Originally Posted by DubA169

gallanari is a nobody but CDR, lee, and yi are somebody's... okay i guess
word, you listing all of these Nets players like they are some emerging superstars when they could barely win 10 games this season
laugh.gif

imo Will/Gallo/Lee (if he stays) >>>>>>>>> any 3 some the Nets can put together, and the last 2 of the 5 can be max contracts... only thing they REALLY have on us is a draft pick, but just as homie mentioned earlier, unless they get #1 and get Wall there really isnt anyone else that spectacular imo that we couldnt get by trading Curry's expiring or Mobley's contract.

only problem is We have no players at the 1 and 5 spots and the Swamprats got nobody at the 2-4.

Im telling you as much as i #+$***% hate the Swamprats, ive said it before, if we just combined teams wed be the Eastern Conference verson of the Thunder with all the young talent...

Harris
Will
Gallo
Lee
Lopez
with CDR, Bill Walker, Courtney Lee, and Toney Douglas off the bench

sick.gif
pimp.gif

yeah bt realtalk we are not @++%%@. Dont even try and play like Cs werent in a different postion the year before they made the finals, only difference was that they rebuilded through trading for 2 big names and were gonna sign 2 big names. Who gives a $+!! if they had PP? They still had the worst record in the NBA.

^KG gettin tight cause LEE wouldnt let him get away
laugh.gif

I loved the bloopers. anybody else remember back in the 90s when sports bloopers were archived in history? nowadays it seems as if bloopers arent a commodity anymore.

of course courtney lee is a somebody . . did you watch any of the orl. playoff games last year? . . i mean cdr and yi might be nobodies but theyre around the same level as gallo right now imo. all three of these players might have some good games but most of the time theyre ghost. and dont talk about talent and there potential @+@#@@##. please everyone in the L has talent and potential.

oh and i like how you didnt mention harris and lopez.

but yeah . . what the %*%% you mean who gives a +#*$ if they had pp?

how hard is it to understand that having pp was a important piece in attracting fa's like kg and jesus? plus kg and jesus were in pretty +#*$ situations anyways. %*%% a regular season record.. they won a chip the year after and pp was a important player in every game.

yet.. we have no one really and you guys think were in the better position to sign a fa then chitown, miami, and the nets.

but i guess having money and being the new york knicks can lure us a player..

in the end all i wanna see is a winning team.

btw, when do knicks tickets go on sale?
nerd.gif
I have a feeling tickets will be harder to get for this season coming up

if lebron comes i heard that the ticket prices are going up 12%

(yes they have the number worked out specifically if LBJ comes) don't wana say where i heard but it wasn't from the internet. i hope we get to find out if it's true.

I love how most of those bad plays outnumbered the good plays, as well as the bad plays belonging to Buckets.

I remember that block in that Atl. game, as well as Gallo's stone face.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and 1:32 in bad plays, ive never seen that before
nerd.gif

btw, how can you guys forget T-Will if you're naming young guys. sure, hes an idiot, but that kid can ball.

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

of course courtney lee is a somebody . . did you watch any of the orl. playoff games last year? . . i mean cdr and yi might be nobodies but theyre around the same level as gallo right now imo. all three of these players might have some good games but most of the time theyre ghost. and dont talk about talent and there potential @+@#@@##. please everyone in the L has talent and potential.

oh and i like how you didnt mention harris and lopez.

but yeah . . what the %*%% you mean who gives a +#*$ if they had pp?

how hard is it to understand that having pp was a important piece in attracting fa's like kg and jesus? plus kg and jesus were in pretty +#*$ situations anyways. %*%% a regular season record.. they won a chip the year after and pp was a important player in every game.

yet.. we have no one really and you guys think were in the better position to sign a fa then chitown, miami, and the nets.

but i guess having money and being the new york knicks can lure us a player..

in the end all i wanna see is a winning team.
laugh.gif
 this entire passage is just off in so many areas and really doesnt even warrant a response.
1st off i never said that Courtney Lee was a nobody but he is not even near the level Gallo or Will are at right now. If they were on the level as Gallo/Will AND they still had Lopez (a better center by 10000 than anyone on the Knicks) AND Harris (a better pg times 1000000 than anyone on the Knicks) than the Swamprats would have accumilated more than 12 !%@@+%+ wins. Our 29 wins are not much but after Lee (who had a far better season than Lopez or Harris) Will and Gallo were the main reasons for us winning those games, while the other swingmen you mentioned on the Swamprats couldnt even get more than 12 on a team with a PG and center 1000x better than anyone that we have.

No general manager in the NBA would tell you he would take Courtney Lee or Yi over guys like Will and Gallo with a straight face. not trying to say that Will and Gallo are future MVPs but they asre VERY quality young players who took major strides this season and are far better at the swingman spot than ANYONE on the Swamprats. 
laugh.gif
 at saying they are on the same level as Gallo and still calling youself a Knicks fan 
indifferent.gif

And everyone in the NBA has talent in potential? Oh yeeeah, thats right, i forgot the that the NBA is full of 6'10 SFs who can lead the NBA in three pointers at the age of 21 in their 1st NBA season and also have an improving all around game in terms of getting to the hoop and court vision, while also playing with heart and toughness and coming up in the clutch for us on more than one occasion. you are absolutely right, my b.... 
eyes.gif

and youre basketball logic is clearly flawed because the Celtics didnt sign KG nor Ray Allen. They got KG handed to them by Kevin McHale who pretty much refused to trade him to any team besides the Celtics where his loyalty was clearly still at, and they traded the 5th pick in the draft (Jeff Green) to the Sonics for Jesus. Hense why i said who gives a #!!* if they had PP. It wasnt a matter of having attractive players to play around to bring FAs for them. Fact is they brought in 2 max contract type players in KG and Ray, they did it through trade we will try and do it through FA, and they went from being the worst team in the NBA to NBA champions. That is the point that i am trying to prove and a core of Lee (if we resign him), Gallo, and Will is more than enough to attract teams regardless.

no i do not think that we are in a better position to sign FAs than Chicago or Miami. i think they are in better shape considering that they already have superstar type players like Wade/Rose, but i also do not think that Lebron will let his ego take him to Miami and play with Wade and get less touches as a result, and i think that Chicago will be trying harder to lure in a Bosh or Amare as a big man rather than trying to pour all their chips on Lebron. I do not think we are set up better than those teams, however i do think we are set up better for LEBRON than any other team and i am not even slightly worried about our neighbors in the swamp because a) they suck b) they dont have as much cap room as us aka if they do get Lebron he wont be able to bring a Pippen and the Nets arent good enough where JUST signing Lebron would make them the dominant team especially because Miami and Chicago will be getting better. Lebron going to NJ would basically be going to a similar cast as he has in Cleveland. Lebron and the worst team in the NBA... and of course c) because they play in a swamp and nobody (especially Lebron) wants to play in a *%+%@%*##$$%@ swamp.

However we have the city, we have youth, we have cap space to bring in a Pippen, etc. Not saying its locked down, but i dont see any other team besides ourselves  having any kind of chance at landing Lebron besides Cleveland.

I dont see what separates Lee and Chandler. they're both the same imo. in fact, lee has shown up when times have mattered.

And youth? the only real "youth" we have is Gallo. Chandler's ceiling isnt as high as you guys are making it to be, and at this point, i rather trade him while he still has some value left and resign Bill walker.

We would have "youth" if we still had jordan hill. im jus sayin'.

At his MVP Award ceremony at the University of Akron on Sunday, LeBron James was asked by Tom Withers of the Associated Press how he could ever "leave this," referring to his impending free-agency decision this summer.

But James did not answer the question directly or take the opportunity to reassure Cavs' fans that he is leaning toward remaining in Cleveland.

"I love, I mean, Akron, Ohio to the death," James said. "No matter where life may heads me, throughout my whole life, ummm, I’m never gone from here."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm....t_leaving/#ixzz0moabbUkp

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

^Does that mean hes leaving or staying?
nerd.gif

it sounds like he's breaking up with ohio
laugh.gif

no matter where my life takes me, we'll always be friends.

Like something you tell your girlfriend. Like i love you, but i just dont see it workin out.

we should both see other people.
laugh.gif

Interesting to see what happens July 1st

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Like something you tell your girlfriend. Like i love you, but i just dont see it workin out.

we should both see other people.
laugh.gif

Interesting to see what happens July 1st
roll.gif
 so true though.

that Cleveland promo video had me %@#!%++ rollingg... "Come see our 2 buildings" and "Who the !+%# still uses a pay phone?"
roll.gif

im reading a book right now for school, idk if yall have heard about it, it was a movie also, called A Home At The End of The World, i dont really like the book at all nor am i a reading kind of person when its not about sports and @@+%, but the plot is about these 2 guys and they are from Cleveland but they both end up moving to NYC when they grow up and there was just one quote that i had to highlight when one of the guys was moving outta Cleveland because the people that raised him (named Alice and Ned) were leaving the city, it goes...
I decided to go to New York. It was the only other logical place. My cleveland life depended on Alice and Ned... Otherwise Cleveland was just a place where things failed to happen. The air reeked of disappointment: river water thick as maple syrup, cinder-block shopping centers with three out of five units dark. Working in a bakery, you get to know the local unhappiness. People stuff whole cakes into their sorrow, brownies and cookies and Bismarcks by the dozen. The regularity of my days with Ned and Alice was like a campfire. I'd loved that part of Cleveland. But, without them, there would only be bus stops, and the wind blowing off Lake Erie. I wasn't ready to be a ghost so soon.
I was just like
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
there could not possibly be more of a brutal/perfect way to describe Cleveland, especially reading that at a time like now

weow okay maybe i was wrong about the whole c's thing. you got me lmao

but dont @@!%%%% question my fanhood for the knicks.

im not full on gallinari yet. everything is blown out of proportion . . leading the league in 3's, his court vision, being 6'10 and ball handling etc etc

do you know how many 3's he took? and runnin in mikes offense? and DEAD @ mike sayin he got the best ratchet . . rofl

ive watched almost every game.. sad sigh . . but whenever i watch this guy gallo all i see is a shooter.. nothing but a step back jumper and omg on occasion maybe a drive TO THE RIGHT and dunk/layup oh yeah and sometimes the pick and roll with lee.

and hes terrible on one v. one defense.. this guy wanted to guard the teams best players at the end of the season and every single time got lite up

idk man i def. sound like a hater right now but this is what i saw during the season . .

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

weow okay maybe i was wrong about the whole c's thing. you got me lmao

but dont +#$@*%% question my fanhood for the knicks.

im not full on gallinari yet. everything is blown out of proportion . . leading the league in 3's, his court vision, being 6'10 and ball handling etc etc

do you know how many 3's he took? and runnin in mikes offense? and DEAD @ mike sayin he got the best ratchet . . rofl

ive watched almost every game.. sad sigh . . but whenever i watch this guy gallo all i see is a shooter.. nothing but a step back jumper and omg on occasion maybe a drive TO THE RIGHT and dunk/layup

and hes terrible on one v. one defense.. this guy wanted to guard the teams best players at the end of the season and every single time got lite up

idk man i def. sound like a hater right now but this is what i saw during the season . .

lets see a guy like Courtney Lee, Yi, or CDR pull that +*#$, even once
eyes.gif

and even if Gallo did get burned at times by stars for the opposition, you have to respect that this was his 1st full season in the NBA, hes 21 years old, but still has that desire to step up and take the big shots or guard the opposing teams best players, and sometimes stay with them, and even in a case like the link above, out do them and get us a W. I mean it is EXTREMELY tough mentally and physically for an untested, pretty much rookie, to even WANT to go head to head with a guy like Carmello Anthony who has proven himself to be an all-word talent, especially when it comes to scoring, and is also alot more athletic than Gallo. For Gallo to even want that task says alot, but to actually perform and come away with a W, even if it was just that one game, really just shows signs of his enormous potential and desire. He always wanted to be the go-to-guy down the stretch, and alot of times he converted and hit numerous big shots for us, and he even had back to back defensive plays to win us games this season. dude really is a straight competitor, which i was very amused and pleased with this season amongst other things.

