

Not sure how shooting is a wash when Suggs has significantly worse splits in a much better situation.

Suggs is also 4 inches shorter so he offers less defensive versatility.

Cade can barely dribble and jump and cats act like he's Grant Hill

****** gassing the “barely” dribble thing with Cade.

He doesn’t need to be Hot Sauce to be effective on the next level.

Bradley Beal couldn’t string together a basic combo without dribbling the ball off his foot for his first few years. Teenagers aren’t coming into the league a finished product.

Has Lamelo and Luka not proved anything to y'all yet?

Take the 6'7-6'8 Playmaker. It's not rocket science.

I think Cade has a higher ceiling, having a playmaking wing with solid handles that can score, quarterback the offense, and defend multiple positions brings a bit more to a team imo

I didn't watch PG in college (who did?), but Cade is definitely less athletic than Hayward was at Butler.

I’m not worried about his explosion at that size. Joe Johnson made a career out of his feet scraping the ground. Now his handle isn’t there but I think he’ll be fine

*men trying to figure out if the lil babies will be good when they’re not lil babies no more*

I’m not worried about his explosion at that size. Joe Johnson made a career out of his feet scraping the ground. Now his handle isn’t there but I think he’ll be fine
I think it matters more in terms of his ceiling than anything. I think he’ll probably be good regardless.

I think it matters more in terms of his ceiling than anything. I think he’ll probably be good regardless.

kind of depends on what you define as explosive though. Is Tatum explosive? Kawhi? 2021 Hayward?

I just don’t know how explosive he needs to be as a playmaking wing. He’s already got a good handle which to me is the most important thing

Last edited:
kind of depends on what you define as explosive though. Is Tatum explosive? Kawhi? 2021 Hayward?

I just don’t know how explosive he needs to be as a playmaking wing. He’s already got a good handle which to me is the most important thing to me
I think that’s a good question/point. I was also worried about Tatum’s explosiveness coming out of Duke though and he’s disproved that to an extent. But he still takes a lot of difficult shots because of his deficiencies there, which probably is the biggest limit on his ceiling. With that being said, you take a Jayson Tatum outcome if you can get it without thinking twice. I think they’re different athletes though too.

****** gassing the “barely” dribble thing with Cade.

He doesn’t need to be Hot Sauce to be effective on the next level.

Bradley Beal couldn’t string together a basic combo without dribbling the ball off his foot for his first few years. Teenagers aren’t coming into the league a finished product.

Cade got a lot of Denzel Valentine in him

Shooting is the ultimate make or break with all of the elite wing prospects. IMO, if I were a GM...I'm not scared to gamble as long as the kid isn't a non shooter (MKG) and has a work ethic.

I'm def still taking the chance on him, his form honestly looks fine too.

His jumper was the best part of his game in high school after his ups. He couldn't cerate much off the dribble at Saint Pat's

Didn't get to see any of his hs tape so interesting to hear. I'm just judging this off the past couple games. He did stroke a few in the first game so maybe he's just cold right now. Like i said above his form looks fine to me.

Shooting is the ultimate make or break with all of the elite wing prospects. IMO, if I were a GM...I'm not scared to gamble as long as the kid isn't a non shooter (MKG) and has a work ethic.

Jarrett Culver subtweet

Also free throw percentage is a good projector of overall shooting percentages in the future/if they will be efficient at the next level or can learn to be.

What does Minnesota do if they land the #3 pick...assuming Cade/Mobley go #1, 2?

On paper with the current roster...Kuminga probably makes the most sense...but Suggs is a hometown kid. Do they move on from one of D'Lo/Beasley?

Back
Top Bottom