yo !%$% the preseason... realtalk though, i want this dude Landry to make the 15 man roster. Mad respect from what ive been hearing about him, i like storieslike his... J Starks status
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I cringe when Al Harrington sets up for a 3-ball...

i cringe when jeffries touches the ball

what's up with the dead arm shooting?i've never seen wil chuck up airballs and bricks like that with such consistency.did he retool his J?last year hegot that rainbow jumper.his shot looked broken last night.

it's gonna be a long season. I just hope gallo can produce and get in the starting line up. Just keep shooting till the shots go down.
hughes is beyond buns. Are we starting jefferies just to showcase him? I like what i see from darko defensively. chandler will be straight. nate needs to watchhis mouth, these refs won't hesitate to T him up.

dantoni is mad funny. Hughes shot an airball three and you see a close up of dantoni cracking up and shaking his head

on a completely irrevelent note... we all know getting a PG this offseason was a big F... but what the %$*# happened to that other Spanish PG we were rumoredto get WAYYY earlier in the offseason. I forget dudes name but apparently he was nice and Rubios backup in Spain and he was going to the NBA and we were histop choice. Was that just another washed away rumor? I JUST remembered this
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

on a completely irrevelent note... we all know getting a PG this offseason was a big F... but what the %$*# happened to that other Spanish PG we were rumored to get WAYYY earlier in the offseason. I forget dudes name but apparently he was nice and Rubios backup in Spain and he was going to the NBA and we were his top choice. Was that just another washed away rumor? I JUST remembered this
laugh.gif
smh.gif
sergio rodigiuez (SP) or something?
alan hahn denied that rumor, saying it was completely false.
and it seems that he was right, since he got traded somewhere else for basically a pack of cookies.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by THE GR8

on a completely irrevelent note... we all know getting a PG this offseason was a big F... but what the %$*# happened to that other Spanish PG we were rumored to get WAYYY earlier in the offseason. I forget dudes name but apparently he was nice and Rubios backup in Spain and he was going to the NBA and we were his top choice. Was that just another washed away rumor? I JUST remembered this
laugh.gif
smh.gif
sergio rodigiuez (SP) or something?
alan hahn denied that rumor, saying it was completely false.
and it seems that he was right, since he got traded somewhere else for basically a pack of cookies.
nah nah i
m not talking about Sergio i know the deal with him... his name is like Cabezas or some @$!%. It went from being really talked about to just falling off, iwanna know what happened with all of that. I just randomly remembered about this and was thinking "what happened with that dude" hes still in Europeas far as i know, its not Sergiio

i sort of remember now.
mike said he was great to have him on the team, hes flashy, smart, etc. he said the same damn thing about sun yue
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Spain's Carlos Cabezas could be point-guard fix for Knicks

BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, April 21st 2009, 4:00 AM

Gonzalez/Getty
Carlos Cabezas (r.) might be a viable option for the Knicks at point guard.

PORTLAND - When Trail Blazers guard Sergio Rodriguez was asked Monday about Carlos Cabezas, his immediate response was, "You mean Charlie Head?" Translated from Spanish, that is what Carlos Cabezas means.

The Knicks, though, are wondering if Cabezas' game can translate from Europe to the NBA.

According to Cabezas' own Web site, the backup point guard on Spain's national team is considering an offer to join the Knicks next season. The Knicks are looking to add a natural point guard and believe Cabezas is a solid option, especially if restricted free agent Nate Robinson does not return.

"He played on a team that won the World Championship," says Rockets forward Luis Scola, who also played professionally in Spain. "I believe he can play for the Knicks. He is strong and smart."

Cabezas is also mulling an offer to re-sign with his Spanish club Unicaja and also one from rival Real Madrid.

Spain has had a good history of exporting quality point guards to the NBA. Toronto's Jose Calderon is arguably the best of a group that once included Juan Carlos Navarro and Raul Lopez, who played for the Grizzlies and Jazz respectively before returning to Spain. Rodriguez currently serves as Steve Blake's backup with Portland.

Fellow countryman Ricky Rubio is expected to declare for the NBA draft and will be a lottery pick. The 18-year-old Rubio, who also plays point guard, is drawing comparisons to Pete Maravich.

Cabezas is not on Rubio's level, but scouts feel that he is a more than serviceable player.

"I have not spoken to Cabezas in a while but I know he wants to come to the NBA," Rodriguez said following the Trail Blazers' practice. "It is time. He is 28. There is no doubt in my mind he can play in the NBA."

Point guard was a weak spot for the Knicks this season, especially once coach Mike D'Antoni decided that he didn't want Stephon Marbury. For three months, Chris Duhon was at the top of his game, but just as suddenly, his production went down and he looked physically worn by the end of the season.

Robinson enjoyed his best season but he's still more of an undersized shooting guard than a natural point guard. When it became apparent that Duhon couldn't maintain his level of play, the team suffered.

If the Knicks have a chance to draft Rubio - he could be one of the top players taken, if not the first overall pick - they could conceivably enter next season with two Spanish point guards on the roster.

That should help attendance, since anytime a Spanish player comes to the Garden, that player usually has hundreds if not thousands of supporters chanting his name and waving flags.

"It is incredible," Rodriguez said. "It's always a great experience playing in New York."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b..._pointguard_fix_for_knicks.html#ixzz0Tw5lsN8p
one of a few articles i looked back on this guy. Anyone know what happened??
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

mike said he was great to have him on the team, hes flashy, smart, etc. he said the same damn thing about sun yue
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

are you laughing at me mistaking him on the team, or the comment about sun yue?
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
nahh sun yue
laugh.gif

any info on what happened to Cabezas??
nerd.gif

why is Isiah Thomas all of the sudden popping up in this thread?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
2007_09_guiltythomas.JPG

[h1]New York Knicks' Larry Hughes believes LeBron James will stay with the Cleveland Cavaliers[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 4:00 AM

alg_cavaliers_lebron_james.jpg

Schwane/AP/AP
LeBron James' (r.) former teammate Larry Hughes (l.) thinks the Cavs' superstar will stay in Cleveland.

Larry Hughes understands that the chances of him returning to the Knicks next season are slim to none. Unfortunately, the same may be true of one Hughes' best friends as well.

Hughes reiterated Wednesday that he believes LeBron James, the Knicks' primary free agent target, will re-sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers when James becomes a free agent next summer.

"I still feel that way," Hughes said following the Knicks' practice in Greenburgh, N.Y. "He's got a good opportunity to win there. And I know a lot of people talk about him playing in a big market, but he just wants to win a ring. It's not about playing in a big market."

Hughes speaks regularly to his former teammate with the Cavs and maintains that James is content with the direction of the club. Hughes was with Cleveland when James reached his first NBA Finals in 2007. After the Cavs were eliminated by Orlando in the Eastern Conference Finals last May, the club acquired Shaquille O'Neal, Anthony Parker, Leon Powe and Jamario Moon.

Like LeBron, Hughes will also become a free agent next summer, but his future and present for that matter remain unsettled. Hughes is versatile enough to play three positions, but with the Knicks committed to their younger players - Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Nate Robinson and Toney Douglas - and with Mike D'Antoni committed to using a shorter rotation, Hughes could be the odd man out.

"Well, I expect to be playing," Hughes says. "But it's the coach's decision to make. But I'll do whatever the team needs."

Hughes doesn't think of himself as an older player. He's only 30, but Hughes is entering his 12th NBA season, and the wear and tear is catching up to him. He's lost some of his athleticism, and his durability is a question. Hughes has appeared in 70 or more games once in the last seven years.

Nor does he get much of a grace period with fans. Hughes was booed in his first game last season after being acquired from Chicago and he heard the same derisive cries in the fourth quarter of Tuesday's preseason loss to Philadelphia. Hughes missed all eight shots he attempted against the Sixers, but his teammates weren't much better.

David Lee was 2-for-8, Jared Jeffries and Chris Duhon both shot 2-for-7 and Gallinari was 1-for-6. But only Jeffries and Hughes heard boos.

'Antoni has two weeks to figure out which eight or nine players will become part of the rotation. If Douglas, the rookie point guard, struggles, Hughes could find himself on the court on opening night chasing after Dwyane Wade. His experience and toughness could be valuable assets for a young team hoping to reach the playoffs.

like I care what hughes says about anything, let alone lebron. his liitle midgets friends are wearing new york shirts and saying the opposite. Damn we aregonna hear all these stupid rumors all season.

the cavs are built to win in the next year or 2, not built for the future. If he exits the playoffs in the 2nd round again who knows

whoever is interested, here ya go

Thanks for being a member of Knicks Insider. As a Knicks Insider, you receive exclusive news and special offers, including Knicks ticket discounts.

You are the first to hear about our $20 Knicks Insider ticket offer. Tickets normally priced at $60.50 are only $20 for the following games:

• Wednesday, November 4 vs. Indiana Pacers

• Monday, November 9 vs. Utah Jazz

• Wednesday, November 11 vs. Atlanta Hawks (Military Appreciation Night)

• Friday, November 13 vs. Golden State Warriors

• Tuesday, December 1 vs. Phoenix Suns

• Sunday, December 6 vs. New Jersey Nets (Kid's Day)

• Monday, December 7 vs. Portland Trail Blazers

• Friday, December 18 vs. L.A. Clippers

• Sunday, December 20 vs. Charlotte Bobcats
Click here to buy now. Be sure to use code DECLARE.

Tickets are limited so act fast. See you at The Garden soon!

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

whoever is interested, here ya go

Thanks for being a member of Knicks Insider. As a Knicks Insider, you receive exclusive news and special offers, including Knicks ticket discounts.

You are the first to hear about our $20 Knicks Insider ticket offer. Tickets normally priced at $60.50 are only $20 for the following games:

• Friday, November 13 vs. Golden State Warriors
Click here to buy now. Be sure to use code DECLARE.

Tickets are limited so act fast. See you at The Garden soon!

You guys should go to this game.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom