Yo he's goin to the Nets. NOBODY can compete with this
smh.gif

1. Harris/ courtney lee
2. Turner/ CDR
3. Lebron/ T Will
4. David Lee ? / Yi jianlian
5. lopez / humphries ?

people need to stop. lebron isnt going to the nets. if he does that, its going to be cleveland all over again. for that he might as well stay with cleveland.

bron needs another all star. in the league nowadays you need at least 2 star players to make a run. not to say devin harris isnt a star because he is, he just had an off year last year...but i think that the most likely scenario would be miami or the knicks. knicks can afford someone another superstar. i doubt miami going to get bron. why? cause i think there would be a clash of egos between lebron and wade. they are both very similar players. i dont know how things will work between them.

i think lebron really likes dantoni and that will DEFINITELY be a factor in all this. dantoni plays a short rotation, and we saw in the playoffs...bron wanted to play every minute and was bitter every time he got put on the bench. not only that, but the knicks can add to the team next year once eddy curry is off the books. out of all the teams who have a real shot at lebron...the knicks have the best chance to rebuild a squad. we only have 5 people on the books and 1 of them if coming off next year.

bulls- lets be real. i like the bulls but other than derrick rose...that team is nothing. that team has alot of issues. they need a post scorer and they also need shooters. everyone praising noah. the kid got heart but noah sure as hell wont win chips for you. you cant put the team on noah's back.

so to me the most likely options are cleveland, knicks, or miami. i dont even picture him signing with miami but hey...anything can happen and this is my opinion

im not going to say anything else about lebron until that man signs to a team

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

smh.gif

1. Harris/ courtney lee
2. Turner/ CDR
3. Lebron/ T Will
5. lopez / humphries ?
i'm sorry but this lineup > _____________.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

smh.gif

1. Harris/ courtney lee
2. Turner/ CDR
3. Lebron/ T Will
5. lopez / humphries ?
i'm sorry but this lineup > _____________.

yea man that would be ridiculous and by far best TEAM in my opinion it's either cleveland, knicks, or nets. No one else matters

I'm intrigued by that Dalembert scenario. He is one of the few serviceable big men (true Center) left in the league with a defensive presence. I haven't heard anything pointing in our direction.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Tell me you guys saw the back cover of the Post today...

nope. what now? for the record the times does not have lebron all over the paper. so at least theres still some sanity

Jeff Van Gundy doesn't believe that simply signing LeBron James would make the Bulls a title contender.

Van Gundy acknowledges that James would make Chicago better, but doesn't think they'd immediately be among the NBA's elite.

"Any team that gets him along with Derrick Rose and [Joakim] Noah,you're going to have a good team," Van Gundy said before Game 1 of theEastern Conference finals on Sunday.

"A lot depends on how much they have to give up to get him. If it'sa sign and trade, what other moves they'd make, but I would not thinkthey would be a championship-caliber team right away. But I thinkthey'll be a top-3 or -4 team."

Van Gundy added that he isn't sure where James will sign.

"I think there's a lot of opinions, but I don't think there's any informed opinions," he said.

"So I have no idea, nor does anyone else, except him. He'll make thedecision that's best for him, and still, the team that adds him isgoing to have to play well to win a championship. We've seen the lasttwo years in Cleveland, they have very good teams, but they haven'tbeen able to get it done."

Via ESPN

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...dy_bulls_need_more_than_lebron/#ixzz0o8A9eHei

took this from realgm

[h3]Re: Hahn goes in on the Anti-NY "insiders" on tv[/h3]

sorry,i was kinda in a rush, he was on seth everett's show on 1050. Basicallysaid who are these guys & why aren't they pointing out the warts inchicago like they're doing about nyc. Said Chicago hasn't gotten itright when dealing with coaches since the phil jackson fiasco. Askedwhat do they have besides Rose who may not be a good fit with lebron.Said D'Antoni's styleof coaching is similar to Callipari's, mentioned specifically the"dribble/drive" style both employ. Said lebron was upset with the cavs"unimaginative" offense & what better offensive mind is there tocoach lebron than dantoni. said it'd be easier for lebron to pick histeammates than it would be to try & adapt to chicago's balldominant point guard.

Their offenses aren't similar. Mike's is more advanced, and just flat out better on the NBA level.

Anyway, can Chicago hire a coach first to begin with? Imagine if NY didn't have a coach in place right now..

And I literally LOL'd at that photo shop of Mike this morning.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

people need to stop. lebron isnt going to the nets. if he does that, its going to be cleveland all over again. for that he might as well stay with cleveland.

bron needs another all star. in the league nowadays you need at least 2 star players to make a run. not to say devin harris isnt a star because he is, he just had an off year last year...but i think that the most likely scenario would be miami or the knicks. knicks can afford someone another superstar. i doubt miami going to get bron. why? cause i think there would be a clash of egos between lebron and wade. they are both very similar players. i dont know how things will work between them.

i think lebron really likes dantoni and that will DEFINITELY be a factor in all this. dantoni plays a short rotation, and we saw in the playoffs...bron wanted to play every minute and was bitter every time he got put on the bench. not only that, but the knicks can add to the team next year once eddy curry is off the books. out of all the teams who have a real shot at lebron...the knicks have the best chance to rebuild a squad. we only have 5 people on the books and 1 of them if coming off next year.

bulls- lets be real. i like the bulls but other than derrick rose...that team is nothing. that team has alot of issues. they need a post scorer and they also need shooters. everyone praising noah. the kid got heart but noah sure as hell wont win chips for you. you cant put the team on noah's back.

so to me the most likely options are cleveland, knicks, or miami. i dont even picture him signing with miami but hey...anything can happen and this is my opinion

You are extremely biased if you don't think the Nets have a better foundation than Cleveland and will put Lebron in a better position to win a title. They arleady have two very good players in Harris and Lopez, a guaranteed top 5 pick that will be an excellent player, and a good supporting cast. Add Lee to that group with Lebron and you have the makings of a perennial contender in the East.

[h1]Chris Dudley: In race for Oregon governor, the best metaphor wins[/h1][h4]By Susan Nielsen, The Oregonian[/h4][h5]April 18, 2010, 12:08AM[/h5]
chrisdudleyjpg-dcb529c90bc2df00_small.jpg
View full sizeFiligree AdvisorsChris DudleyRepublican Chris Dudley is the least experienced candidate for Oregon governor, but he's got the winning narrative.

Thishelps explain why the former Trail Blazer is raking in money andendorsements for the May primary despite his limitedrésumé --and why Democrats are nervous about hiscandidacy.

Dudley, a retired NBA player and Lake Oswegoresident, has never held public office. He's far less steeped inpolitics and policy than his three chief rivals, Republican Allen Alleyand Democrats John Kitzhaber and Bill Bradbury. Yet he possesses an Xfactor that goes beyond his Yale education or prom-king appeal:

His story -- all about coaching and winning -- best matches what Oregon wants to hear.

Candidatesfor major office run on metaphors, not just on platforms. They describethemselves and the job they seek in ways that are both self-serving andrevealing. They tell stories that speak to voters' unmet needs.Dudley's story fits the moment better than his rivals'.

Forexample, Dudley says the next governor must act "a little like a coach"to persuade Oregon businesses to rally despite their frustration overthe state's new taxes and uncertain economic outlook. ("You don't justleave," he says. "You stay and fight.") He also repeats the same storyabout his best former coach and the same quip about NBA locker rooms toexplain how he could handle big egos in Salem.

Dudley sayshe's dissatisfied with Oregon being "43rd in everything" and would likeus to improve our standing. He's dismayed that Oregon didn't play towin in a recent race for federal education funds. Without using theexact words, he characterizes Oregon as a talented team with a losingrecord. The state's mediocrity makes no sense, given its potential.

Thischaracterization of governor as head coach is predictable but weirdlyeffective for reasons that have more to do with Oregon's weaknessesthan Dudley's strengths:

Oregon needs to break its losing streak. Dudley talks a winners' game.

Bycontrast, Republican Allen Alley plays up his high-tech businessexperience and leans heavily on the CEO analogy. He's a strongcandidate. Unluckily for him, the public's mistrust of CEOs is at ahigh-water mark.

On the Democratic side, former Gov. JohnKitzhaber seeks a third term. His medical degree, health care expertiseand cool analytic approach to Oregon's problems make the doctorcomparison inevitable. The question about Kitzhaber is whether he's asgood at healing the patient as at diagnosing the illness.

Asfor Democrat Bill Bradbury, he campaigns more like a cheerleader thanan executive. (People need a positive message, he explains. You can'tcampaign on budget cuts.) His pledge to find an extra $2 billion forschools, while defiantly cheery, is too disconnected from reality topersuade.

That leaves Dudley, a political newcomer with a philanthropic heart and a winning story.

It almost makes you forget how untested in civic life the guy really is.

Kitzhaberand Dudley are favored to win their primaries next month. Kitzhaber hasthe edge in the general, as the knowledgeable political veteran in ablue state. If Dudley sticks to his sound bites, he will sound awfullyshallow next to Kitzhaber.

But in politics, it's dangerousto underestimate the power of a narrative. It's also foolish to thinkvoters will value experience when they're frustrated with the statusquo.

This year, Oregon voters want their state to comefrom behind and win. If Dudley taps into that feeling, his successshould come as no surprise.

-- Associate Editor Susan Nielsen, The Oregonian. How would you rate this year's field of candidates? Comment below.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You are extremely biased if you don't think the Nets have a better foundation than Cleveland and will put Lebron in a better position to win a title. They arleady have two very good players in Harris and Lopez, a guaranteed top 5 pick that will be an excellent player, and a good supporting cast. Add Lee to that group with Lebron and you have the makings of a perennial contender in the East.

Am I really being biased? Is that nets team going to beat anyone in the west if they reach the finals? Are they even going to beat a heat team with an Amare or boozer or another star added to the lineup? Is that team even going to beat orlando? I hope you don't think so or am I still being biased

Am I really being biased? Is that nets team going to beat anyone in the west if they reach the finals? Are they even going to beat a heat team with an Amare or boozer or another star added to the lineup? Is that team even going to beat orlando? I hope you don't think so or am I still being biased

You're blinded by the Nets record this season and truly how skilled a center Brook Lopez is .. If Lebron wants to win a chip immediately then chances are Cleveland is a close shut choice with Miami as a good second choice ....... but if he wants to build a legacy then out of all the teams the Nets is the best choice .. . NO chances are they aren't going to win a 'ship next season but I doubt the ultimate goal is that short sighted. My best guess is the NJ Nets best selling point is when they are set to move to Brooklyn in two seasons the team should be seasoned enough to compete for several championships

IF anything this years Nets record was not due to a lack of talent, but instead a lack of leadership .. As it stands right right IF Lebron goes to the Nets their next biggest need would be to find a dead eye shooter and probably a scorer off the bench if either Lee or douglas-roberts doesn't fill that role

Doesnt Sammy D's contract end next year anyway? what does curry's contract do for them?

and Lopez is good, but hes so inconsistent at times.

How does Courtney Lee not fir the role of a dead eye shooter? If anything, they can sign JJ Reddick.

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

You're blinded by the Nets record this season and truly how skilled a center Brook Lopez is .. If Lebron wants to win a chip immediately then chances are Cleveland is a close shut choice with Miami as a good second choice ....... but if he wants to build a legacy then out of all the teams the Nets is the best choice .. . NO chances are they aren't going to win a 'ship next season but I doubt the ultimate goal is that short sighted. My best guess is the NJ Nets best selling point is when they are set to move to Brooklyn in two seasons the team should be seasoned enough to compete for several championships

IF anything this years Nets record was not due to a lack of talent, but instead a lack of leadership .. As it stands right right IF Lebron goes to the Nets their next biggest need would be to find a dead eye shooter and probably a scorer off the bench if either Lee or douglas-roberts doesn't fill that role

ya'll got me feeling like stevie wonder cause i just dont see it. cant see them even winning a chip even down the road. Way too many better teams with way more potential EVEN IF lebron goes to the nets. im not being blinded by this year's record cause i know the nets have talent. im just saying their talent wouldnt be enough even with bron there. and like i said originally...it would be cleveland part 2.

LeBron James reportedly called Bulls guard Derrick Rose to say that "he likes Rose's game, likes his team and would welcome the chance to play together."
Though emanating from the Chicago Daily Herald, this was first mentioned by ESPN reporter Scoop Jackson and then confirmed by a league source. It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme but is sure to kindle endless LeBron-to-Chicago rumors. May. 16 - 8:48 pm et
Source: Daily Herald

http://www.rotoworld.com/...d=927&line=136222&spln=1

Back
Top Bottom