2025 NBA Draft Thread

I feel like I've been hearing strong sentiments that the "draft is weak" more often than not for the past decade. This draft doesn't really look that much different that plenty we've seen in recent memory. You've got maybe 1 or 2 sure things, a handful of boom or bust prospects, many of whom most people don't even really know that much about because there's not any media hype behind them.

Each draft class is different. There has never been a time where there's just a string of classes coming in with surefire stars that could be had past the top 3 guys. Loaded draft classes come along every now and then. Some guys end up being surprises. A future hall of famer went 15th in the "dreaded" 2013 class and nobody knew it then. 2015 was thought to be particularly strong and after a few years, many of the guys that made it so strong at the time are still trying to figure it out.

This looks like a pretty regular class to me.

The Knicks should take Culver, but they'll take the Duke guy and make a splash which is cooler.

RJ annoys me but he's def better than Culver.

I'm gonna be lowkey mad if Kabengele drops to the W's in the 1st round. That mock draft position is probably more right than wrong but I like his game a lot and think he'd flourish there. They kinda have a "gluttony" of big men but a couple of them could easily dip and he'd get the chance to develop. He's the type of player that has lotto talent but a contender/good developing team takes and then turns into a valuable player.

I really don't get the Culver love. What am I missing?

It certainly doesn't have anything to do with shooting ability.

He looks like a good role player.

Great finisher
Very lengthy
Fantastic defender.

Shooting isn’t hot but can definitely improve

Culver shot damn near 70% around the rim + had block/steal rates over 2.5%

His makes around the rim? Less than 25% were assisted. Boy can get to the rack and finish.

Tournament really soured me on Culver
I don't care about how a prospect's team performs in the tourney whatsoever, but when that prospect just doesn't look the part at all in big games, it's worrisome.

I still think he's a good player. I just don't have him ahead of RJ. He's in the group with Garland/Hunter/Whoever Else.

When his team with not another NBA talent around him made the title game and almost won it?

He didn’t shoot it well but that kid can play.

I don't doubt his abilities to succeed in the NBA, but he was blowing really easy shots game after game after game. I will say to his credit, the last two games he did wake up in crunch time and make some big plays/buckets, but I just thought he was going to be a little more assertive/show some star power; I don't say don't draft him in the lottery, but at 3 I'm taking Barrett over him easily. He's just more pro ready I think. Maybe I'm wrong, I do want to see him be an all star level player because I do like his game, I just am not 100% sold on him being on that level right now.
Garland is another one that's a tough pick, we had a tiny sample size and it was against pretty low level competition. Add the injury and I think it's more of a gamble than most people think, granted he did show some valuable traits.

I don't care about how a prospect's team performs in the tourney whatsoever, but when that prospect just doesn't look the part at all in big games, it's worrisome.

I still think he's a good player. I just don't have him ahead of RJ. He's in the group with Garland/Hunter/Whoever Else.

That's the thing, if it was one or two games I'd probably not care as much. But the cold streak just kept going, I said it above but he made some big plays at the end of their last two games but that was it, Hunter was in his *** that Virginia game.

Yeah I understand the concerns on Culver but I still take him over Barrett every time.

If the Lakers keep their pick, I’m fine with Garland/Culver over RJ

Yeah I understand the concerns on Culver but I still take him over Barrett every time.

If the Lakers keep their pick, I’m fine with Garland/Culver over RJ

Oh as far as the Lakers go, Barrett is an awful fit if they're not trading Ingram. I'd rather keep Ingram and go with a guard as well if the pick isn't moving for Brow. Honestly, Hunter doesn't have the flash/star potential but I think he's a really good fit on that roster.

Assuming Kyrie and KD go to NY, should the Knicks call NOLA and offer DSJ, Kevin Knox, the 2019 1st, and a 2020 1st for AD?

Pelicans could have a lineup of:
PG - Dennis Smith Jr.
SG - Jrue Holiday (Trade chip)/RJ Barrett
SF - Zion Williamson
PF - Kevin Knox
C - DeAndre Jordan (Free Agency)

I imagine NOLA will wait to formally offer the supermax to Davis, he'll decline then NOLA will explore the trade market in July.

If things break the way I think, Davis will be a Knick.

Back
Top Bottom