Originally Posted by xilegacy

Toronto can have Curry for Bosh.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I would stand up and actually clap for Walsh if he pulled that off.. That's like the Kwame Brown trade..but maybe worse

[h1]Knicks' Ticket Sales Spiking[/h1]May 14, 2010 8:52 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
When LeBron James and the Cavaliers fell behind in their second-round playoff series, the Knicks' phone lines were jammed with people inquiring about purchasing a season-ticket package.

According to the New York Times, Knicks' season tickets have been selling strongly for several weeks but the switchboard at the Garden has been particularly busy since the Cavs were blown out at home on Tuesday. That loss put Cleveland on the brink of elimination, a fate the team suffered Thursday in Boston.

Garden spokesman Barry Watkins said the Knicks have sold about 2,700 new season tickets, 300 this week alone.

“If LeBron comes and brings someone like Chris Bosh with him, this is going to be the hottest ticket in town,

I'm not surprised why the media hates the NY Knicks so much. Some people would think it's a NY thing, but it's def not. ESPN loves the Yankees and when the Giants and Jets play well, they love them as well. It's more of an organization thing. Remember, the Knicks had a HORRIBLE media policy ever since James Dolan came into the picture. He didn't let anyone in the Knicks hold an interview or have discussions with the media unless there was a Knicks media representative present. The media also had to provide them with questions prior to the interviews and such.

It was almost IMPOSSIBLE to get in touch with players and staff from the Knicks without someone from the Garden interfering. If memory serves me correctly, I think we fired Marv Albert for criticizing the Knicks in 2004. I mean c'mon guys. They fired MARV ALBERT! Dude was basically our Chick Hern and Dolan had no problem firing him, because of what he had to say about the Knicks playing poorly.

I've been saying this time after time and I'm beginning to think that it will take a LONG TIME before anything progresses with this team. We won't become successful or win a championship until James Dolan sells the Knicks. He's burned way too many bridges in this league and a lot of people in the league dislike this man.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I'm not surprised why the media hates the NY Knicks so much. Some people would think it's a NY thing, but it's def not. ESPN loves the Yankees and when the Giants and Jets play well, they love them as well. It's more of an organization thing. Remember, the Knicks had a HORRIBLE media policy ever since James Dolan came into the picture. He didn't let anyone in the Knicks hold an interview or have discussions with the media unless there was a Knicks media representative present. The media also had to provide them with questions prior to the interviews and such.

It was almost IMPOSSIBLE to get in touch with players and staff from the Knicks without someone from the Garden interfering. If memory serves me correctly, I think we fired Marv Albert for criticizing the Knicks in 2004. I mean c'mon guys. They fired MARV ALBERT! Dude was basically our Chick Hern and Dolan had no problem firing him, because of what he had to say about the Knicks playing poorly.

I've been saying this time after time and I'm beginning to think that it will take a LONG TIME before anything progresses with this team. We won't become successful or win a championship until James Dolan sells the Knicks. He's burned way too many bridges in this league and a lot of people in the league dislike this man.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ James Dolan's ownership

and  [
roll.gif
+
indifferent.gif
] at the official Bulls fan list

It's crazy how I thought New York would be the biggest letdown if LeBron didn't come here, but now NJ and Chicago are losing no sleep to gas their fans up.

Being the hater I am, it's nice to know at least one of them is setting themselves up...

And while I'm on the topic. I've hated the Nets for as long as I can remember. But with this whole new owner/move to Brooklyn, got me feeling sideways. I feel like they're a couple steps away from me not minding them. Like changing their name and dropping every Nets-branded player, which they ain't too far from. Anyone else feel the same?

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif

[h1]New Yorker tweets on Prez Ruben Diaz Jr.'s page: Change boro name to LeBronx for LeBron James![/h1]
BY Daniel Beekman and Rich Schapiro
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 4:00 AM

alg_lebron-smiles.jpg

Jacobsohn/Getty
One New Yorker thinks it's time for the Bronx to get a French makeover - to LeBronx - in honor of soon-to-be free agent LeBron James.

LeBronx is burning for LeBron.

One New Yorker has proposed changing the name of the borough known for its baseball in a bid to seduce LeBron James to the Big Apple.

His idea: LeBronx.

"Can we change the Bronx to LeBronx," a man posted on the Mayor's Office's official Twitter page. "Pretty please, at least until July 1."

The zany proposal brought a laugh out of Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. - but he's not quite willing to greenlight the name change.

"It's catchy, but this is the Bronx," Diaz said. "This borough is bigger than any one individual. We've had our giants, and it's still the Bronx."

Among the Bronx's most famous ex-residents are actors Al Pacino and Jennifer Lopez, fashion designer Calvin Klein and Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Diaz noted.

"We've had big things come out of this borough, but we're always ready to receive big things like LeBron," added Diaz, a diehard Knicks fan.

Giving the Bronx a French makeover drew mixed reactions from longtime residents.

"Why not?" asked George Rodriguez, 33, of Morris Park. "I would live in LeBronx ... [But] we couldn't call it LeBronx unless he bought a home here."

Thomas Moore, 54, flatly dismissed the idea.

"The Bronx will always be here, but basketball players come and go," said Moore, of Claremont. "LeBron is just a temporary thing."

John Liberato, 17, said he wouldn't mind changing the name of the borough he calls home - but he's got his own idea.

"I'd live in LeBronx. It sounds French," Liberato said, while playing hoops at the Loreto Playground in Morris Park.

"But I'd rather have the Bronx named after [Knick forward] David Lee."

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ James Dolan's ownership

and  [
roll.gif
+
indifferent.gif
] at the official Bulls fan list
I rather the Nets get him than chicago to be honest. It would be great goin to BK and booing the $#@! outta him when he plays the knicks
laugh.gif
%$#@ chicago i can care less if their city blew up, It's funny how they deaded all that wade talk now it's all about lebron.

“…Oakley has become a friend/mentor to the NBA’s two-time MVP over the last few years. They have an Ohio connection – Oakley owns a home in the Cleveland suburbs – as well as a world-famous connection. Oakley is best friends with James’ idol, Michael Jordan. (LeBron is changing his number to honor Jordan.)

And if James signs a free agent contract with the Bulls or Heat in July, the Knicks may regret the day they never followed through with their plan to offer Oakley a job as a big-man coach. Oakley’s relationship with his former club ranges from cordial to estranged, and having him so close to the most prized free agent in nearly 20 years could be a detriment to the Knicks instead of an advantage.

“He wants to go someplace where he can win,

LIVE BOY D wrote:

laugh.gif
%$#@ chicago i can care less if their city blew up, It's funny how they deaded all that wade talk now it's all about lebron.

yup it went from getting their home town hero wade to "we were always gonna get lebronz stupid knicks fans!!"

you are now seeing the media do what it does. it really has the power to change peoples opinion by repeating the same information over and over again.
Even if the source was horrible.

Originally Posted by DubA169

LIVE BOY D wrote:

laugh.gif

yup it went from getting their home town hero wade to "we were always gonna get lebronz stupid knicks fans!!"

you are now seeing the media do what it does. it really has the power to change peoples opinion by repeating the same information over and over again.
Even if the source was horrible.

word to espn reporting the Knicks are the least favored team to land lebron according to bodogg.com guess who was the favorite ?

Some people say Lebron wouldn't work with Rose/Wade cuz they dominate the ball..

So.. if he somehow got to the Knicks... I wouldn't mind placing Lebron as the PG

That's what he played when he first came to the league. That's the position D'antoni & Calipari would of placed him

And that's what he was playing when the dynamic duo of Mo Williams and Delonte West were out and they went on a 13 game winning streak..?

i remember one of you saying that mike brown was pushing a Ferrari at 40 mph.

i want to know how D'antoni's reputation is with lebron. because defense isn't what doomed the cavs. ISO lebron over and over is what did. a stagnant offense is what killed them. is there a better offensive coach than D'antoni that the bulls could hire?

who is available?

So.. if he somehow got to the Knicks... I wouldn't mind placing Lebron as the PG
offensively absolutely. And I think he would run things in D'Antoni's offense.

Just need a smallish combo guard that can guard other PG's (Toney Douglas, or take a guy like avery bradley in the draft)

So, I don't buy the Knicks need a PG talk, LeBron basically is a PG. They just need someone who can defend the position. Which Douglas would be able to.

And LeBron needs shooters. We have Gallo, but if we got LeBron we would either need Douglas/Chandler to improve in that area or go find one.

The only glaring hole I would see if LeBron was on board is a defensive big man. Even if we got Bosh to go with him, it's still a need.

pr0phecy718 wrote:
“…Oakley has become a friend/mentor to the NBA’s two-time MVP over the last few years. They have an Ohio connection – Oakley owns a home in the Cleveland suburbs – as well as a world-famous connection. Oakley is best friends with James’ idol, Michael Jordan. (LeBron is changing his number to honor Jordan.)

And if James signs a free agent contract with the Bulls or Heat in July, the Knicks may regret the day they never followed through with their plan to offer Oakley a job as a big-man coach. Oakley’s relationship with his former club ranges from cordial to estranged, and having him so close to the most prized free agent in nearly 20 years could be a detriment to the Knicks instead of an advantage.

“He wants to go someplace where he can win,

Im done with the Lebron thread, i went on ahead and posted what everyone wanted to hear and now will keep my thoughts and opinions in here with the rest of my fellow knicks fans. My question to you guys is this has it ever occured to anyone that lebron wants the ball in his hands at all times and would like to run the point? If so i think that would put us in a great position to land him. Here's a couple of potential lineups for us if he decides to come here as our PG along side Bosh ofcourse.

1. Lebron
2. Chandler
3. Gallo
4. Bosh
5. ( insert defensive big )

BENCH: Toney, Walker, Barron ?

1. Lebron
2. Toney
3. Gallo
4. Bosh
5. ( insert defensive big )

BENCH: Toney, Walker, Barron ?

Am i crazy guys or would you want Donnie to approach Lebron with this kind of pitch ?

Just because Lebron could play the point, doesnt mean we dont need a point guard.

Who runs the floor when hes on the bench? have toney and someone else split those 10 minutes?

just imagine how dominant lebron/anyone would be with a guy like rubio feeding him.

i see lebron playing point foward kind of like grant hill in his prime, pippen and even mason on the knicks 
laugh.gif
... lets just say we do sign lebron and bosh how much money is there leftover? im thinkin we can sign felton or ray allen for cheap thats if ray can take a price cut

Back
Top Bottom