Originally Posted by BangDak

Lee over a healthy Boozer though? seriously guys?
kool-aid.jpg

Inside ex-Bull Eddy Curry's tragedy
'A HORRIBLE TIME' | Ex-Bull had met his son just once before getting custody
Comments

May 7, 2010
BY LISA DONOVAN Cook County Reporter

For the first time this week, former Bulls center and Thornwood High School standout Eddy Curry talked about the son he met just one time before tragedy thrust the boy into Curry's life full-time last year.

He had to. Curry was hauled into Cook County Domestic Relations Court for allegedly blocking visits between the 4-year-old and the boy's maternal grandmother, who helped raise the boy when Curry wasn't around.

Curry, who at 7 feet tall had to duck at the doorway to the Loop courtroom, took the stand Wednesday. Dressed in baggy jeans, an olive zip-front sweat shirt and a V-neck T-shirt revealing his tattooed neck, the NBA star was soft-spoken and matter-of-fact as he answered questions about the first time he met the boy.

"I don't know how old he was," Curry testified when asked by Lester Barclay, an attorney serving as the court-appointed representative of Noah Henry-Curry. "I can't guess how old he was. He was in a car seat."

The next time Curry would see the boy was after the boy's mother, Nova Henry -- a friend of Curry's since high school -- and 10-month-old sister Ava were shot to death in a Near South Side condo. The boy was home at the time of the January 2009 slayings. Nova Henry's estranged boyfriend -- against whom she once took out an order of protection -- has been charged in the killings.

Curry, 27, offered similar answers when asked about his daughter Ava.

"The first time I saw her was after she passed," Curry said, his head downcast.

Pressed about why he never met her, he said: "I really can't say, I just didn't."

Barclay asked him how he comforted the boy after winning custody of him in March last year.

"I didn't do anything. I didn't have a relationship with him. I didn't know how to comfort him. It was a horrible time," Curry admitted.

Under additional questioning, Curry confirmed that he has children by three different women and that he had been taken to court when he wasn't keeping up with child-support payments -- despite annual salaries of $7 million to $8 million, he said.

Curry, who now plays for the New York Knicks, was ordered to court this time after the boy's grandmother, Yolan Henry, petitioned for visitation rights, which she claims she had been denied.

The trial ended abruptly Wednesday when the two sides reached a confidential settlement that will allow regular visits with the Henry family.

Even before her daughter's death, Yolan Henry was an integral part of the boy's life, her attorneys said. Afterward, she cared for the boy right up to the time a Cook County judge awarded Curry custody of his son.

The child eventually moved in with his father, Curry's wife and the couple's three children. They reside in White Plains, N.Y., but the Harvey native still has family in the Chicago area and a residence in Burr Ridge.

The distance, since grandmother Henry lives in the Chicago area, made it difficult to see the child, her attorney said during the trial.

Curry and his attorney Kelly Saindon argued that the boy was free to talk with his grandmother daily by phone or via Skype, an Internet video chat service.

But from August to January, Yolan Henry didn't see Noah at all -- and only occasionally talked with him, her attorney Vickie Pasley said. And earlier this year, when the boy underwent surgery, Henry flew to New York but was denied a visit, Pasley said.

Curry acknowledged that Henry was turned away but later told the Chicago Sun-Times: "I said all along she can see him whenever they want. All I want her to do is respect that he's in school'' and that he's got a schedule that shouldn't be interrupted.

Under questioning in the trial, Curry said Noah is doing well -- that he received therapy in those first months he joined his family and that he is now in a daily routine.

"With time, he's healing. I'm doing my best to let him know and tell him I'm here for him and I'm not going anywhere," Curry said.

i knew there was no reason to defend this giant piece of #%#*.

denied visitation, met one kid once. never met the other kid.

[h1]GMs Pritchard, Warkentien In Limbo[/h1]

May 07, 2010 10:22 AM EST

Pritchard_Kevin_por.jpg
Kevin Pritchard is widely viewed as having done an excellent job in Portland. Nonetheless, the Blazers' GM could be on his way out and one source suggested that New York could be a logical landing spot for Pritchard. Donnie Walsh is expected to conduct a search for his heir apparent after the summer free-agency period is over.

Mark Warkentien is also in limbo in Denver. The decision-making process on Warkentien's future was supposed to go into motion shortly after the Nuggets were eliminated. But there has been no movement to date. Warkentien's contract expires August 1.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a..._pritchard_warkentien_in_limbo/#ixzz0nGyVQQ20

Lee over a healthy Boozer though? seriously guys?
I think the gap is gettin' much smaller between the two. Lee looked great this year and both are liabilities on defense any way, so it's really a crap shoot.

[h1]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/walsh_lookin_overseas_for_help_5tUi3YCXMl7GuHAr96tZ2M[/h1]

Knicks' president Donnie Walsh looking overseas for help

By MARC BERMAN

While the Knicks coaching staff began conducting pre-draft workouts yesterday in Westchester, president Donnie Walsh had bigger fish to fry across the pond in France.

Walsh, who flew to Paris on Thursday for the European Final Four, has his eyes not just on draft prospects but on 2010 free agents, forward Linas Kleiza and Josh Childress, the athletic wing formerly of the Hawks, as well as Minnesota point guard Ricky Rubio of Spain.

The talented Kleiza, 25, a restricted free agent for the Nuggets, and Childress both played this season for Olympiakos Athens, which reached the final yesterday. They will play Rubio’s FC Barcelona.

With point guard Jonny Flynn emerging as a force for the Timberwolves, the Spanish sensation is expected to be dealt by Walsh’s buddy, ’Wolves general manager David Kahn.

Meanwhile, former Lincoln star Lance Stephenson is officially in the NBA draft as he signed Thursday with New York-based agent Alberto Ebanks. Stephenson played just one season for Cincinnati and could fall out of the first round. The Knicks pick 38th and 39th.

i don't see us getting rubio unless kahn knows he's about to get fired and does walsh a favor. something shady would have to happen

I'm sorry, but Jonny Flynn is not an "emerging force" for Minnesota. I like him a lot and think he'll improve as time passes, but he was subpar this season.
laugh.gif

The offense didnt really fit him, but besides him being a bad shooter and poor defender this season, he's been pretty solid.

Walsh is determined to get Rubio after failing a couple times.. lol

Dantoni must of been on his sack

Rubio and Childress off the bench would be nice.
behind who???
laugh.gif

The offensedidnt really fit him, but besides him being a bad shooter and poordefender this season, he's been pretty solid.

mannn, get Jonny over here hed #%@##*@ kill it, my boys a beast. Im preying that the Wolves get #1 cause theyd be guarenteed to trade Rubio or Flynn if they took Wall, and i dont see any team having the balls to take Turner over Wall at #1, i really dont

[h2]Skywalk Planned For Renovated Madison Square Garden[/h2]
May 07, 2010 8:27 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
The cost of renovating Madison Square Garden will be between $775 million and $850 million and the final phase is scheduled to be completed in October of 2013.

One of the unique upgrades in the plan is construction of a skywalk that will hang from the roof of the building and be open to fans to watch the action from above during games.

im scared to read the article. just the pictures were enough
laugh.gif

and i meant Childress off the bench. obviously Rubio would start
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom