By Chris Sheridan

Attention Knicks fans: Keep a watchful eye on what Pat Riley does today. It could have a profound impact on New York's chances of landing LeBron James this summer.

A day after essentially sacrificing Daequan Cook and the No. 19 pick in tonight's draft in a trade with Oklahoma City that cleared $3.4 million in salary cap room, Riley today was in the midst of negotiating a buyout with James Jones while also trying to find a taker for Michael Beasley.

His goal: To clear enough cap space to make a run at the threesome of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh as the cornerstones of the "dynasty" he alluded to in comments he made publicly and to season-ticket holders this spring.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

By Chris Sheridan

Attention Knicks fans: Keep a watchful eye on what Pat Riley does today. It could have a profound impact on New York's chances of landing LeBron James this summer.

A day after essentially sacrificing Daequan Cook and the No. 19 pick in tonight's draft in a trade with Oklahoma City that cleared $3.4 million in salary cap room, Riley today was in the midst of negotiating a buyout with James Jones while also trying to find a taker for Michael Beasley.

His goal: To clear enough cap space to make a run at the threesome of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh as the cornerstones of the "dynasty" he alluded to in comments he made publicly and to season-ticket holders this spring.
oh hell no! I'd die. Unless it was the Suns.

i sware to god, if the heat land bosh, lebron, and wade,,,i will forever never watch basketball again. think of the bandwagons smh

i don't think they will give us collison. i think we will get ok4 and keep chandler

miami doing big things can help us. you can't convince me bron is gonna give up his legacy to join wade and another star.

Great posts here fellas. Lebron and Bosh awwww man. That would bring a renaisance for basketball here in NYC. It would help me forget about Nate Robinson being traded, although I see him being a nice fit with these 2, I don't care for eddy house. Lebron kicks in NYC colors? Awww man amazing!!!!

Great posts here fellas. Lebron and Bosh awwww man. That would bring a renaisance for basketball here in NYC. It would help me forget about Nate Robinson being traded, although I see him being a nice fit with these 2, I don't care for eddy house. Lebron kicks in NYC colors? Awww man amazing!!!!

Miami only worries me in their recruitment of Bosh. I don't think Lebron goes and plays on Wade's team. With Miami working out a buyout of Jones and probably trying to move Beasley too, they're definitely trying to get as much space as possible. Even if they don't get the 3 max, they'd still have 2 max and at least 10 million right now I believe to work with, and Riley is a smart guy and I'm sure he could squeeze a lot of value out of that extra money.

Nothing we can do right now other than wait. Chicago still worries me, especially amidst rumors that they're working to shed Deng and any other possibilities to free up more space to bring in another star next to Lebron potentially. Thankfully, they're dependent on other teams to trade with right now so that gives us an advantage. We can outright sign the 2 maxes without worrying about complicated sign and trades. We'll know a lot more after tonight, and at the worst this will only go on a couple weeks.

Who knows, maybe Walsh pulls a rabbit out of his !$+ and move's Curry contract for something tonight.

Knowing the pompous idiot LeBron is, there's no way he's gonna buy into that..

Any team he goes to automatically becomes a chip contender, so he can just come to the Knicks.

The Bulls would have him in MJ's shadow, we know he's not about that - change to #6
Clippers would have him sharing the spotlight with Kobe..
Heat would have him begging for the rock with Dwade.

I see him the NY 6 jersey come October.

We should pick up James Jones too
laugh.gif
more shooters the better

This Worldwide Wes character kinda bothers me knowing how much influence he has, especially since he represents Wade, Bosh and Lebron. That's Miami's connection right there.

[h1]Report: Blazers, LeBron's Advisors Are Meddling With Chris Paul[/h1]

Jun 24, 2010 1:58 PM EST

Paul_Chris_noh.jpg
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that most insiders believe that the Portland Trail Blazers have been "merciless" in trying to lean on Chris Paul to force his way out of New Orleans.

The report states that Maverick Carter and William Wesley, two of LeBron James' closest advisors, are also working hard to elbow their way into influence over Paul.

"The NBA lets LeBron's friends come and go as they please in multiple team matters that don't involve them," writes Wojnarowski, "and they're never held accountable for whatever complications they create."

Wojnarowski writes that even though James' representatives disputed Jalen Rose's announcement that James has all but decided to leave Cleveland, that is precisely the agenda that Wesley is pushing privately.

Wesley and Rose apparently have a close relationship dating back a number of years.

I posted the above article because all throughout the last bunch of months there's been rumors spread by all sorts of sources regarding this douche Lebron's eventual destination. I have no doubt that all, if not, most of these rumors began with his group of people just to mess with everyone and have things go in their favour.

http://stats.cleveland.com/nba/playerstats.asp?id=3704&team=
LeBron James has closely guarded his plans once his much-celebrated free agency starts next week. But the New York Knicks are making preparations like they are expecting to host his first stop.

According to a source, the Knicks are making plans to host an elaborate meal and meeting with James in a high-end location in Manhattan during the afternoon and evening of July 1, which is next Thursday. The tentative plan is for Knicks management and officials to host James and his various agents and friends for a large dinner party catered by a celebrity chef.

The Knicks are currently scouring the city for an available high-rise condo or apartment with a great view to rent for the event, the source said.

James is expected to be bombarded by interest once midnight passes on July 1, and his top suitors likely would all like to host him for a visit. The Knicks' bid has gotten a boost of support from Mayor Michael Bloomberg, in addition to various groups that are attempting to gather celebrities to make personal pitches to James.

The potential recruiting visits are not unlike what James went through when he was 18 and being chased by Reebok, Adidas and Nike. The companies chartered private jets to fly James to meetings and put on expensive proposals to sign him. Not unlike the Knicks plan, Adidas rented out a Malibu mansion with a great view for James and his friends for a weekend during his senior year at St. Vincent-St. Mary.

After taking all the visits and getting competing bids that topped nine figures, James signed with Nike, the company he favored all along. Nike was the last visit he made.

Ironically, with the chance to sign for more than $120 million if he re-signs for the maximum with the Cavs, James is in much the same position.

Forget those Downtown Brooklyn rumors. Might King James actually be looking to build his castle in the sky at Columbus Circle? At a sales launch party for blinged-out Fifth Avenue hotel/condo the Setai, an Observer reporter overheard Elliman broker Sherri Shang bragging about how the NBA's most prized free agent of all time recently toured her listing at the Time Warner Center. It's a 3BR/3.5BA stunner on the 63rd floor of the 25 Columbus Circle tower, in the "rarely available A line, the only one with a 10 feet window in the master bath and eat-in-kitchen." It's listed at $14.95 million, or, gah, $5,671 per square foot. Does a LeBron housing hunt in the area mean he's leaning towards inking a deal with the Knicks? If he's shy about committing, the place is also for rent for $45,000 per month.

Jun 24, 2010 2:38 PM EST
According to a source, the Knicks are making plans to host an elaborate meal and meeting with LeBron James in a high-end location in Manhattan during the afternoon and evening of July 1, which is next Thursday.

The Knicks are currently scouring the city for an available high-rise condo or apartment with a great view to rent for the event, the source said.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src..._new_york/#ixzz0rnku00mc

not saying i believe this or it even matters, but i was surprised to see it come out of Cleveland

[h1]Source: LeBron's First Free Agency Stop Will Be New York[/h1]

Jun 24, 2010 2:38 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
According to a source, the Knicks are making plans to host an elaboratemeal and meeting with LeBron James in a high-end location in Manhattanduring the afternoon and evening of July 1, which is next Thursday.

The Knicks are currently scouring the city for an availablehigh-rise condo or apartment with a great view to rent for the event,the source said.
Via Cleveland Plain Dealer

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ons_first_free_agency_stop_will_be_new_york/#

I dont know how I feel about going first. I mean, I'm sure he has a solid idea to begin with, but still..I'd like to have the last visit instead.

nah i like going first because then we can concentrate on getting Bosh quicker. which means we can get things rolling quicker and try to have the jump on other teams who are still trying to kill each other for max players.

you can rationalize it either way. but i bet if they said he's going to chicago first people would be more worried and less happy. just a guess

plus if you want to go doomsday scenario and say what if  bron has no interest whatsoever in new york, at least he tells us sooner than later and we can go about our business trying to get other players.

Agreed. Going first gives the organization more time to plan....we'll see what happens. Hopefully the front office has a real back-up plan.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Agreed. Going first gives the organization more time to plan....we'll see what happens. Hopefully the front office has a real back-up plan.

hopefully the front office doesn't need a backup plan
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I dont know how I feel about going first. I mean, I'm sure he has a solid idea to begin with, but still..I'd like to have the last visit instead.
You can gauge his reaction and ask him to visit once more before he signs.

Back
Top Bottom