2025 NBA Draft Thread

Yup it’s all about the injury factor with Chet…He got the skills and motor but long term health usually looks sketchy for players built like him

His frame is more KD than traditional 7 footers, he struggles to put on weight, I wouldn’t worry about injuries, KD really didn’t have to until lately.

KD weighed in at 215 @ the combine and then 227 by the time the season started. That's considerably bigger than Chet.

Chris Boucher is an example of a rail thin big He weighed in at 6'9.5 182 @ his combine.

KD weighed in at 215 @ the combine and then 227 by the time the season started. That's considerably bigger than Chet.

Chris Boucher is an example of a rail thin big He weighed in at 6'9.5 182 @ his combine.
Yup all I’m saying is yo super frail and gon play a completely different role than KD coming in, he played SG in Seattle…It’s a legit concern imo, Boucher gets pushed around a lot

Brandon Ingram was around 190-195 lbs entering his rookie year. Ingram and the Lakers decided it was best to gradually add muscle than pack it all at once. Ingram also had wiry strength, kind of like Holmgren.

Right I get what y’all saying but we comparing a true 5 to wings , y’all don’t see the issue? :lol: …Unless y’all think Chet playing SF in the league to start

Like imagine BI getting drafted as a center by the Lakers :lol:

Brandon Ingram was around 190-195 lbs entering his rookie year. Ingram and the Lakers decided it was best to gradually add muscle than pack it all at once. Ingram also had wiry strength, kind of like Holmgren.
Ingram is a much better athlete though

Why I never was disillusioned of what he could be at the next level offensively

I understand why there would be hesitance to take him #1 overall. For me if his defense isn’t exceptional as a pro his outlook goes way down

At this point Chet seems to be the pick over the two others

I like his game, but I dont like Jabari's shooting mechanics at all. Thats a shot that gets blocked at the next level.

It funny because I posted this not too long ago. Now the stats are coming out. He’s somehow getting blocked more at the rim by much smaller players than he’ll encounter in the league. I was also mostly talking about his jumper, but this is even a worse look.

It funny because I posted this not too long ago. Now the stats are coming out. He’s somehow getting blocked more at the rim by much smaller players than he’ll encounter in the league. I was also mostly talking about his jumper, but this is even a worse look.
Bro, literally every deep dive into Jabari’s game has mentioned his high shot release point and good mechanics

It’s his inability to finish at the rim and from 2P in general that is the issue

He has no wiggle, no elite explosiveness. That’s the issue, not his long range shot

Bro, literally every deep dive into Jabari’s game has mentioned his high shot release point and good mechanics

It’s his inability to finish at the rim and from 2P in general that is the issue

He has no wiggle, no elite explosiveness. That’s the issue, not his long range shot

His mechanics sucks. He shoots with the palm. Idk man not a fan at all. His defense is what separates him, this is not a #1 pick though.

How Chet looking? I see they playing a ranked team and getting dragged lol. He has 4 blocks but not scoring. idk, looks like he's in foul trouble too

Smith ain’t doing it for me either. Got good length for defensive potential but I really don’t like the way he plays. Don’t think he’ll be bad but not #1. Top 3 all have shown things I have questions about but also have high ceilings, it’s weird.

How Chet looking? I see they playing a ranked team and getting dragged lol. He has 4 blocks but not scoring. idk, looks like he's in foul trouble too
“Granted, this is a small sample size it and it is far from a death knell. But for a guy with frightening physical flaws, it is somewhat scary to overinvest in his domination of mid-major competition when his offense shriveled up against high major defenses.

For a quick comparison– kenpom splits stats vs. games against top 50 teams. In Chet’s case, this would be the 5 high major games plus a road game at #72 Santa Clara. In this splits, his offense drops from 21.6 usg 128 ORtg 11.5% ast to 18.5 usg, 108 ORtg, 6.2% ast.”

Watson at Providence looks like he has the know how to be a crafty pro, he's always keeping his team in the game

Back
Top Bottom