and hill + darko cant get burn?
whose PT would he take away? Jefferies has been playing great, buckets is our best player out there, and mike loves dlee.
i would assume jefferies. im tempted to believe nate+jefferies might get shipped out tomorrow
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

[h1]New York Knicks might be watching Charlotte Bobcats point guard D.J. Augustin very closely[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 4:00 AM

alg_bobcats_augustin.jpg

Snyder/Reuters
Charlotte Bobcats guard D.J. Augustin is one of the players the New York Knicks have their eye on.

Any point guard who plays for Larry Brown will ultimately clash with the head coach (See: Stephon Marbury). But those who understand there is a method to Brown's madness can accomplish great things (See: Allen Iverson).

Charlotte's .J. Augustin is currently struggling with Brown's Play The Right Way edict, which could be a good thing for the Knicks. Augustin remains a player of interest for the Knicks, who, according to a team source, had extensive talks last season with the Bobcats regarding a deal for the second-year guard out of Texas.

"He was part of a bigger deal," the source said. "But I know the Knicks like him very much."

Knicks president Donnie Walsh declined to discuss his level of interest in Augustin, although it is no secret that Walsh and Brown, friends for many years, talk regularly. According to a source, Brown is open to trading Augustin but has been overruled by Michael Jordan.

"He hasn't defended like he needs to defend," Brown said recently. "He hasn't made shots. He hasn't distributed the ball."

Brown was saying some of those same things four years ago about Nate Robinson, who is now buried on Mike D'Antoni's bench. A Robinson-for-Augustin deal is unlikely because the salaries don't match and because Robinson would have to agree to the deal.

Either way, Robinson's days in New York are numbered. He and Chris Duhon will become free agents on July 1 and Robinson certainly won't be re-signed. The Knicks will eventually be in the market for a point guard and Augustin, despite being undersized, is on their radar.

The Knicks, who have won four straight and are in Charlotte Tuesday, have had trouble containing Augustin. He's averaging 15.2 points in five games against the Knicks, including 15 two months ago when the Bobcats beat the Knicks in overtime.

BEND INTO SHAPE: Jonathan Bender went through his second full practice yesterday and D'Antoni wouldn't rule out making Bender, who hasn't appeared in an NBA game in three years, active against Charlotte.

"We'll see," D'Antoni said. "I wouldn't mind, not knowing how the game is going, getting him time as soon as I can in a non-stressful time like garbage time."

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

It's no secret that I love DJ Augustin. I'd love to make a move for him. Make it happen cap'n.
mahh man, im happy we drafted Gallo last year, but DJ is who i originally wanted over Gordon or Bayless
pimp.gif

Interesting... I liked DJ Augustin before, and unless Nate somehow can break through and crack the rotation, I'd be in favor of a trade.

My biggest concern is still getting rid of Curry's or Jefferies' contracts first.

DJ is sort of an pure point guard. i hope we can bring him in, and ship duhon out.
ill take diaw+DJ for nate+duhon or jefferies
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

and hell, ill take both DJ+bayless. bayless is more of an combo guard either way. imo.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

Darko must be certifiably ******ed.
I COMPLETELY forgot he was on the roster. When was the last time he got PT? Granted, I've missed majority of games' 1st half, but I'mguessing _Antoni's lineup isn't big enough for him.

Watch Bender come in, get burn for 2 weeks, and find himself out of the rotation. We are running a very short rotation right now (I think) cuz I haven'tseen Nate, Darko, Hill, Douglas, and Curry for a while.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

It's no secret that I love DJ Augustin. I'd love to make a move for him. Make it happen cap'n.
Same goes for me. I'd love to have him on the team. They want Nate though.......... DO IT DONNIE!

I remember Larry Brown liked Jeffries & Curry, hopefully we could send one of em there

Who's better out of Augustin, Felton or Bayless?

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I remember Larry Brown liked Jeffries & Curry, hopefully we could send one of em there

Who's better out of Augustin, Felton or Bayless?
At the moment? Probably Felton.

Augustin & Bayless have more potential though. I think Augustin is more of a distributor (even though Larry Brown thinks otherwise) and Bayless is ascorer. Depends what you want.

I don't think DJ and Bayless would work. They both need the ball in their hands to make plays, DJ less that Bayless. Let's not get greedy though,having one or the other would be a step in the right direction.

Bayless is more of an combo guard, while DJ is more of an point.
while DJ has an high potential, he hasnt proven much. he has shown signs of excellence when given PT, but hes been way too inconsistent.

we can say the same with bayless though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

ill take both DJ+bayless.
Bayless can be our JET on this team.
word and we can throw Gallo at the 3 and than trade for Beasley and KLove to have a starting 5 of all 2008 top 10 picks
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

anyway soooooooo hype for tonights game. If we win and Raps take a L in Miami we are .5 back of the playoffs
pimp.gif
hopefully i wont be let down though
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom