2025 NBA Draft Thread

Warriors had the best first round were my initial thoughts when the draft ended. Moody is a perfect fit and Kuminga is the perfect project player, I didn't think Kuminga or Moody would be there for either of their picks

Give me at least a 2nd round appearance. The following year is championship or bust for me. Hopefully a healthier Klay, 3rd year wiseman, and 2nd year kuminga/moody should be good enough if they progress how i think they will.

I think the point made was that neither are going to be over Wiggins, Jordan Poole, Damian Lee this upcoming year. Maybe Moody plays over Lee? Only so many minutes to go around though.

Steph / ???
Klay / Poole
Wiggins / Otto / JTA
Draymond / Bjelica
Wiseman / Looney

Going to be an uphill battle for them to get any real PT unless Otto and Bjelica are washed and JTA/Poole end up being one-hit-wonders.

Unless they steal Schroder, I think the Warriors are going to give backup PG duties to Poole. Klay said he won't be ready until November, and even then he'll be limited so that will open up minutes.

Starters: Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Dray, Looney with Poole, Moody, OPJ, JTA and Wiseman off the bench. Maybe they bring back Iguodala and sprinkle in some Lee minutes.

Steph / ???
Klay / Poole
Wiggins / Otto / JTA
Draymond / Bjelica
Wiseman / Looney

Going to be an uphill battle for them to get any real PT unless Otto and Bjelica are washed and JTA/Poole end up being one-hit-wonders.
Kinda think you are overrating JTA and Bjelica specifically here. Also Klay is going to be out for the first half of the season. There’s definitely going to be opportunities.

Kinda think you are overrating JTA and Bjelica specifically here. Also Klay is going to be out for the first half of the season. There’s definitely going to be opportunities.

Klay's not out for the first half of the season...and I'm not overrating anything. Never said those guys were better players. I'm just making an assessment based on how the team has generally used it's rookies. Unless Bjelica is washed, I have a hard time seeing Kuminga ahead of him in the rotation considering he's a floor spacer. JTA understands the nuances of the offense and knows his role and is a year in. I'd like to think he has an advantage on 2 rookies right now considering how we've seen their young guys struggle picking up the offense (and defense).

I am not saying Moody and Kuminga are going to average 5 minutes per game. I'm saying that for a team with playoff aspirations...it's reasonable to doubt whether 2 teenagers are going to be in the rotation in the thick of things. James Wiseman averaged 20 minutes last year and he was the starter. I'm big on both...but one summer league game isn't about to have me slot them in the rotation with real minutes

Completely forgot about JTA and that they signed Otto. Yea, those guys aren’t playing this year. Do we not remember how bad it looked like with Steph playing with all of those inexperienced guys early on? Warriors don’t have time to waste.

Completely forgot about JTA and that they signed Otto. Yea, those guys aren’t playing this year. Do we not remember how bad it looked like with Steph playing with all of those inexperienced guys early on? Warriors don’t have time to waste.

Myers before the FA signings and Paschall trade.

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 12.16.51 PM.png

RE: Warriors

Sounds like unless a no brainer comes along, the Warriors are going to stay put if Lacob has his choice.

Back
Top Bottom