I mean at 21 years old and at 6'10 with his kind of stroke and range you cant say that all guys in the NBA have that kind of potential, that is straight up foolishness right there. You gotta respect that as the season went on he took some major strides and really played with a lot of energy and showed alot of heart at times, and really wanted to be that kind of go to guy and he was able to get in the paint and convert and draw fouls more and more as the season progressed. Gallinari proved to be this season a great young player who will only get better, and almost more importantly in my eyes, a great competitor, because so many of these talented Euros that you see nowadays just lack that competitive fire to make it far in the NBA... Gallinari does not, and if you think that we would still have 29 wins this season with a guy like Lee, Yi, or CDR instead of Gallo, or to say something like any of those 3 are on his level as far as "young talent" in the NBA right now. I honestly dont know who you were watching at times this year or maybe you are just WAY overating those 3 swamprats. I really dont mean to question your Knicks fanhood, its all love in here when it comes to my Knicks thread regualrs like yourself and I, and sometimes i just get OD with my rants. I mean i know you are not some random Knick fan who is coming in here and +*#$+*!!@#%%, i know that you have been posting in here for a few years now and i do believe that you have watched almost every game. But I'm just saying that there is no way that any of the Nets swingmen are on that level that Gallinari or even Chandler is on right now, just as no PG or center we have is on the same level as Harris or Lopez.

and yes Gallo does take alot of 3s, but to hit the amount that he did at a % like his still shows alot about his skill considering that he had no functional PG play all season long to set him up with good looks, and pretty much nobody like a Lebron James-type who can get into the lane and draw defenders inside, therefore leaving him open. I mean 3 point % is quite possibly the most flawed statistic in the NBA when determining a players actual skill. Do you think that it is a coincidence that 3 of the top 10 players in 3 point accuracy were Cavs this season? Do you find a coincidence that Kyle Korver shot over 50% from downtown this season and that both Jared Dudley and Channing +$%$+!@ Frye emerged as top 3 point shooters in terms of percentage this season after not being considered much of 3 point threats in their previous years? Gallinari would shoot the +$%$+!@ lights out of scrubs like Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, and Anthony Parker, but while defenses have nothing to worry about while playing the Knicks and made sure to be right in Gallinari's grill every single time he catches the ball beyond the arc, the 3 players i just mentioned all had career years in 3 point % because half of their +$%$+!@ shots were uncontested. When you have a Lebron James on your team who can get to the paint at will, you clearly are going to throw extra guys in the paint to help double team him in there, therefore leaving your shooters open cause when you play the Cavs, who are you focusing on, Lebron or Anthony Parker?? Thats why Lebron averages so many assists, he loves the dribble penetration kickout. Does it mean these dudes are better shooters than Gallo? It certainly does not, im sure Gallo could hit alot more than 45% if 3/4 of his shots were wide +$%$+!@ open. Exactly WHY he is such an asset in bringing Lebron here. I mean if Lebron could have those 3 scrubs all shooting career bests beyond the arc, i mean he has NEVER played with a shooter like Gallo. Gallo would make a +$%$+!@ LIVING from downtown. Its the perfect compliment, think about it. You play the Knicks and you got Lebron James the best player in the league with the ball, clearly you are gonna have to respect his ability to drive and have your defenders close in the paint to make him pass, but at the same time you have one of the deadliest 3 point marksmen in the NBA in Danilo Gallinari lurking behind the arc patiently waiting for Lebron's kickout once the defensive help arrives. Gallo would be killin it, Bron would be getting more assists than ever especially in the fast paced system so he can pad his ever-so-precious stats and win more MVPs, but most importantly... wed be unstoppable.

And on to Kyle Korver, sure hes always been a great shooter but hes never seen the likes of 54% from beyond the arc! This just futher exemplifies how much easier it is to get a good shot off when you have a guy like Deron Williams tossing you the rock and setting up your shots than Chris +$%$+!@ Duhon. Im sure Dudley and Frye just didnt become magically better at shooting the 3 ball, but it had more to do with Steve Nash setting them up every time. So you cant just look at the 38% that Gallo shot as just 38%. But look at the fact that he was pretty much one of the only guys in the top 50 or so in terms of 3 point %, who shot the 3 ball THAT much AND have no dominant player like Lebron or elite PG to set up open shots for him. 38% considering the amount of 3s Gallo hit and his lack of help was actually pretty remarkable this season.

god damn i type too +$%$+!@ much, i should be doing school work, yall **@*@+*%#+#@! gotta stop getting me riled up
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom