that SI article is all sorts of
pimp.gif

im all for it subbing out bosh or stat of Dlee, that way they wouldn't have to convince LBJ or JJ to take that big of a pay cut

i'm sure dlee would be willing o take a reasonable amt to stay here..he deserves to be w/ the team when it becomes a winner

lebron would be running so much point here straight owning *!*!

Bron-JJ-Gallo-Lee-Anyone

So many mismatches..he'd play 1-4 nightly and could even go to the 5 against a smaller team

I also think we should just trade will for a better fit..curry being a key figure in this process seems strange as hell tho

Pretty petty post... July 1st has officially gotten to me.

Make-up post

Spoiler [+]
2mh8wog.jpg

2pyuqn7.jpg

2nqekp0.jpg

a3ytrr.jpg

1zx6vkj.jpg

og07m1.jpg

1g421c.jpg

2j3pv28.jpg

19quc.jpg

w8auxl.jpg

24y35w3.jpg

23vx4j5.jpg

10zthdh.jpg

eqax4y.jpg

w7d2py.jpg

2zzlyt1.jpg

1268ba9.jpg

10zthdh.jpg

2h80lk7.jpg

Spoiler [+]
16gkz8.gif

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by beh235

I said this a long time ago, and now people realize this. I guess I didn't state my point clearly. I said on pg. 558 of this thread that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron AND another max free agent. It must have been the wording of what I said that made people think that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron at all. Looks like this is coming true. It also appears that it is unlikely that he is going to sign with the Knicks. Knick fans are wishful thinkers, but not getting Lebron is going to further ruin the franchise. They should gut the team and find a way to fire James Dolan. Donnie Walsh can only do so much with that cheap owner over him.

Originally Posted by BMWStew

Hell you talking about, Melo "coming home", Melo is from Bmore NOT NY.
wait who the hell are these people 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^ Someone who knows the truth. Jerk. Why are they scrambling to dump Eddie Curry and Wilson Chandler? They should have done that already? Wasn't this one of the first teams to race to Lebron 2 summers ago, by publicly admitting that they were gonna clear cap space to sign him, and now what are they? The third or fourth option? Dolan is a stupid owner, he overpays for underachieving talent (Curry, Allan Houston) and then signs D'antoni to coach a run and gun style that doesn't fit the personnel? They are a little better than in years past, yes. They can't draft, and ones they did draft, they gave them away (Channing Frye anyone?). If David Lee is smart, he'll leave. They constantly mortgage the future to try to win now (their 2010 lottery pick went to Utah) and it never works. This is not how you build a team. That being said, they do not have as much money as Chicago or Miami to sign Lebron and another player. I used to be a knick fan a long time ago. In my heart of hearts, i'm a knick fan, but this franchise is terrible right now. Face it, this team hasn't been important since #33 was traded. Knick fans just don't see the facts, just like John Starks in 1994 in game 7.
i haven't been called a jerk since second grade
laugh.gif

but dude...

yoo to people complaining about not trying Danilo or Wilson, I'm all for them going because the Knicks are pursuing players that will take their positions anyways, so why keep them when we can use them to potentially get rid of Eddy Curry. However who is out there that can take those contracts along with Gallinari or Chandler?

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

[h1]Source: Knicks Will Present LeBron With Three-Star Plan[/h1]Jun 29, 2010 11:53 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
The Knicks are preparing to pitch LeBron James on an ambitious proposal under which two other All-Stars join James in New York to form a dominant roster capable of winning multiple championships.

SI.com spoke with a "league source with complete understanding of New York's plans" that said the Knicks will sell James on the team's vision of surrounding him with shooting guard Joe Johnson and either Chris Bosh or Amar'e Stoudemire at power forward.

The Knicks have been seen as outsiders in the pursuit of James but their bold attempt to bring three stars to New York represents a significant shift in strategy.

The team would divide its estimated $34.5 million in cap room equally among all three free agents, meaning each would start at about a yearly salary of $11.5 million.

The source said that, with bonuses achieved, each player can earn an average salary of $15.7 million over a five-year contract.

On top of those salary and bonus amounts paid on the player contracts, the Knicks will emphasize that with many off-the-court opportunities for star athletes in the world's largest media market, the players would be able to earn more in New York than they would make on a maximum-salary contract in other NBA cities. If the players reach their potential and win a championship, additional endorsement opportunities will be available to them.

If three top free agents are ready to come aboard, then Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas, Bill Walker and three to four veteran-minimum players would surround the team's 'Big Three.'

The team will also promise James that the front office will use the cap space created by Eddy Curry's $11.3 million expiring salary to pursue a fourth free agent, potentially Carmelo Anthony, in 2011. James will be told that this additional flexibility next summer is another element that James will not have in any of the other markets.

So this is the plan? Offer players less than max with huge bonus clause in the contract for making the playoffs which will be nothing?
pimp.gif
Insane. I won't let them get my hopes that high. When you look at it I don't think any other fan of another team in the running could say this is not a great situation.

How is that even going to work, a @@*%+%@ Big 4? Bron at the point? I'll stop now. I'm not going to get too hype since I brought this scenario up a few pages back. Just thinking about them actually pitching this idea though. How do you turn that down?

Nobody gives a %%#* about Paul Pierce. Sit your %!! down Paul.

Ok NT.. I just found out what the Plan is....

from reading this article that stated...

The team would divide its estimated $34.5 million in cap room equally among all three free agents, meaning each would start at a yearly salary of about $11.5 million.

The source said that, with bonuses achieved, each player can earn an average salary of $15.7 million over a five-year contract.

This reminded me of an article a while back...

[h3]http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/14992/the-knicks-secret-weapon-the-unlikely-bonus[/h3]
[h3]The Knicks' secret weapon: The unlikely bonus[/h3]
By Chris Sheridan

I just published a lengthy blog post on the ESPNNewYork site taking a detailed look at the salary cap specifics relating to the New York Knicks' free agency plans for this summer, and colleague Andrew Marchand has a story up in which coach Mike D'Antoni basically says he'll probably be gone a year from now if this summer turns into a disaster.

But I also wanted to call attention to one advantage the Knicks will have on their side this summer: The unlikely bonus.

Again, you can read more about this in the blog post on the ESPNNewYork site, but here is the gist of the unlikely bonus part:

Should Plan A fail, or should the Knicks go after one maximum salary player and two lesser players, they will have one trick up their sleeve. Let's say there's a player out there who no team is willing to offer more than $8 million. The Knicks could make the same offer but tack on a $2 million bonus for making the playoffs. In salary cap parlance, that would be known as an "unlikely" bonus -- unlikely because the Knicks did not make the playoffs this season.

And it is to the Knicks' benefit that two of the other likely heavy hitters in free agency, Chicago and Miami, cannot offer similar bonuses because they made they playoffs this season.

UPDATE: With Friday's news that the NBA expects the cap for next season to be in the neighborhood of $56.1 million, the Knicks are now assured of having enough space to pursue two max-salary free agents and still have money leftover.

So we can convince these dudes to take less than max and tell them they will make up for it when they make the playoffs.. No way Bron, Bosh, JJ miss the playoffs?
laugh.gif

Since Lee and Nate had a $1M bonus that they didnt receive, I believe we can offer $2M bonus in these contracts..

I think i deserve a round of applause my guys

Originally Posted by The Wizard

yoo to people complaining about not trying Danilo or Wilson, I'm all for them going because the Knicks are pursuing players that will take their positions anyways, so why keep them when we can use them to potentially get rid of Eddy Curry. However who is out there that can take those contracts along with Gallinari or Chandler?
yea but gallo's the guy and in this system positions mean nothing
laugh.gif

jeffries was starting at center for a lil while
sick.gif

it's all about skills

Originally Posted by MeloVP

yea but gallo's the guy and in this system positions mean nothing
laugh.gif

jeffries was starting at center for a lil while
sick.gif

it's all about skills

I think jeffries started at PG couple times.. only to defend the PG tho

Yeah I'm more convinced that if Bron doesn't sign here he either was never leaving Cle or is incredibly dumb.

A team like Hornets, Sac, Toronto, Milwaukee, Wizards ( Will probably try and bring in Melo and use John Wall as a reason)

That bonus is nothing new. A lot of players have it in their contracts, but it may differ. I believe kobe has a MVP bonus?, but i know for sure he has a championship bonus.

But is the bonus only payable for the year following the team not making the playoffs? So if the Knicks make the playoffs next year, does that mean that the players who signed won't be eligible for the 2 million bonus the year after? Kind of confusing.

^bc the Knicks were not a playoff team last year, if they make the playoffs next year that is how the players will make that bonus.. by transforming a non playoff team into one.

Btw* I can't wait for Knicks game night
pimp.gif

Wait I misread that.. guess it's a one time bonus.. guess they will have to work out the bonus situation in the contract.. maybe they will make the bonus for each time playoffs are made.

I just can't see that happening. Every crappy team would do that then. And it wouldn't be considered such a "secret weapon"

Back
Top Bottom