2025 NBA Draft Thread

If anything, this gives the pels a bigger incentive to trade AD and build around Zion. They already have their cornerstone.

Lakers getting #4 ****s us too. Their trade package def better than ours plus Griffins relationship with Lebron.

Only thing we really have is the Mavs future picks to sweeten the package.

And are people still that high on RJ at 3? I'm taking Culver over him.

Also, the Lakers don't deserve anymore lottery picks the way they're treating their lottery rookies the last 4 years.

With the Bulls getting hosed with that 7th pick, i guess that’s another year of basketball I’ll be skipping. I’ll be watching MJ clips on YouTube and reliving the glory days

Sounds like you deserve it honestly.

And are people still that high on RJ at 3? I'm taking Culver over him.

Also, the Lakers don't deserve anymore lottery picks the way they're treating their lottery rookies the last 4 years.
We treat them well. We give them the platform to shine and let them spread their wings to flourish in a trash market.

Wow.

**** this, man.

Hope Zion says he doesn't wanna play for the Pelicans.
Why, so yall can call him entitled?

The Lakers should draft Carsen Edwards since Morant gonna go #2. Edwards gonna be best player available at #4 and the Lakers desperately need Edwards' 3-point marksmanship, offensive aggressiveness, fearlessness, and clutch play.

If y'all think the Lakers gonna trade the #4 and package it with half their young core for Davis, think twice. Ain't no way the Lakers gonna give up assets when they know they can get A.D. in 2020.

Lakers should simply keep their core, keep Lebron, draft an impact player at 4, and groom B.I. and Zo to become stars. Kuzma is the perfect role player for this squad.

Lakers looking good after today. I wonder how much they paid the NBA to rig the draft.

Carsen Edwards huh?

Zion on his way to the stage when the Pelicans try to draft him:

giphy.gif

From ESPN:

1. New Orleans Pelicans
i

Zion Williamson
Duke
F

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 272

Williamson emerged as both the best player in college basketball and the best long-term prospect in this draft class the moment he stepped onto the court for Duke, making him the easy choice as the No. 1 pick. We've never seen a prospect quite like him in terms of his combination of productivity, athleticism, competitiveness, skill and feel for the game -- not to mention the sheer star power he'll bring.

New Orleans got an incredible boost by landing Williamson and can now proceed with trade talks for Anthony Davis armed with significantly more leverage than it had Monday.

2. Memphis Grizzlies
i

Ja Morant
Murray State
G

Height: 6-foot-3 | Weight: 170

Morant's emergence from no-name high school recruit to NCAA tournament darling was one of the better stories of the college basketball season. He's one of the best athletes in this draft. He's a highly creative and ambidextrous passer who should fit into the NBA game seamlessly with his ability to navigate pick-and-rolls and make plays in the open floor. He's a better shooter than he gets credit for, though his casual approach to defense and decision-making sometimes work against him.

Morant isn't an ideal fit for Memphis on first glance with Mike Conleyunder contract, which means the Grizzlies will also take a long look at RJ Barrett. But the Murray State product gets the nod for now as he appears to be ahead of Barrett on most NBA boards.

Trading Conley won't prove too difficult considering his productivity, leaving Memphis in an ideal situation to make the best decision for the future of the franchise.

3. New York Knicks
i

RJ Barrett
Duke
G/F

Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 208

Barrett broke Duke and ACC freshman scoring records while being named a consensus first-team All-American, even if he was lost in the shadow of Williamson at times. Barrett emerged as Duke's full-time playmaker as the season moved on, showing impressive passing ability operating out of pick-and-rolls, something that will serve him well in the NBA once he's surrounded by better shooters. He was inconsistent from the perimeter, he demonstrated questionable decision-making and shot selection at times, and he wasn't the defender his physical tools suggest he should have been at the college level.

The presumptive No. 1 pick going into the season, Barrett will get some looks at No. 2 and won't fall any further than this. Barrett is one of the few players in this draft who can handle the spotlight of Madison Square Garden and he is actually a very good fit for the Knicks roster. He'll be able to shoulder significant ballhandling duties if they decide to continue to rebuild slowly through the draft, but he could also play with a star free agent.

4. Los Angeles Lakers
i

Darius Garland
Vanderbilt
G

Height: 6-foot-3 | Weight: 173

Garland's freshman season ended abruptly due to a knee injury just five games in, leaving a cloud of mystery regarding exactly what to expect from him as an NBA rookie. Nevertheless, there's a lot to like about his ability to operate at different speeds, handle the ball on a string and make pull-up jumpers from difficult vantage points. The lack of star power overall and general depth at the point guard position gradually pushed Garland up the lottery as executives expressed disenchantment with the alternatives.

Garland's slender frame, negative assist-to-turnover ratio and lack of experience at the college level are things he'll have to address during the pre-draft process, but he's a natural option here.

Garland is a strong fit alongside Lonzo Ball and LeBron James. The Lakers need more shot creation and shot-making on their roster, and Garland is a good fit here. The fact that he shares the same agent as James probably won't hurt.

5. Cleveland Cavaliers
i

De'Andre Hunter
Virginia
F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 222

Hunter had one of the best national championship performances in recent memory, dropping 27 points and nine rebounds while converting 4 of 5 3-pointers, including some clutch shots late. He had already established himself as one of the best defenders in the college game. He brings positional versatility with long arms, elite lateral quickness and outstanding instincts. While he has some clear limitations offensively as a shot creator and likely isn't the 3-point shooter his college numbers suggest, his game is made for the modern NBA, and there's a comfort level in his high floor.

While not loaded with upside, Hunter fits a positional need.

6. Phoenix Suns
i

Jarrett Culver
Texas Tech
G

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 195

Culver helped Texas Tech overachieve significantly in reaching the national championship game. Although he struggled at times in the NCAA tournament, there is quite a bit to like about what he brings on both ends of the floor. Culver has the versatility to slide among any of the backcourt spots, and he's an active defender and rebounder. He displayed impressive shot-making and shot-creation prowess en route to winning Big 12 player of the year.

A slow release on his jump shot and average explosiveness beating defenders off the dribble are things he'll have to address in the pre-draft process, but he has as high a floor as any prospect and plenty of room to grow, considering his youth and late-blooming trajectory.

Culver is an interesting fit with Devin Booker, who has turned into a primary ball handler in Phoenix but can also play off the ball thanks to his tremendous perimeter shooting ability. While Suns fans might be clamoring for more of a traditional PG, Culver's NBA future is likely playing on the ball as a combo guard operating off a player in Booker's mold.

7. Chicago Bulls
i

Coby White
North Carolina
G

Height: 6-foot-5 | Weight: 191

White was somewhat of an afterthought in recruiting circles among guard prospects in this class, but he was able to take advantage of the green light he received in Roy Williams' system and his seemingly unlimited confidence to jump into the lottery. His impressive size, open-court quickness and shot-making ability make him an ideal fit in the modern NBA game, and he should make strides as a passer and defender as he continues to gain strength and experience.

White falls into an ideal situation in Chicago, where he can get significant reps as a primary ballhandler on a team that really struggled at the point guard position the past few seasons. His perimeter shooting ability gives him the flexibility to play alongside the likes of Kris Dunn or Zach LaVineas the Bulls figure out exactly how their backcourt should shape up long term.

8. Atlanta Hawks
i

Cam Reddish
Duke
F

Height: 6-foot-9 | Weight: 205

Reddish is one of the biggest enigmas of this draft class, as he rarely produced up to his talent level as a freshman and mysteriously missed an NCAA tournament game. Still, his combination of size, length, fluidity and perimeter shooting ability is highly intriguing in a draft that is lacking deep star power.

In Atlanta, Reddish would find an ideal situation where he wouldn't be asked to carry too heavy of a scoring load immediately alongside Trae Young and the rest of Atlanta's promising young core -- yet he would still being able to contribute significantly with his perimeter shooting, passing and defensive versatility.

9. Washington Wizards
r527156_130x180_smallmug.jpg

Sekou Doumbouya
Limoges
F

Height: 6-foot-9 | Weight: 210

Doumbouya rebounded from a slow start and has been very productive in Pro A France since returning from a hand injury. He has outstanding physical tools for a modern-day NBA forward, particularly defensively, where he shows significant potential, and he has a projectable skill level offensively.

The Wizards likely are about to begin a long rebuilding process and can afford to be patient with Doumbouya while giving him significant offensive reps that should expedite his development.

10. Atlanta Hawks (via Mavericks)
i

Jaxson Hayes
Texas
C

Height: 7-foot | Weight: 220

Hayes came into the season as a complete unknown after hitting a significant growth spurt in high school and registering little productivity prior to college. He proved to be a high-end NBA prospect early on, thanks to his phenomenal physical tools, mobility and instincts on both ends of the floor, cementing himself as the top center prospect in the draft.

Hayes' lack of experience, relatively raw offensive game and still developing feel will likely relegate him to project status for most NBA teams, but that shouldn't be too much of a deterrent at this point in the draft.

The Hawks have been developing John Collins at both big spots; Hayes could fit well there and become an ideal pick-and-roll partner for Trae Young.

11. Minnesota Timberwolves
i

Brandon Clarke
Gonzaga
F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 210

Clarke's versatility as a rim-protecting and pick-and-roll-switching lob-catcher is intriguing here. He will turn 23 prior to his first NBA game and should be ready to step in and help right away.

While the Wolves might be tempted to reach for a point guard here, they could also use a versatile big man like Clarke to pair alongside Karl-Anthony Towns. Clarke's defensive versatility, pick-and-roll finishing prowess and budding shooting ability make him a strong match for the existing pieces on the roster.

12. Charlotte Hornets
i

PJ Washington
Kentucky
F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 223

Washington has the length to defend multiple positions on the interior, he can stretch the floor from the perimeter, and he brings plenty of long-term upside.

His toughness and versatility will fit well on any team.

13. Miami Heat
i

Bol Bol
Oregon
C

Height: 7-foot-2 | Weight: 222

Bol brings much-needed 3-point shooting and rim protection. He's a top-five talent in this draft, finding himself this low due to a season-ending foot injury, which is certainly a concern.

For any team thinking about the long term that is willing to roll the dice a bit, Bol's long-term upside could be intriguing.

14. Boston Celtics (via Kings)
i

Kevin Porter Jr.
USC
G

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 217

Porter will start getting looks as high as the middle of the lottery, but he has some questions to answer during the pre-draft process about his approach to the game.

At this stage of the draft, the rewards likely outweigh the risks, as Porter can become another creator on the perimeter who can shoulder some scoring load. Porter has the size and versatility to slot into a variety of lineup configurations.

Back
Top Bottom