LeBron to to New York? McHale says it won't happen »

By Frank Isola

"I'm not sure you want to be the first marine on the beach charging into New York City (to play with the Knicks) unless your name is LeBron James," said McHale, the former Minnesota GM now working for TNT and NBA TV. "I'm not sure who wants to go to New York City, it's going to be very interesting to see what's going to happen there. "I think players will look at what they have around them and make the best decision for them and where they can win a championship. If you win a championship, it doesn't matter if you're in a big market. Look at San Antonio, they've won four (championships). That's what all players want is to win a championship. I don't think there's going to be as much movement as people anticipate. I think LeBron and Dwyane are going to stay. There's the potential for a lot of these guys to stay and sign with their own teams. How they do in the playoffs will have a small bearing on that."

McHale's fellow TNT analyst, Charles Barkley, believes the Knicks will be in trouble if they don't land LeBron. "The only one that matters is LeBron James," Sir Charles said. "He's the only one that matters because if any of these other guys move, they aren't going to make a team a contender. Joe Johnson is a heck of a player but if he goes to the New York Knicks, they aren't going to be a contender unless LeBron James goes with (Johnson).

"All of these guys seem to think that the grass is greener on the other side but it's not. LeBron James is the key to all of what will happen this summer. These guys are all really good players, don't get me wrong but if some of these guys switch teams, they are going to be in a worse situation. Unless these teams get two superstars, they are not going to be in a better position." Barkley also said of the league's reigning MVP, "I am going to be crushed if LeBron James does not stay in Cleveland. Let me say this, Danny Ferry has done more in the last two or three years than any GM in the history of basketball to get a guy a championship in a small period of time. I am going to be crushed from a fan standpoint if LeBron James does not stay in Cleveland."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks ... z0l3:nerd:QCnv

people are MEGA salty about the knicks.

and how is barkely gonna slurp ferry saying that quote when one of the men next to him is responsible for the quickest turn around in NBA history.
laugh.gif

Got two things to say

1 - Lebron is not coming here

2 - but dudes are !@%# blockin tho lol.. No maricon

just leaving the house for the game....
hopefully im still early to meet up with the players....
get some stuff signed, before they leave NY lol
grin.gif

some interesting interviews so far

good luck harrington, you're a black hole but seem like a good guy.

he kept talking about how blessed he was to wear a knick jersey. how much he cherished playing at the garden. he says he wants the knicks to be successful with whoever comes here whether he's here or not. he's a knick fan this was his dream come true all that.

i still don't want him anywhere near the team though

Chicago won 98-89, Raptors will miss the playoffs....

Walsh better meet Bosh in the back

COngrats to Bill Walker and Earl Barron though. They've definitely gotten people's attention and hopefully we'll see them here next season

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

If Lebron comes,

Spoiler [+]
Prince-11.JPG

shout out to every real knicks fan listed on page1 , bigboobs87, shuge, those cavs fans that like to increase our page count and every one who likes to clown the knicks. Its been an entertaining regular season. NOW THE WAITING GAME BEGINS.
nerd.gif
the most epic thread of NT sports & training is here...it could be very good or a big flop...

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

who is this dude.. you good?
lol word.. Bron not coming... but i said
Originally Posted by YEEUPP

If Lebron comes to the Knicks in the summer... maybe we can have cake at hooters then
eek.gif

Because of this ...

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I'm in for a LeBron celebration/ice cream summit.
laugh.gif
a bunch of dudes in the city sitting in a circle, eating ice cream and talking about Lebron....
smh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

another update ..in my 2nd reply on 1st page
Originally Posted by Big J 33

##%* it... if we land Lebron I'll fly up to NYC to celebrate... ice cream, booze, hookers, it would be historic.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom